Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that Disco Elysium is decline?

Zer0wing

Cipher
I don't see Maxim Gorky in the list of their inspirations. Too based for current fucking year?
decline.png

dliol3I.jpg

*Eliminate homosexuals - fascism will vanish!"

RKade8583

Novice
It's written really well. I found it screamingly funny at times. It's a good little visual novel. It's not worth the asking price, imo, but I got it for free from a buddy of mine to review for accessibility purposes.

It's not as ham-fisted as some here would like to believe though. Speaks more to how ham-fisted other messages in other games are than this game's "subtlety" though.

Also, who gives a shit what genre it is? It's an entertainment product. There. Done. Now talk about it, not what to call it.

Atchodas

Augur
Also, who gives a shit what genre it is?

Thats the only thing that matters about DE, since its not that bad for a game but if you start calling it RPG then whole RPG genre is doomed because everyone will start releasing dialogue based games without actual gameplay and call them RPG's

Atchodas

Augur
Some people are obviously butthurt that we made Disco Elysium GOTY 2019 in the unofficial poll. Soon we'll do the same in the official one, and then at the nearest opportunity we will place DE in the RPG Codex list of best 100 RPGs ever.

Well GOTY of 2019 is not that much of an achievement tbh so no-one will care its Disco. RPG ? Nah.

Prime Junta

Some people are obviously butthurt that we made Disco Elysium GOTY 2019 in the unofficial poll. Soon we'll do the same in the official one, and then at the nearest opportunity we will place DE in the RPG Codex list of best 100 RPGs ever.

Well GOTY of 2019 is not that much of an achievement tbh so no-one will care its Disco. RPG ? Nah.

True, the Codex generally has shit taste. DOS2 GOTY 2017? Come on people. It's about as prestigious as the Nobel Peace Prize at this point, except without the money.

Atchodas

Augur
So who should have won GOTY 2017 according to you ?

Anyway my point was that 2019 does not have much of competition (same as 2017) and DE is probably the best game on that list anyway

Also some guy on other thread was right diehard DE fanboys are really really touchy ... aka :butthurt:

Zer0wing

Cipher
It was a shitty year in gaming but even in 2017 there were better games:

Grimoire (epic meme journey coming to an end as an actual game)
Nier Automata (nothing "J" in this action-rpg so it counts)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Horizon Zero Dawn has better more consistent gameplay
I see you are a man of counterculture and will praise any turd just be different and harvest "prestigious" ratings. Pathetic.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

That is what I meant when I said tryhards.

So difficult being on the Codex these days - you don't know if hating DE is cool or liking DE is cool. You just need a clear answer to this question, and it's not like you're going to actually play it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I see you are a man of counterculture and will praise any turd just be different and harvest "prestigious" ratings. Pathetic.
I'm just contributing to the ELEX meme. I've never played it nor D:OS 2. It's possible I'd like OS 2 better.

Atchodas

Augur
It was a shitty year in gaming but even in 2017 there were better games:

Grimoire (epic meme journey coming to an end as an actual game)
Nier Automata (nothing "J" in this action-rpg so it counts)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Horizon Zero Dawn has better more consistent gameplay

Well now you are just being retarded for the sake of being retarded :lol:

Atchodas

Augur
There are years when it should not be awarded at all.
Agreed, like year of 2019 when some visual novel won it.

on other hand DOS2 winning 2017 GOTY makes perfect sense since all other games on that list were strictly inferior to it in every way maybe excluding Pray which is a shooter game in the end.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
D:OS2 is complete shit. To be asking "which should have been Codex RPGOTY that year" when you have something like Battle Brothers merely labels you as a dumbfuck who doesn't like RPGs, and is probably oblivious to that fact too.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Battle Brothers
Slipped from the mind because it's listed on Steam in Strategies, is this really that good?
since all other games on that list were strictly inferior to it in every way maybe excluding Pray which is a shooter game in the end.
>A shooter game in the end
>RPG Codex GOTY
Well now you are just being retarded for the sake of being retarded :lol:
No U

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom