Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 3

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
breed decadently and nerve staple for recreation

So like actual Spartans, who did fuck all with their days and lived of the backs of an enslaved population?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Should've worn Sailor Moon condoms

Hive government gives out free Sailor Moon condoms to protect citizens against STIs
Protection has never been this adorable.
sailor-moon-condoms.jpg

You may know Sailor Moon, the guardian of Love and Justice, but there’s something else that she’s protecting as well.
In the name of the moon, the cutesy magical girl is ready to protect everyone against modern day villains – sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and diseases.

The condoms, produced by Wannakiki Lovers Lab, come in bright pink, heart-shaped package with an adorable, smiling Sailor Moon as the cover design.

The package contains a pink condom, following the magical girl theme of the campaign.

Unfortunately, the condoms are limited edition and only available for distribution at the two events, for now.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Morgan News Network triumphant theme music

Morgan News Network feed, 12th of April, Q2 Fiscal Year 2103

Theresa Emet: The most recent cowardly attack by Believer fanatics in the vicinity of Morgan Gaian Woodcraft took an unexpected turn as after the MCMSE counteroffensive Miriam’s troops opted to surrender instead of dying from superior firepower.

Tom Uncle: That’s right, after seeing their supporting self-propelled artillery division utterly routed by augmented elite militiamen, the monks of the so called Holy Monastic Order of St. Albert tasked with the usage of believing Weapons of Mass Destruction of a chemical nature, have decided to abandon the robes, vows and Miriam Godwinson, who as well all know is worse than Hitler.

Theresa Emet: That’s right Tom, the monks were ordered to use monstrous chemical weapons, but have been persuaded by a Corporate Mediator to surrender in exchange for the unique liberty found in Morganica.

*wipe transition*

Ezekiel Świniabojowa: ...they denied us breeding with females, called it virtuous celibacy, which mind you was completely forced and involuntary! All while the higher-ups just fugged Stacies all the time. In Morganica I have all the women I can have, thanks to the welcoming gift of a 1 year long “all you can come” Morgan Sodom Entertainment voucher. ITZ over for my “vows”!

I29rCaJ.png

*snorts Dust Deluxe*

*woman giggling*

Ezekiel Świniabojowa: Ah, that’s the stuff! Speaking of nuts, I have some congress of the flesh to partake in. Hear that Miriam Godwinson, I’m gonna fugg tonight, AGAIN! YEAH!

*wipe transition back to studio*

Theresa Emet: With yet another cowardly attack by Churchnuts foiled, Morgan Corporate Premises Protection President General Dixon has reassured citizens, customers and staff that the situation is under control. He also once again categorically denied certain conspiracy theories of Believing doomsday weapons or plans whispered by seditious elements at the watercoolers and in the break rooms when drinking Canyon Falls Coffee.

Tom Uncle: Just as our duty as a news service is to report the news, remember it is your duty to report possible sabotage or infiltration. Blow the whistle on your managers if you doubt their commitment to our corporate values. Successful whistleblowing confers major cash and non-cash benefits such as a lifetime loyalty stipend, free Da Vinci Institute augmentation surgery or Morgan Everlast treatments.

General Lee Motors presentation at “Agiatezza Automobilii 2203”, 19th of October, Q4 Fiscal Year 2103

y5gIZY5.png

Bobby-Ray Johnson: While it is a great pleasure to be here again, at the best darn car show on Planet, I hear what people are sayin’. They keep talkin’ of Johnson the has-been, General Lee Motors who only still lives due to contracts with the suits from the Holding for supplying Jacksonvilles and Indianapolii to the MCSME. Riding the coattails of past successes and getting Everlast cell-lifting or shiny cybernetics instead of making good proper cars, nobody drives around in Morganican cars anymore when Hive rovers are all the rage on the market!

*crowd jeering*

Bobby-Ray Johnson: Now now, I know you buckaroos are loyal customers, but that is the truth. No sense denyin’ it. That’s why this year we got somethin’ special for you hombres. And I mean truly special.

*excited crowd noises*

*car rolls through curtains and down the ramp*

*sounds of crowd amazement and cheering*

Bobby-Ray Johnson: This baby here is the Hunstville Nomad. A mosheen unlike any other and I know I said the same about the Charleston back in the day.

*crowd laughs*

Bobby-Ray Johnson: Now this baby does not only look sleek, no sir. Now, I heard a story. You guys know why Miriam Godwinson makes no public appearances?

Random person form the crowd: Cause she’s actually half-dead in a coma?

Bobby-Ray Johnson: Partner, forget about that warhammer 40k nonsense the Churchnuts believe in. It’s cause she got too fat, so fat they are waiting for anti-gravity to come around to move her around, can’t fit her through the door.

*crowd laughs*

Bobby-Ray Johnson: Well, with the 850 horsepower the Hunstville has, we could easily drag her to the gallows when the time comes.

*crowd cheers*

Bobby-Ray Johnson: Now you are asking, how did we fit so much raw power in this mosheen? Well, we have some very special guests to explain this. Our partners in this broad new venture we are takin’ at the General Lee Motors company.

*Man in suit with a half-burned face walks on stage*

Doctor Horace Hawthorne: Salutations people. My name is Doctor Horace Hawthorne. Those of you who might be following “Atomics Economics” might recall my name.

*dead silence*

Doctor Horace Hawthorne: Right, well a year back, almost two years really, me and some students started a company. We had some ideas, we prototyped them, lost my good looks to the rads from one of them prototypes.

*crowd laughs*

Doctor Horace Hawthorne: Well, that’s our traditional Texan school of engineering. What doesn’t kill you makes you smarter. Anyway, we founded Nuketec, kind of toyed around with some stuff for over a year. Then the good people from Morgan Omni-Goliath Venture Capital, including Mr. Geldstein himself, decided to inject some cash and material resources into our little lab. And with all their support we built something that did not explode or leak radiation.

*dead silence*

Doctor Horace Hawthorne: We built the Nuketec Nanostellarator Type One.

*akward silence*

Bobby-Ray Johnson: Yeah, so it’s a nuclear fusion reactor that fits in a car, or indeed in anything else. And I got Horace and his people to help me outfit all the Hunstville model with those. That’s where the power is coming from partners, nuclear fusion, kicking hydrogen fuel and not just it to the highest gear! Let’s watch the video and see how!

*crowd cheers*

U9jEHtB.png

Voice: The Hunstville Nomad kicks things to high gear with the first fusion drive ever mounted in a car by decent people. It sports nuclear technology vastly superior to the imaginary Churchnut fusion reactors and on a full tank has the range worthy of an ancient American Ohio-class nuclear submarine. You get so much mileage out of the Lithium Deuteride fuel that you never have to refuel it again! All thanks to the marriage of the General Lee Motors car engineering legacy with the new nuclear technology breakthroughs by Morgan Nuketec!

Voice: The Nomad is a luxury model boasting a licensed Morgan Spa & Beauty hottub and regenojelly chamber, in case you are out in Spartstralia and there is another Prometheus virus outbreak there!

Voice: While you chauffeur does the driving, you can enjoy other features such as the Da Vinci Canvas(tm) automated augmentation maintenance bed or the Cryolabs Coolmax Champagne and spare organ cooler, in case liver failure gets you in the middle of nowhere away from an organ dealership!

Voice: Maybe you live out on the frontier with feral mindworms and sneaky believers lurking behind every corner? No fear, the Huntsville Nomad continues the tradition of direct safe links to common militia SecNets and is reinforced with Hexbarrier(tm) plating. Lastly, as the best defence is a good offence, it supports all kind of weaponry from the humble Scorcher Lascannon to the Hellraiser Medium Missile Rack.

Voice: This is luxury a real wealthy man of refined taste just has to own. The Huntsville Nomad - ask your local General Lee Motors dealership about a pre-order now!

The turn is 103. The last few years have been quiet ever since I murdered some Churchnuts with my worms. However despite that the situation in non-military matters has not been developing to our advantage. Having claimed a shitload of artifacts using stolen Unity Foils, Usury decided to cash them in for major tech. He got, amongst other things, Fusion Power. He’s a good couple of techs ahead of everybody else.

So he landed a missile nerve gas fusion rover and a regular rover missile artillery just outside of former Gaia’s Landing, now named Morgan Gaian Woodcraft. Killed one pulse garrison sitting in a forest next to the base and severely damaged another with the nerve gas fusion rover. But it seems SMAX wanted Morganican troops to triumph that day...

AcOtz1C.png

...as the useless artillery rover somehow turned out to be the defender instead of the fusion rover. So I killed the artillery rover in a counterattack easily leaving that fusion gas rover all alone and exposed to....

Pd8xY7j.png

...some possibility for corporate mediation. 25 credits?

sSTLciD.png

Cheaper than building one myself! And now, through the magic of reverse engineering, I can build fusion powered units without the hassle of researching 4 or something like that tricknologies! This right here is the art of the deal folks!

Dunno if he landed more troops next to Woodcraft or if that particular skirmish is over, but this one little victory is worth the possible raep that could have already ensued (Usury’s turn is after mine, he didn’t mention any raep after he played his turn but who knows).

Usury has some nasty shit still in his arsenal and a ridiculous tech advantage. Pop-wise I think he’s slightly behind the Hive (due to Kalin’s Basemaxxing) or already just above the Hive, as he seems to be booming again past 7 pop with hab complexes, aided by gratuitous use of nerve stapling. I would say he will break the 1000 years of sanctions barrier but sunspots happened so atrocities are kosher now. I myself have slightly over 70-ish, thanks to the magic of Morganic size 5 base limit and no easy pop booming, making me a butthurt secondary power.

Also he has at least 7 fusion missile choppers, with nerve gas, and at least two aircraft carriers. Not to mention a shitload of submarine probe cruisers which infuriate us to no end. Hideous things overall, I avoid them whenever I can. If I get raped I get raped, although I hope I will at least get to write one tech-dependent update before the raep train murders my pretty tiny bases.

Also a few turns back just after Project Atlantis kicked off and Murmaiders' Fort was aquired, I almost stole two artifacts from Sparta but due to a fuck up on my part lost them a turn later. Originally I planned to take out Sparta Command’s defenders but when I landed troops I noticed some laser rover and former just next to me and south of Sparta Command with 2 artifacts.

gUm9kDo.png

So I killed them dead as this was a better prize than Sparta Command, especially after the Prometheus Virus killed it from 14 to 7 pop. Got kind of crap rolls as the Murmaiders got 40% and 50% damage each despite superior guns and morale. Stole the artifacts.

But then a 4 defense unit could not disembark from my transport on the same turn to protect the two Murmaiders that stole the artefacts.
Loading to a ship outside of a port uses up all moves, not just 1 it seems as I hoped since that would leave me with one more move on my elite Hexbarrier Sappers. My brian failed me there :negative:

So Sparta got them back in a counterattack but just barely (my 50%+whatever inflicted collateral Murmaider killed one scout on defence but died from a pulse garrison with a peashooter, first one died from their missile troops that just finished building there). In the end he cashed in both at the Universal Translator (Progenitor Translator?) and got one tech we (Planetary Defence Initiative) did not have, Tree Farms, which we stole from him anyway, so it ain’t so bad (one free tech better than 0, also saved me the trouble of rushing a network node). Pity about the Murmaiders, but I have more of those.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I am pleased to report that the remnants of University of Planet has been integrated into the Peacekeeping Mission. The University has suffered dearly the depravities of Miriam's onslaught. Recognizing his dire straights, Academician Zakharov has agreed to adhere UN ethical research standards and taken a place among the Mission research team. Sadly, his role will be of a private nature. The Academician has been moved to a secret location to protect him from Miriam's sadistic witch-hunters. We look forward to his contributions to the Mission's scientific efforts nonetheless!

- Commissioner Pravin Lal, UN Mission Command

University has been removed from premises. Merc interved to keep him alive only to savage him later for his own reasons. For a middling power, I've had a decent number of successes. Given the giants in the playground, how much longer will the Peacekeeping Mission last?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Ultimate Wolf Warrior Theme

CKFRL2N.png

The Eternal Sun of Enlightenment, Supreme Leader of the Human Hive, Master of Mind and Matter, Marshal of Hive Security, Father of the Hive Naval Corps, Founder of the Hive Psi Corps, Conceiver of the Mighty Idea of the Hive Space Force, Vanquisher of the Spartan Menace, Embodiment of the Communal Consciousness and Paragon of Unfettered Industry, Defender of Drones, Father of the People and Many-as-One, Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, extended in a global transmission his warm greetings to all who ardently contribute to strengthening the illustrious Path of Unity. Acknowledging millions of enthusiastically cheering Hive-dwellers and inter-factional friends, beloved Father Hope, Who is the True Light of the World, voiced humbly and wholly free from pretentious and superfluous conceit so typical of the enemy his earnest expectation and conviction that the forces of progress shall fulfill the sacred mission and pioneer true high civilization across the Multiverse -- in perpetual triumph!

Our indomitable Master Builder explained in detail the impressive scope and majestic progress of the great construction projects of Sheng-Ji Yangism, beginning with the Grand Plan for the Transformation of Nature which is well under way at record speed, promising swift super-sized mega-forming efforts that will effectively, among many things, link our homeland's western and eastern shores to the northern polar cap, draining and fertilizing the Straits of Zeus and turning the Northern Sea into a massive contained kelp production facility. Towering hydroelectric stations shall soon harness the power of the seas while strategic choke-points will allow access for our invincible Navy while rendering Believing submarines utterly impotent.

3uxkJrC.png

This, of course, is but one aspect of our Glorious Leader's grand vision for Mankind. From the inception of the Unity mission the fundamental core pillar of Sheng-Ji Yangist Thought has been the improvement of our species, both spiritually and physically. It was not for naught our forefathers resolutely exclaimed: "Eugenics cause happiness!" Through pro-active gengineering delinked from crippling morality the brilliant minds at Sheng-Ji Yangist Sci-Tek Complex stand proud before the Chairman delivering to the Unity the blessing of potentially ETERNAL LIFE through the brand new Longevity Vaccine!

The concept of everlasting life - long cherished in the "sacred" writings of frothing fools of faith - has been developed not by some miracle from a ridiculous god-construct but rather by Man's own creative might. While the unenlightened sub-humanoid clings to foolish mysticism, he who is firm in will molds the world to himself. In addition, the majestic accomplishment renders our new generations of Planetborn completely immune to the dreaded Prometheus Virus which so savagely swept the Spartan population. The vaccine is scheduled to be made available for all Unity citizens in good standing, calculated as per productivity quotas and social credit rating. What a wonderful way of advancing the welfare of citizens everywhere!

hn9a8KT.png

Meanwhile, the destruction of Sparta Command and Defiance Freehold has effectively marked the definite end of the brutish Colonel's mad reign on the mainland. All former Spartan territory is now managed by Unity forces for the vast improvement of the New People. As to be expected, ideological remolding is an important task to transform these people into genuine men of a Sheng-Ji Yangist type. The task of revolutionizing and intellectualizing all former members of Spartan society is already under way. What a joy to receive first-hand the loving care of our Great Leader's symbolic embrace.

Santiago remains holed up in Fleet Anchorage, her last remaining stronghold since Believing terrorists bombed the pressure dome in aquatic base Drydock causing its complete submersion. Naturally the ever-invincible Hive Navy rushed to the scene and struggled to save as many Spartans as possible, proving as always that Unity-building humanitarianism supersedes any factional vendettas. Unsurprisingly, Miriam's depraved zealots leapt at the chance to launch submarine sneak attacks, only to suffer crushing defeat in the Sea of Unity. The shameless lying of the enemy knows no bounds, however, as they not only refuse to acknowledge this fact, but even parade fake copies of Hong Da cruisers supposedly "captured" in combat. Enlightened people everywhere know better than to put stock in such utterly incompetent propaganda!

VE7kzzE.png

Much like Deirdre, who huddles in fear just south of Fleet Anchorage, the Colonel openly consorts with the Believing menace and incessantly plots further evil deeds against the Unity. The fact she cooperates with Miriam, the murderer of her own people, is surely testament to the sheer hypocrisy of the soon-to-be-vanquished enemy! Friends of Unity may rest assured - Planetary Justice is not so easily halted. Already our victorious forces from the mainland are liberating the Isle of Deianira to dismantle our bloodthirsty foes for the safety of all. Under the expert leadership of Marshal Yang final victory will be achieved - with credit!

4UEsuZr.png

3CAlzHS.png

Double project rush! Noticed Merc was pursuing the Vaccine as well, maybe he wanted to bait me to rush it, maybe not. Either way I strongly desired it so I disbanded a ton of obsolete Mandarin synth-steel police forces. Since gas choppers are now out and about aboard snazzy carriers of DOOM and are likely to hit any turn now it did not make much sense to keep these chaps around (they would just die and take the bases with them from collateral gas damage) so I'm glad I could get value out of them.

ERlffv0.png

Secret project standing dominated by yours truly. Of course they are all split between two bases - I assume I'm the target and Merc wants to repeat the attack of Hattusas so to speak. Or maybe he's just sailing them around the Freshwater Lake and enjoys watching us sweat. Well, would be nice, but I doubt it! Made an effort to fortify my main bases as best as I could. Perhaps I will lose everything, perhaps not. Turn will tell!

Pop-wise Believers have boomed past 200, they retain tech advantage and are pursuing hover tanks and new snazzy guns. On the plus side I got fusion units as well now thanks to speedy delivery of a snazzed-up gas rover across the border, mercifully scrubbed clean of disgusting religious markings.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Theme from "The Beast of Spartstralia" Holomovie, Morgan Mediatainment

Self-Defence Monthly 17th of December, Q4 Fiscal Year 2206

0R3J8u6.png

Interview with Chadwick “The Beast” Lincoln - the Murmaider that evaded Spartans for 3 years and got back to Murmaiders’ Fort using just his own hands and wits!

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Mr. Lincoln, it is a great pleasure to be able to talk with you.

The Beast: Just call me Chad. Formalities are for peacekeepers and hivers, this is Morganica.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Indeed it is Chad. So, Spartstralia, we’ve heard a lot about it and your exploits there. There is the movie.

The Beast: That guy looks nothing like me, he’s just a pansy pretty boy to get ticket sales from some spoiled teen girls. One day in the Spartstralian wilds and he would drown in his own shit, from all the pants-shitting.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Aren’t you in an agreement with Morgan Mediatainment to promote the movie?

The Beast: Nobody specified how I am supposed to do it. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Also...

*licks PowerKnife*

*spits blood*

The Beast: ...they can try to give me less money.

*PowerKnife edge glistens*

The Beast: I would enjoy every moment of the consequences.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: So Spartstralia, what is your side of the story. Give us the truefacts.

The Beast: The guards were a joke, equipped with junk straight from a war museum. We’ve secured the perimeter and the goods.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: You mean the progenitech?

The Beast: Yeah, the alien trinkets. Brass wanted them in one piece. We’ve dug in and waited for extraction.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: You were supposed to get support before the artifacts were supposed to be extracted?

The Beast: Yes, and some pencil-fucker in the port fucked up so we were left alone for a year.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: What happened next.

The Beast: Two months of constant fire. The beginning was the worst, they fragged the other unit with their missiles. We ourselves were too dug in, but some still died. They seem to have ran out of rockets at some point two months in, so they made two attempts to storm our compound in the following 5 months.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: How did that look like.

The Beast: First one was about 3 months since we made camp, seems they sent some conscripts fresh off the bus. Kids that probably had hairless balls and still drank milk. I said "probably" because they walked into our minefield, booby traps and crossfire kill zones, so therewasn’t much of them left to check they were.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: The next?

The Beast: 6 months later, this time the Spartans were better prepared and we were running out of supplies. They charged in some plasmasteel suits, shrugged off most of the ordnance and even the mines. We were out of ammo for the big guns, as no shipment of Hellraiser missiles arrived in months. Couldn’t frag them, had to use sidearms and PowerKnives. That melee, it was intense. It was like pounding a broad while riding a bull that is surfing. Nothing quite like it, made you feel alive.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: A pure primal pleasure?

The Beast: In a way, it was kill or be killed after all. The body, it just makes you experience the thrill.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: So how did you kill instead of ending up dead?

YOUR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE AFTER THIS MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSORS

This advertisement will stop when it finishes, your content will continue after you pass the confirmation test validating that you have watched it diligently.

*fancy party in a luxurious ballroom*

Prestigious Gentleman: Ah, good to see you herr doctor!

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: Of course, I could not miss zee party. I am quite fond of all kinds of parties, if you know vat I mean.

*canned laughter*

*waiter approaches*

Waiter: Any drinks, sirs?

Prestigious Gentleman: I would like some juice.

*waiter hands juice*

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: For me wasser, bitte.

Waiter: Of course, still or sparkling?

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: Mit gas, naturlich!

*canned laughter*

*waiter hands water*

*gentleman drops glass of juice and stains his shirt and suit*

Prestigious Gentleman: Oh no! My suit is ruined at such a prestigious event, what an embarrassment.

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: Keine angst meine freunde! I have a solution, a chemical solution.

*canned laughter*

*Doctor Merkwürdigliebe pulls out blue and white spray bottle from his pocket*

Prestigious Gentleman: What is that herr doctor?

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: It is my family’s ancient secret, a traditional recipe handed by generation und generation all the way until planetfall und beyond. It was developed in 1938 for the biggest chemical company of Germany as the final solution to life’s many problems such as stains, odors, cockroaches und the Französisch.

*canned laughter*

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: It is Ausrotten, it will remove the juice.

*canned laughter*

*sprays Ausrotten on gentleman’s clothes*

Prestigious Gentleman: Wow! The juice just disappeared.

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: Yes, and it is never coming back.

*Doctor Merkwürdigliebe grins*

*canned laughter*

Waiter: Sir, you look a bit pale...

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: Do not worry, he is becoming whiter. Ausrotten ist also a bleach, but not just that, it can also be used instead of a shower to cleanse oneself of odor and other impurities.

*canned laughter*

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: Ausrotten takes care of the worst pests, troubles and other problems of life with pure deutsche chemie! Mindworms or believing terrorists? Spray them just a bit and watch them squirm, shrivel and die in mere seconds.

Waiter: Won’t that also hurt other people?

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: Deidrist nonsense, pure blood Morganicans are immune to Ausrotten, it only works on lesser peoples, pests und juice. Furthermore BlauChem is dedicated to preserve the wonderful GMO monocultures of ITZWOOD or Canyon Falls Coffee beans, so it roots out non-GMO flora as well, so that it does not taint the purity of our superior agricultural endeavors. Only the master race of crops shall grow and prosper.

*canned laughter*

Prestigious Gentleman: Need to tell this to my parents back at the family ranch. Herr doctor, you are a true genius.

Doctor Merkwürdigliebe: No, I merely dedicated myself to make life practical with practical chemistry, and also dedicated myself to the pursuit of purity.

Y4NBX5l.png

What can be purified with Ausrotten?

a) Stained clothing.

b) Farms.

c) Juice.

d) Churchnut infiltration.

CORRECT ANSWERS

YOUR CONTENT WILL NOW CONTINUE

The Beast: I hid beneath the corpses we used as an emergency food stockpile. Ambushed them and managed to breakthrough deep into the woods. They lost my trail.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: And then? Three years in the forest?

More or less. Ambushed random patrols, managed to infiltrate a checkpoint in some stolen Spartan exosuit, mine broke down anyway. Hunted mindworms for proteins to keep the muscle mass.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: For muscle mass I hear Presposterone works wonders.

The Beast: Yeah presposterone is.. uh...

*The Beast looks at small card in pocket*

The Beast: ..the ultimate serum for achieving maximum alphaness. Get buff with presposterone... uh... that’s what I do... yeah.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: So three years eating worms and raiding the countryside?

The Beast: Yes, I got bored eventually as there was no booze to loot from the Spartants and noticed that Sparta Command got torched. Which meant the odds of more booze were very low. Also I missed my guns. My PowerKnife is a lovely tool of killing, but after a while even pounding the most tight of cunts bores you. Same applies to slitting throats or gouging out eyeballs with a knife, turns out you need three years for that to happen. Then you just want to go and beat up some gangbangers in Wakanda or fuck some whores at the first Sodom found.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: We have some questions from our forums. Our readers would want you to answer them.

The Beast: Yeah, whatever. Shoot.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Andhaira asks, if you could travel back in time, where would you go and what would you do.

The Beast: America, 1993 and join the WWE as a pro-wrestler, only to get kicked out after snapping my opponent’s neck.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Nice. Next one is from ColtTerminator69. Any future career plans?

The Beast: Depends what the suits come up with. Atlantis was supposed to be bigger and come later, it ended up down scaled and rushed. Churchnut aggression and all the usual bitching. Also Yang decided he wants a piece of the pie, so the hivers got most of the action. A pity we could not take Sparta Command, but they got plagued anyway.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Ok. So this... gal? Guy?

The Beast: Looks like a dude, bro.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Yeah, so this Scottish Martial Arts user, asks what is the best weapon you ever used?

The Beast: Impaler, hands down. That thing makes you respect its firepower, especially when you feel the recoil after a shot from close range, and notice what it did to your foe, or the six layers of walls behind it. Its thunder that was bottled up in a gun and made our bitch.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Seems we have a troll here, probably using one those backdoors still floating around from the first sacking of Psychotronics, LordOfLight here asks how will you repent when divine hand of judgement projected by the Lord’s servants will reach you.

The Beast: Easy, I will skullfuck the servants with my PowerKnife. Maybe make kebabs out of them if they are not one of those ascetic all skin and bones monks. Hate those, chipped off a tooth on one of those back during the first incursions.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Last question, this time from me. What is your biggest dream.

The Beast: To make Miriam Godwinson watch as New Jerusalem burns, while I slowly gut her like a fish.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: Thank you for the interview and I hope your wishes come true!

Quite quiet so far, but Merc claims in the shoutbox ITZ coming, and I doubt this is one of those famous harmless Brazilian idioms like “SOON”. Question is who will get hit, where and how bad it will be.

Also supposedly lost my sneaky foreign sales representative (probe foil), but I kind of expected that.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
“Fueled by hate,
Await your fate,
Your time has come,
To DIE on stage.”

“Hatredy” by Demonica from their album “Papa Nergal’s Chemical Cocktail”, Morgan Meltdown Records Archives.

Morgan News Network, 6th of June, Q2 Fiscal Year 2212

Theresa Emet: Today we remember the great tragedy from 5 years ago, when during Demonica’s concert at EDGEFEST 2208 the last and most violent of thirteen assassination attempts on the band, which was attempted by Believing terrorists calling themselves the “Holy and divine inquisition of the Lord God and his son Jesus Christ” lead by notorious terrorist Inquisitor Ravenwood.

Theresa Emet: EDGEFEST 2208 took place in the Meltdown Gulf on a floating stage, a first on Planet and in the history of open air music festivals. The atendees could experience the event floating upon artificial icebergs with special “hell’s razor” tickets or using the budget option of renting Morgan Horizons life jackets, submerging themselves neck-deep into the cold waters of the Meltdown Gulf. Thus the organizers hoped to create the most brutal and extreme marine concert experience, with a stage floating on water surrounded by artificial icebergs and glaciers, but also some real ones imported from the Human Hive.

yDhbngz.png

Tom Uncle: Little did the attendees and fans of the various bands know that they would experience unprecedented brutality from the churchnut terrorists. A squadron of so called “Angelic Avengers”...

Tom Uncle: ...why did they even call them that? Nobody did anything to them worth avenging, they are the ones attacking everyone.

Theresa Emet: Of course Tom, the believing hostilities are 100% unprovoked and criminal, the UN Planetary Governor Pravin Lal repeatedly confirming that.

Theresa Emet: The helicopter gunships have attacked the stage. The deathtoll was in the twenty thousand range as people thought the Meltdown Records Militia’s air raid sirens were part of the performance, believing also the same about the approaching aircraft, the explosions, clouds of nerve gas and people dying bloody painful deaths.

giphy.gif

Just mentally replace jets with choppers ok?

Tom Uncle: Brutal.

Theresa Emet: Brutal indeed Tom. Even worse it seems people were attacked and killed by covert assassins that blended with the crowd, as captured on amateur licensed “bootleg” footage.

giphy.gif

Churchnut assassins can lurk ANYWHERE!

Theresa Emet: But this attack was just part of a greater campaign of terror that has so far not been continued in Morganica. While not as devastating as the genocide and war crimes committed against the peaceful UN Peacekeepers, the squadron that attacked Meltdown Records was not alone.

Theresa Emet: A believing helicopter carrier known under the PDI codename “Leviathan” carried three other squadrons that engaged in various acts of terror. It was discovered anchored in the bay west of Morgan H2GO just before the attack. Two squadrons, including the one that attacked EDGEFEST 2208, were sent over Horizons bay before splitting up. The other squadron went north to attack three defenceless Horizons Marine Engineer vessels, afterwards overloading its reactor just south of Morgan Monsanto Fishing causing minor damage to units stationed near the base but no damage to the base or its population itself.

2tZfbNt.png

Morgan industries is north of Meltdown Records, off map. Also not visible due to being off map are Murmaiders' Fort (Spartstralia east of BlauChem), Canyon Falls Coffee (west of Glowmite), Gaian Woodcraft (west of Canyon Falls) and Happy Worm Ranch (got its own base recently up north off Horizons Bay).

Tom Uncle: The squadron that attacked Morgan Meltdown Records is also believed to have detonated its supposed fusion reactor after performing its deadly attack.

Tom Uncle: Other attacks launched from the “Leviathan” include an abduction of the Psychotronics Militia forward scouts west of Morgan Psychotronics and an air raid on another scout militia just south of Glowmite Office Towers.

IN OTHER NEWS...

...the introduction of new and improved Super ITZWOODZ 2200 GMO trees brings prosperity and improved diets in multiple bases.

...CEO Morgan is once again being asked about the details behind the rebellion in Murmaiders’ Fort. The CEO refused to comment on how the situation will be dealt with, but he reassured the public that the rebels have seized the base only due to the negligence of Senior Administrator Prateek, who was busy indulging himself at the local Sodom Entertainment establishment as the rebels began their riots.

... the Morgan Aerial Churchnut Elimination System or MACES has been demonstrated to have 99,9% effectiveness against hostile aircraft.

...the Morgan Heliworks prototype called Heliworks 1, demonstrated long range aerial drone technology which is expected to lead to commercially viable aircraft in the coming years.

...Morgan Industries sees resurgence of investment as a new Hab Complex raised its consumer base size potential to new levels.

Got back from family gathering to play TURN on Christmas day, this happens:

bCjlya0.png

:rage:

That base rioted for two turns in a row, only because the pop I switched to doctor last turn was the one that the game killed off because of hunger (I guess, or the game rolls for this event before it checks if talents are greater or equal drones). The hunger itself was Kalin’s fault since he settled a base nearby that stole 3 tiles from mah borders, some of which I was working for food. That base was about to finish building a sea former which would have solved the hunger issue in a few turns. Next time I need to add moar doctors/empaths if base is at risk of losing pop due to starvation.

Most unfortunate as this was actually my biggest base (hab domes got delayed due to Churchnuts, also first one was supposed to be built in Psychotronics, just as it got raped the first time), was making decent tech and credits from the specialists, my other bases are too small for them. Now my population dropped from 70-ish to 50-ish because of it. Meanwhile Believers have something north of 255 pop, Hive I think has less for now but still a lot.

Attack on me with gas choppers wasn't that bad, Meltdown Records grew back to 2 pop the turn after the attack.

Not much else happening, just Kalin raging at Absinthe in the turn tracking conversation due to lack of TURN for two days. Usury getting projects we can't even contest due to not having the tech, Morgan Psychotronics seems to be doing ok (after I rebuilt it recently) and Gaians still existing.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
“He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth,

His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak,

He's got explosives...

CHECK

Corrosives...

CHECK

A master at the art of murder, mermaids weep the blackened tears!”

“Murmaiders II: The Water God” by Impeach God from their “Water God” album, Morgan Meltdown Records Archives.

Morgan News Network Feed, 17th of October, Q4 Fiscal Year 2214

Theresa Emet: Planetary Defence Initiative forces have successfully pacified the treacherous and foolish rebels along with their so called “tribunes” at Murmaiders’ Fort. The Morgan Industries Holding corporate logo and other brand symbols fly once again above the city, bringing order and prosperity to the people who had to endure unimaginable Spartan poverty. We’re joining now live with my colleague Tom Uncle who has been allow to accompany the Project Water God task force aboard the MSV Emerald.

Tom Uncle: Good evening Theresa and dear viewers. As you can see behind me the sea is quite calm and the Murmaiders’ Fort waterfront is also, but mere hours ago intensive fighting has still been going on across multiple city sectors.

Tom Uncle: With Chairman Yang’s magnanimous support, the rebel troops using seized Morganican equipment have been mostly obliterated, in a shock and awe strike worthy of a place in future military textbooks. Following the Hive assault the MSV Emerald has engaged the commandeered Amethyst Class Foil “Benitoite” which has been preposterously renamed by the rebels to SNV “Mussolini”.

Theresa Emet: Well, Tom, it is very clear from this and other facts that the Spartans are obsessed with a hideous ideology.

Tom Uncle: Indeed, Theresa, they just like the believers they are following the footsteps of the worst tyrants in human history, straight from the darkest depths of the XXth century.

1HJQpAO.png

Tom Uncle: With resistance easily crushed, Murmaider PMC forces lead by Colonel Chadwick Lincoln a.k.a. “The Beast” have reestablished law and order in Murmaiders’ Fort. I have managed to get a hold of him and ask him the important questions, such as how future rebellions will be prevented.

*flashy transition*

Colonel Chadwick “The Beast” Lincoln: While most of these details are of course classified due to their strategic uh... nature I can confirm two countermeasures to future rebellion. First, we hanged Administrator Prateek, as he was guilty of what the suits and the Morgan Justice Inc. court call “strategic negligence in the management of corporate assets” thus failing to fulfil his... uh... “fidutrery..." uh... "fiduciary duty obligations”, due to becoming an unreliable degenerate junkie. Also our troops and the Hive troops rounded up a couple thousand collaborators and shot them in the back of the head on the streets.

Tom Uncle: Sounds fantastic colonel, I hope we will hear more in the future of the prosperity and investment this military operation will bring back to Spartstralia.

xBAieGT.png

Deja vu, good thing Murmaider has a sequel song, was saving it for some glorious battle in the future but I guess this one makes more sense to use it :lol:

Wasn’t too hard to take it back, good thing we were able to do it now as Absinthe rushed a perimeter defense there which would finish on his next turn. Pity we had to kill all the troops left there and lost all the facilities in the process. Lots of shit I built there was lost, but I am still making extra money on it so it ain’t all that bad.

There’s some other interesting stuff happening but I will let the people responsible for it to mention it in an update. Especially Usury who seems to have killed something on his turn.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Namba Wan

UwlwhVq.png

ATTENTION CITIZENS!
Stand by for NEWS of the HIGHEST IMPORTANCE! Supreme Marshal Sheng Ji-Yang has revealed new high-tech means by which our glorious and already invincible armed forces shall become doubly indomitable and achieve total triumphant victory over the absolutely intolerable Gang of Three! For decades these war-mongering terrorists have menaced the innocent, launched chemical warfare and pushed putrid religious rot-thinking that eats out the heart of the common worker! To the unenlightened their power might seem insurmountable, yet as our ancient forefathers astutely surmised: "It is the strong swimmer who most often drowns!" United by our Everlasting Father Sheng-Ji Yang we shall resolutely cast the tripartite monstrosity into the oppressive depths of forgotten history!

Chief among the tools of our collective arsenal stands Fabricator-General Yang's personal gift to industry: the genetically engineered worker, specially designed for extreme labour and warfare. Strong, durable and thoroughly atrophied to desire nothing except to perform its duties, this very apex of Retroviral Engineering - colloquially termed the "Genejack" - has already been deployed in Black Mountain Mines in massive numbers boosting its productive output beyond all previous expectations. Chairman Yang, the Mighty Man Who has taken the Authority upon His Shoulders, is not only the foremost scientific mind on Planet but also the first Creator of entirely new species, beautifully subservient and dedicated wholly to serving the interests of Unity. The mineral advantage of the bloated Believing mega-bases is now being bridged at lightning-speed by expedient assembly of Genejack factories and dedicated faction-wide borehole drilling!

Throbbing vitality stirs the imagination and in this spectacular climate of rapid advancement carefully cultivated by Father Hope the newly formed Hive Aeronautics Corps announce their greatest pride and strength: the ORCA Assault Craft, specifically designed by the brightest minds of the Unity to utterly ravage and despoil the Believing "Avenging Angels" and grant our Prince of Peace total and indisputable power of the air over Chiron! The standard variety employs a set of twin articulated fusion jet engines as propulsion in place of the classic rotary wing bestowing incredible maneuverability. In addition the revolutionary aircraft is armed with two weapons - a six barreled, forward mounted auto-targeting gatling gun and a pair of Dragon TOW missile launchers on its sides, each containing nine chemical rockets for unrivaled cleansing capability.

U5z1F4I.png

Chief Engineer Huifang Li, mother of three and counting, was awarded the prestigious Order of Sheng-Ji Yang for her dedicated work on this most precious pearl of proactive peacemaking. In addition, she received a spectacular hand-crafted diploma with authentic holo-bust of our Great Leader that reads out Public Service Announcements in real-time just like our Supreme Marshal would, as well as a significantly lesser yet still enviable gift of perpetual Longevity Vaccine treatment in recognition for her distinguished service. What an inspiration to all young hard-working women of the Unity!

Finally, recent acquisition of allied technology, specifically advanced Morganic anti-aircraft and advanced radar blueprints, has all but rendered Hive Security untouchable and invulnerable to any kind of Believing assault. It is surely testament to the great foresight of our Supreme Strategist that such advances come into play just as our ever-expanding homeland has effectively been linked with both of the Peacekeeping and Morganic landmasses creating one united mega-continent. With the threat of Believing sneak attacks being utterly neutralized, our Outstanding Leader Who Performed Immortal Feats now orders the implementation of "The Great Leap Outwards" to utterly devastate our foes and make Chiron perpetually safe for Unity!

Hellraiser

Arcane
pIMybgR.png

“Vigilance Con 2216 at Morgan Justice Inc.”, live stream from Morgan Heliworks presentation, 19th July, Q3 Fiscal Year 2216

Morgan Heliworks President Wolfgang Luft: The sky, a realm of absolute freedom from which man was struck down, unable to return for well over a century, until now.

Morgan Heliworks President Wolfgang Luft: Morgan Heliworks is proud to announce that the sky is no longer the limit, it is the destination thanks to recent advancements in aeronautics. It is the destination for any self-respecting militiaperson, vigilante, bounty hunter and self-defense enthusiast. And how to reach this destination? Well...

*stage goes dark*

*Morgan Heliworks advertising jingle starts playing*

*video starts playing*

giphy.gif

Wear a big black helmet and become captain evil stomper thanks to its...

giphy.gif

...and its...

giphy.gif

...machine guns shooting spite! Also comes guided missiles when you need to send an even larger payload of spite to some rat-bastard encroaching on your property!

3wjulCD.png

Make lots of money with all the bounties found! Get to wear big black helmet! Fly a gigantic monster! Become captain evil stomper! Pilot the H8 R.E.D. 'copter!

The Morgan Heliworks 8 Rapid Enemy Destroyer helicopter takes no prisoners, especially those of the Believing persuasion. Get one for yourself today, the competition seeking to claim bounties posted on Morgan Moneyshot(tm) is fierce, so you need to get a competitive edge.... of a helicopter rotor blade shoved into their face!

Morgan Heliworks also offers discounts for bulk purchases and for militias associated with the MCSME. Financing options are also available for individual buyers at your local Morgan Omni-Goliath bank branch at attractive double digit interest rates!

Hatredcopter hatredcopter hatredcopter hatredcopter! Nothing quite Morganican like being able to buy a helicopter gunship for some bounty hunting or vigilantism. Dethklok discography is a goldmine, and originally I just wanted to use the taxes song (Dethharmonic) for some libertarian lulz, but then somehow I revisited all the other ridiculous and hilarious ones that just happened to fit well with Morganican values. This one inspiration I meant to use for a very long time though.

A bit late to the party with helicopters but way better than the 15-20 turns it would take to research it myself. Good thing we arranged for the transfer of mechanical resonance during sunspots so Kalin could obtain Colonial Aviation. Originally thought it might have not lasted long enough to see the day when these babies will start flying, but Morganican ITZ has been postponed long enough for this to happen.

At the present the Hive is quite close to matching Believer population. The Believers still have an obnoxious tech advantage but the Hive has, well, some major incline that's shifting the balance of power in our favour. Kalin is probably gonna do some more updatan soon given the recent happenings.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The Ritual

E32NyMT.png

"Reporting, Chairman!" the Sci-Tek functionaries exclaimed as they prostrated themselves in unison. The ancient expression of complete and utter submission had been implemented in the Cultural Refinement Campaign of Year Hundred and was now considered one of the very highest honours - to lay before the Dragon Throne, and to occupy - in actual person - the attention of Father Hope in His Illustrious Glory.

"Rise", Yang said softly to the central figure.

"Thank you Chairman!" Shimoda replied energetically. Following Zakharov's "retirement" the good doctor was likely the oldest living human on Chiron, and in light of Vice-Marshal Kim's recent execution for his failure to exterminate Sparta, the sole functionary to have retained his position throughout every factional purge - not due to loyalty as much as sheer eccentric usefulness. Yang observed quietly as the older man controlled his pain and managed to stand with perfect composure. A true embodiment, he mused, of the ancient saying: A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be a scholar.

"So tell me then, doctor, what did you find?"

"A most splendid breakthrough, Chairman!" Shimoda began, his wizened face radiant with excitement. "Our xeno-archaeologists have successfully deciphered the data-node excavated near the temple structure-"

"Temple?" Yang interjected dryly.

"Ah... Most thoughtless. It is the name the exploration team commander-"

Yang waved his hand dismissively. "The data?"

"Specifications on the xenofungal mentation process. Spectacularly detailed information left intact for us to procure right under the nose of the Believers! After re-examining the fungal wave dynamic we have not simply identified key triggers of the main feedback loop - our telepathi have learnt to replicate them and their responses." Shimoda paused, grinning triumphantly. "To put it bluntly: we have the Planetmind's communications protocols!"

"A weakness to exploit" Yang said, his interest rising. "Continue."

"Regrettably we cannot commandeer its symbionts, but we can intercept and terminate their summoning processes! Fungal bloom mechanics can similarly be empathically triggered and directed. Xeno-empaths could pave the way for Hive Security to travel the fungal mats, striking deep into hostile territory, or indeed, retreating back into safety and having the fungal masses close behind them. It is even conceivable we may empathically command the synthesizing of fungal mass into nutrition, fuel and compounds for field-repairs!"

"In theory", Yang remarked.

"In theory! I will need funding to implement it on a faction-wide basis. Test subjects with psychic potential, an entire institution of empaths cultivated solely for this project. Our own Empath Guild, really, though of a vastly different orientation. Hundreds of thousands of staff..."

"Approved." Yang concluded. As he dismissed the gathering, he briefly affirmed the correctness of postponing Shimoda's termination and begun contemplating the vast strategic possibilities that lay ahead.

a8xxnhj.png

Grabbed an artifact from a Unity pod next to the Ruins landmark on Merc's continent, hauled it back to base and got "Centauri Meditation" tech. Rushing this project was a no-brainer. Until now I've mostly been on the receiving end of it so it will be fun to experiment with it. Goes spectacularly well together with the Maritime Control Center which I also possess.

Oh yes: Hilariously, I accidentally drilled a borehole too close to my dedicated Mind Worm farm (been killing worms there since I took the clay from Gaia). Borehole raised temperature and dried up the fungal river, effectively putting a dozen or so pesticide rovers out of business. Now it doesn't matter because the chance to trigger worms in fungus is dramatically decreased by the project; one negative to a ton of positives.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
lol

pH47H4w.png

Love science! Study science! Use science! The enlightened wisdom of Sheng-Ji Yangist Thought has reverberated through every level of our Utopia as our Brilliant and Unique Leader has strenuously developed the Human Hive into the organizer and guide of all right-minded people to VICTORY! In terraforming, industry and military the Human Hive is unquestionably unrivaled - all thanks to Supreme Marshal Yang's loving care in passing on brilliant single-minded Unity as a precious heritage. His exploits are legendary; they will shine forever!

JMagVJD.png

While the enemy cowers in fear, counts its cyber-shekels and attempts to pray new weapons of war into existence inside their primitive fusion temples, triumphant and reality-based HIVE science has enabled our complete dominion over SPACE! Following our successful launch of mankind's first orbital satellite platform, Tiangong-5, we have effectively mapped every minute detail of Chiron - not least the enemy territory which is already being scrutinized for weaknesses to be exploited in our imminent righteous invasion of ultimate cleansing!

With the development of new splendorous technology the forces of the global market have come into full play under the focal term "wealth" enabling unprecedented productivity of our Unity-directed industry! Although the average Hive citizen cannot expect to receive dividends from the mighty reform given increased military commitment against the Believing belligerents, this very real upswing in the Hive economy will help tremendously to utterly demolish the depraved and deranged enemy. Miriam's tithe-based extortionist pyramid scheme might generate more raw credits on the face of it, but they are using them wrong, experts declared!

3Hq9xdK.png

As a prelude to the glorious destruction of Miriam's monstrosity, Marshal Yang has personally taken command of the war against the two smaller evils of the tripartite pact of pestilential thought, unleashing the full might of the Hive Naval Corps amplified by Morganic fleet support to utterly devastate the Spartan enclave! As long as the group of pro-Believing traitors is allowed to go roughshod in Fleet Anchorage, the people cannot be free from domination, humiliation and ignominious disgrace under the jackbooted Colonel.

Simultaneously, Father Hope directed fungal commando Wolf Warriors to cut out and extinguish the festering Gaian cancer! The spectacular offensive has eliminated throngs of Believing reinforcements and slaughtered heaps upon heaps of arrogant enemies of Peace with utmost credit! The fate of Arbor Village and Fleet Anchorage are both sealed!

Victory is at hand!

1GexjdO.png

HUMAN HIVE IS NUMBER ONE!

Hellraiser

Arcane
“What greater wealth is there than to own your life and to spend it on growing? Every living thing must grow. It can't stand still. It must grow or perish.”

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, Morganlinks Cultural Archives

Morgan News Network feed, 19th of August, Q3 Fiscal Year 2221

Breaking news! Just after this break....

Morgan Happy Worm Ranch advertising jingle

Mr. Happy Worm:
Hey kids, do you know what's cuddly and floats?

Kids:
Nuh-uh Mr. Happy Worm!

Mr. Happy Worm:
It’s your new bathtime and seaside vacation companion! It’s....

BB4gwfw.png

Mr. Happy Worm:
...the Fluffy Isle!

Kids: Wow, so cool. It looks so friendly.

Mr. Happy Worm:
That’s right kids! And best of all, the Fluffy Isle floats, and you can float on it like on a floating mattress!

Kids:
So tubular!

Mr. Happy Worm:
Tubular indeed! Fluffy Isles like hugging and bathtime fun! You can keep a small isle in your bathtub or swimming pool! It has been genetically engineered to not just make bubbles and foam wherever it floats, but also to clean water! It makes those bubbles from the waste, such as dirt, drowned vermin, or urine, that it finds in your swimming pools!

Kids:
So super practical!

Mr. Happy Worm:
Super practical indeed kids! And it will take you on fun-tastic ocean adventures!

Kid 1: I want one!

Kid 2:
Me too!

Mr. Happy Worm:
Well then, just tell your parents to drop by the Morgan Happy Worm Ranch Pet Stores found in hab complexes around Morganica and pick up your cuddly fluffy isle today!

Kids:
Awesome!

*Morgan News Network theme plays*

Theresa Emet: Good evening viewers, we’re now live in Morgan Power Systems for an exclusive look at “Colonel” Corazon Santiago, despot second only to Miriam Godwinson.

*screams of agony*

tHGEfJR.png

Theresa Emet: As you can see and hear behind me Mrs. Santiago is now safely detained in this punishment sphere custom-built by Morgan Justice Inc. to house the worst criminals mankind has seen on Chiron. Broought in first to Morganica aboard the MSV Emerald that assaulted the final Spartan stronghold, after a brave and triumphant Hive assault with lend-lease Emerald class cruisers gifted to the Hive to aid the War in the Shallows.

Theresa Emet: It is everyone’s hope that one day, be it decades away, Miriam Godwinson, the worst criminal in human history, will occupy a neighboring punishment sphere. Maybe not here but possibly at the Human Hive where Deidre Skye is being held for her obstructionism of progress and Planetary Unity.

IN OTHER NEWS

...record unemployment amongst research and development specialist no cause for concern says CEO Morgan. “Our free market will fix it itself!” he said during the latest press conference.

...the Morgan Industries borehole boosts industrial output to new levels.

...H8 R.E.D. copters sink enemy missile cruiser sending a clear message that Churchnut incursions are not ok!

...project Atlas begins to enlarge consumer base as profits soar due to recent IPO and following shareholder democracy.

...Chemistry Industry expected to grow in light of recent lifting of restrictions on chemically-augmented munitions.

TURN flow is greatly improved now that Sparta and Gaians are gone. Had a bit of a copter shot down by ship-shooter sunk by next copter-next copter shot down by next ship-shooter sunk by next next copter thing going on.

In other news I have begun the second golden age pop boom, hopefully should have some size 12 (or 13?) base due to it. Oh, and most importantly, just before Gaians and Spartans kicked the bucket (on the same turn no less), Churchnut Prime launched a vote for charter repeal to delay it while it was still 3:3 in the council for PDI vs the Criminal Coalition. Turns out 3 votes were enough to pass it anyway, I guess because Lal is governor and his vote is the tiebreaker. Or SMAX is being a dick with vote logic, who knows. It would delay us by 10 turns with gassing things at worst anyway.

ddWTZEK.png

Also we learned that eliminating a faction after it voted does not change the outcome of the resolution vote. Although it would have effect on governor/planet leader elections as it recalculates votes based on pop at the beginning of every players turn.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Morgan News Network BREAKING NEWS, 24th of February, Q1 Fiscal Year 2223.

HGJwA3k.png

Theresa Emet:
Corporate Premises Protection Aerial Corps Vicepresident General Billy Shephard revealed during a surprise press conference today, that the smoke seen from Morgan Omni-Goliath Bank's waterfront this afternoon was coming from a Believer vessel and none other than the Leviathan aircraft carrier. In the footage he has shown it struck by Hellraiser-3 ground strike missiles from a H8 R.E.D. copter squadron, mentioning that is was dispatched to protect shareholders, corporate assets and company staff in that order. He has also hoped that quote "the churchnuts who will attend whatever state funeral Miriam holds for the captain of that vessel of terror will kill themselves during a stampede, saving us some munitions and trouble in the future" end quote.

Theresa Emet: The VP General also confirmed that according to obtained intelligence a group of covert operatives up to terrorizing no-good was aboard the ship, but its members have mostly drowned or have been gunned down in the water if discovered floating and moving on the surface. The General also denied rumours that the enemy operatives possessed advanced hoverbikes for rapid movement, calling it quote "fanatic propaganda and fairy tales, absolutely false just like the mythical hovertanks" unquote. Shareholders, staff and customers alike have expressed great joy at the news with major exchanges seeing significant index growth following the news, as both the consumer base and company assets seem safer than ever from Believer terrorism, guaranteeing growth of profit and revenue alike in the quarters to come.

Turn 123 and that's one potential problem removed from the corporate premises. Could have sunk it last turn actually if not for [redacted] reasons. Don't know what exactly Usury wanted to do with that probe with gravity struts for bonazs movement, but probably I would not like it if he would manage to do it. I developed a certain aversion to believing probe teams on my turf.

Yes I know the actual name for the ship class Usury gave it is Encircling Angelic Wings but it is a mouthful and I'm aping NATOs development of own codenames for soviet military hardware.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Self-Defence-Monthly.morg, 24th of June, Q2 Fiscal Year 2229

BZsG1zU.png

Vigilance Con 2229 live stream on Self-Defence-Monthly.morg

Self-Defence-Monthly.morg theme

YOUR CONTENT WILL START AFTER THIS MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSORS

*advertisement song*

Delivers goods...

Mr. Crawly!

Never sleeps...

Mr. Crawly!

Doesn’t want to get paid...

Mr. Crawly!

Immune to lunacies such as unions...

Mr. Crawly!

Won’t steal your cargo...

Mr. Crawly!

Doesn’t waste time on bathroom breaks or screwing whores...

Mr. Crawly!

Always sober...

Mr. Crawly!

Voice: The Mr. Crawly is a cargo swarmbot designed by the top minds of Morgan Slavebotics. It doesn’t merely get goods from point A to point B by itself, no. It makes your entire staff of truck drivers OBSOLETE allowing you to finally fire the lot that has been eating into your margins with labor costs since forever. You know it is perfectly capable of creating mass unemployment when our labs and headquarters have already been attacked eleven times by Trucker Union goons armed with rocket launchers!

Voice: Worried that it dehumanizes the logistics process? Worry no more! Mr. Crawly comes with a voice synthesizer and a capable neural network for human-machine interaction to make it feel more like a lovable companion than a cold efficient industrial machine. Just listen to some of the things we recorded it saying during the testing trials at one of our customers.

Mr. Crawly: I like your exosuit, it projects prestige and vulnerability to mindworm secretions.

Mr. Crawly: Would you like to discuss demonology with me?

Mr. Crawly: I have broken my road safety record today John. Ran over only 3 humans today and just one of them was a child! A big improvement!

Mr. Crawly: Hi Bubba the truck driver, how does it feel to be an inefficient meatbag straight on a path to poverty and suicide?

Mr. Crawly: Good morning ma’am, I have delivered your goods in 129871,3 seconds. I hope you enjoy them before my kind replaces you and your civilization.

Mr. Crawly! Available only at Morgan Slavebotics stores!

AND NOW BACK TO YOUR CONTENT

Sahaal Raage Cawil: It has been a great day at Vigilance Con today, lots of big announcements, so here’s a recap of the most important ones. Starting with Morgan Homedefence’s latest product which just got a release date.

*flashy transition to Morgan Homedefence logo*

Voice: Ever have the problem of walking into a gun store, asking about a plasma cannon in the 40 kilowatt range, only to have the store clerk tell you that you can only buy what you see there?

*sounds of crowd agreeing*

Voice: Well, from the 1st of August this will no longer be your problem!

KhpmGJ2.png

Voice: The MH-17 Plasmacaster, based on the finest discoveries of the UN Peacekeeping Armory Engineers, is a true revolution in firepower. And it is not just in the 40 kilowatt range, no, it’s in the 41 kilowatt range, because why stop at 40 kilowatts when you can have more armor melting power in your hands!

Voice: Turn that one ugly motherfucker that crosses your path into a puddle of goo, shoot down enemy aircraft and watch your foes tremble from the shocking power of lightning you can now wield in your hands. You smell that burning fleshy goo? That’s the smell of Liberty!

Voice: The MH-17 Plasmacaster 40 kW heavy plasma cannon, available in proper gun stores 1st of August 2229!

Sahaal Raage Cawil: That one seems great, no gang will try to loiter in your neighborhood when faced with the imminent threat of getting gooified. Gonna get myself and my family 5. One for me and one for the missus and three for the kids of course. Next up the General Lee Motors Company and their new vehicles.

*flashy transition*

*country music plays*

Voice: The open country is vast, but there are parts of it that are difficult to reach limiting your freedom. And who does rough terrain think it is to deny you your liberty to fast movement, a churchnut?

Voice: At General Lee Motors we have partnered with the big brains of U.N. Headquarters labs to come up with a way to defeat the tyranny of rough terrain and ride into the sunsets unmowlested by rocks, fungus or trees. Ride at superior speeds allowing you and your militia to meet threats at unprecedented levels of freedom-protecting rapid response.

moqXOKi.png

Voice: The Gettysburg Hovertank is the next generation of mosheens built for self-defence. It’s fast, it’s furious and it comes with enough room for guns to obliterate a believing battleship in one volley. Mount heavy firepower and show them the new age of cavalry while riding your anti-gravity stallion.

Voice: If instead of a heavy assault vehicle your militia or business requires a more defensive or even civilian utility solution, then we have one just for you. The Gettysburg-derived Nashville hovercraft, trades the power couplings and heavy reactor of the Gettysburg needed for heavy weapons, for heavier plating such as Pulsewall shield generators, an extended cargo compartment or utility equipment mounts.

Voice: Ride into the sunsets partner, no matter the ground beneath your feet.

Sahaal Raage Cawil: While churchnut hoverbikes and hovertanks are definitely a myth this thing is real and I must say it is a game changer. Just think of the high-speed pursuits you can do in one when those damn punks vandalize your neighbourhood!

Thanks to recent advancements made by the Peacekeepers we now have hovertanks and plasma guns (chaos guns in vanilla, 8 attack) bringing the Planetary Defence Initiative to firepower parity with the churchnut menace. Kalin just got us Global Economics which not only boosted our commerce but allowed us to vote-in the global trade pact which we did 2 turns back (IIRC). The energy we get from it is a major boost.

Meanwhile the churchnuts just researched needlejets and are getting tech for Tachyon fields.

Kalin is just slightly ahead in score to Usury, making the Hive and Believers the top dogs. Believers have more tech and more pop, but Miriam losing both of those top spots is only a matter of time now.

Me and Grimgravy (Peacekeepers) are at around half of their score, I am slightly above he is slightly below.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yes!

303gFLz.png

Supreme Marshal Sheng-Ji Yang has once again secured a stunning victory over the Believing menace - not an unexpected feat from the confirmed number one cognitive elite of our species! Following the completion of our great highway running straight from Morganland across the former Straits of Prometheus and through the xenofungal wastelands, our Great Strategist and his most trusted ally CEO Morgan have together gathered the greatest army known to man and stationed it right at the enemy's vault door! Unbeknownst to the rabid religious rabble, however, the true objective was not simply to cause their destruction but to gain full infiltration and liberation of all their covert weapons programs to plasma-steel boot!

vH6pTwN.png

In a most sound move devoid of crippling sentiment Father Hope sent forth hundreds of thousands of Hiveling drones to rapidly toil in enemy territory and link our highway with the Believing transportation network. Before the dumbstruck enemy could react elite Hive operatives descended upon both St. Anathasios and St. Seraphim. Scrambled purity patrols fought fiercely but were no match for the overwhelming might of the Kuei-Jin. In one swift coordinated assault they liberated the Believing files on Fusion Power, High Gravy Aeronautics and the top secret Tachyon Theory, finishing the operation with a heartfelt deployment of a genetic plague bomb as in the previous strike against Eire of the Saints. Our exposed drones and non-extracted operatives assuredly stand proud in face of retaliatory strikes saluting Everlasting Leader for granting them the honour of securing not merely tech parity, but actual tech superiority for the Planetary Defence Initiative!

OJMjBJX.png

Commendable self-sacrifice for the cause of Unity continued unabated as the Hive Naval Corps renewed its devastating carrier-based suicide raids against the Believing mainland. Following last year's destruction of terraforming teams, Believing ships and land-based mining operatives by ORCA Assault Craft, this new attack saw the glorious gassing of the festering abomination Loaves and Fishes - the until now rapidly growing economic and scientific center of the enemy - as well as the sinking of a large part of its sea-based energy harvesters crippling it for years to come. Friends and relatives of victims of Believing brutality assuredly cried with joy as their beloved were beautifully avenged! At least 80,000 zealot sickos died choking and screaming for their impudence of menacing the Unity!

Stand by for more happy HiveTV news!

Sea levels will rise 66.6 meters over the next 20 years! Believing pollution is to blame, experts say.

Prometheus Virus epidemic at Watcher's Eye! Mark of Yang vaccinations prevent spread of the disease.

HiveMind set to render Dervish Defenders practically invulnerable as PSI Amplifier goes online.

ZSMFKSK.png

The bunker south-west of Coil of the Serpent was my last forward position the previous turn. Xenoempathy Dome and land-based hover tank APC transports let me rapidly construct roads to ferry hover tank probe teams to St. Seraphim. St. Athanasios is strongly defended so I tried to bombard it first to soften it up, failed miserably but fortunately there still weren't enough probes to stop me. I don't think Merc realized just how many Kuei-Jin I'd packed into that base. Easy thing to miss, considering:

hBvERLw.png

Pretty crowded in there! And that's before the Morganic reinforcements arrived! Most of my troops are obsolete, but now I have the tech with which to upgrade them to top-tier combinations.

YvZCZlI.png

Here's the strike against Loaves and Fishes! Merc was using it as a super econ/science base, given time it could've even surpassed Black Mountain Mines which is functioning as very much the same (boosted by the right projects though, but restricted to land-based crawling). As for the carriers, I acquired the tech from my last alien artifact a couple of years ago.

Oh yes, as for artifacts: I managed to capture and destroy what was likely the last artifact on Chiron unearthed by Believing mind worms with a lucky hail-Chairman suicide strike from a nearly-out-of-fuel chopper. Would've preferred to ship it home but it was in enemy needlejet range and I just couldn't risk it being re-captured. Blowing it up was the logical thing to do.

All in all, a most excellent turn.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
"Impeach God,
Now,
If we unite,
We'll take them down!"

- Impeach God by Impeach God from their album Impeach God, Morgan Meltdown Records archives.

Morgan News Network feed, 13th of April, Q2 Fiscal Year 2232

Theresa Emet: Thanks to an unprecedented feat of engineering by Hive military engineers, that constructed a highway to the enemy in record time, Murmaider PMC mechanized augmented infantry units could arrive just outside the enemy city also in record time. After that Project Pale Horse could begin its execution.

Tom Uncle: And by execution we mean it literally dear viewers. Enormous enemy forces, believing *chuckles* that they are safe behind their perimeters, with their sensors on the ground and in orbit, have been eliminated through ethical cleansing in line with official UN guidelines approved by Planetary Governor Pravin Lal.

1NBFaGi.png

Theresa Emet: Oh yes, Tom, Murmaider PMCs have obliterated the base with the Ausrotten cleansing agent and later slaughtered anything hostile still left in the rubble. An estimated 22 divisions or squadrons of infantry, aircraft and hovertanks have been wiped out with superior Morganican hybrid plasma and chemical weapons along with all other terrorists present in the base. It is indeed a great day for freedom and liberty.

Theresa Emet: From cyborg stormtroopers and psykers with friendworms to the entrenched sappers, every single Morganican soldier in the area assaulted what was left of the believers in the base ruins, killing a whole army and destroying an unprecedented amount of materiel.

Tom Uncle: Of course this great victory has only been possible thanks to our allies, the Hive with its engineer corps and covert agents that paved the way for our troops to assault the terrorist stronghold. And the UN Peacekeepers with their brilliant researchers and weapons. Together the PDI will crush the Miriamist menace once and for all.

tWadZnH.png

Theresa Emet: The 5th industrial revolution is upon us. While other factions have shown their interest in genejacks, genetically engineered workers, Morganican Corporate Science sees the future in machines. Following the stunning success of the Mr. Crawly, Morgan Slavebotics has ran a successful trial of its Laborbot Factory at Morgan Horizons.

Theresa Emet: Despite naysayers and protesters claiming absurd violations of so called “robot rights” Morgan Horizons has seen an impressive increase in manufacturing efficiency, amazing analysts and investors alike. It has been so amazing in fact that remnant Deidrist terrorists decided to sabotage industry by triggering artificial fungal blooms on pristine ITZWOODZ forests in the area, targeting to reduce industrial output.

Tom Uncle: Well, Theresa, there is just no pleasing some people. Despite the liberated Gaian bases in Morganica are now 100% free of Deidrist influence and integrated into our corporate structure, some smelly hippies are still camping out deep in the fungal fields, harassing friendworm ranchers and campers alike, as they are unwanted in their former strongholds.

In other news...

...global warming of Chiron a hoax says independent report funded by the Morgan Industries Holding Borehole Drilling Division. No correlation was found between boreholes, mass industrial expansion and supposed increase in sea levels. Gretan globalwarmthinkers proven stupid by science once again!

...the Obliterator fusion beam cannon is set to revolutionize weaponry starting from next year. Almost twice as powerful as a Plasma Caster of comparable size, the weapon is expected to, true to its name, Obliterate the Churchnut menace once and for all. Field tests have begun at Morgan Homedefence and if all goes well the MH-21 Obliterator will become a self-defence classic just like the Hellraiser missile launcher or the Impaler magnetokinetic rifle.

...Space is the place. Morgan Heliworks is to reboot its space industry joint-venture with Morgan Horizons, taking a turn back to space years after the cancellation of the Sea Cow Project. Hopefully this time a Sea Cow will fly.

X91zqsS.png

lap2JIB.png

St. Athanasios, a border base on the far eastern edge of believer territory (it and another base are to the right off the top screenshot I took a few turns back as reference), stuffed with nasty hovertanks, choppers, defenders and probe teams just waiting for us to get into their murder range. Entrenched with a sensor, geosynchronous pod, free perimeter (from the secret project) and a horrible name I could never remember or spell right.

Luckily Kalin built us a nice road to it in record time thanks to a ridiculous number of formers (he has something over 90 last I checked, unless my eyes failed me), escorts and fungus movement bonazs that built the landbridge and highway. He also killed all enemy probes and stole tech. He did some shelling and while it might have helped somewhat I think the end result of my attack would be more or less the same without it (maybe would lose one unit extra, two if I got unlucky).

It was now or risk a tachyon field going up so I decided to use my APCs (how did I ever play this game without them) to ship the troops to the enemy doorstep and throw all I could at them.

I had two objectives here, one was to hopefully gas the base to death. The other, if the first one succeeded, was to kill the exposed pile of units left behind when the base went poof along with its collateral damage prevention. I threw almost everything I could as such an opportunity was unlikely to present itself again.

FRwHcT7.png

I even used some of the escorts and had to sacrifice some units. This last guy above did the final attack mopped up the last 4 units with his peashooter. Actually I think this is the biggest stack of units I ever killed in SMAC. I think one attack during this assault caused collateral damage to 14 or 16 units.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
SS1WK7e.png

Project Cassandra Conference Call, 18th of July, Q3 Fiscal Year 2238, zero plus three hours since contact.

Morgan HoloConference "on hold" music

Morgan: How bad is it?

Shepard: A number of space marine companies made orbital insertions at UN danger zones three hours ago, some appear to be accompanied by covert ops teams. The UN and Hive commanders are confident they can contain them given current intel. Meanwhile the closest drop to us has taken place south of the Junction Base, unlikely it will be able to successfully attack it. They are squatting on one of the old Hive bunker complexes.

Morgan: Doesn’t seem bad.

Shepard: The last minute Project Cassandra measures might have helped. Who expected us to field well over 20 squadrons of interceptors in mere 3 years, while erecting new airbases to cover the local danger zones just as zero hour was dawning upon us?

Dixon: The plan was solid and Inwokerenko’s creative logistics seem to have helped confound the enemy, but we can only guess on their exact impact on enemy plans. Then there is a matter of that recent power struggle in New Jerusalem.

Mann: The data obtained by our backdoors implies the enemy did not expect what we and our allies did to prepare for them. They didn’t give us much time to prepare, but it seems we rose up to the challenge. That infighting though, seems the war hawks won while the doves decided to retire to scripture study combined with prophetizing doom and gloom from Yang’s hands.

Cwalile: Mann, if your intel is correct, all enemy drop troops are accounted for. Shall we proceed with scenario 7 then Mr. Morgan?

Morgan: I thought Cassandra prepared scenario 217 for this particular outcome.

Cwalile: I do not trust it, it is not a soldier nor human despite appearances.

Cassandra: Scenario 217's assumptions have a 98,3% match with actual events. The divergence covered by 1,6% is deemed strategically insignificant for the predicted outcome of scenario 217. The remaining 0,1% variance from prediction could result in statistically significant divergence from the outcome.

Morgan: What kind of divergence?

Cassandra: 74,8% chance of a higher losses and slower frontline advancement than anticipated, 21,9% chance of stalemate, 2,3% chance of minor believing advance, 1% chance of faction insolvency and obliteration by believing forces.

Morgan: Seems good to me. Director Colonel, any objections.

Cwalile: This thing gave us 84% chance of civilian casualties in the hundred and fifty thousand to half a million range, with the other 16% mostly bordering on doomsday. This scenario wasn’t even on the shortlist.

Cassandra: Scenario 217’s assumptions on Believer movements were ranked as the 42nd most likely outcome out of all 782 prediction on enemy actions following the completion of the space elevator.

Cwalile: Well behind 41 “more likely” blind guesses.

Cassandra: There is no guessing, merely extrapolation. Variables and their values are provided, others remain unknown. The modelling of fate improves with each prediction and each observed outcome, Director Colonel.

Cwalile: Great, you programmed it to make excuses as well? Is that how you justify your paycheck Mann?

Mann: You give me too much credit Director Colonel, I merely fed her data, Umglik gave her form. Her thoughts however are her own creation.

Cwalile: Horrible thing this Mrs. Frankenstein of yours, thinks it knows better than experienced soldiers.

Cassandra: I know much more than that Director Colonel. Your fate has been extrapolated, enjoy the time you have left.

Cwalile: Are you threatening me, you freak experiment?

Cassandra: I am stating the most probable outcome given the data and situation, Director Colonel.

Morgan: Gentleman, Ladies, the conference call virtual war room is no place for insults, imagined or otherwise, I want results.

Dixon: Mr. Morgan, I believe we can get those results. Director Colonel, you are to proceed with scenario 217 as the nice lady proposes.

Cwalile: That thing is going to get men killed.

Dixon: If it does I’ll let you yank the plug from the feeding tubes yourself.

Shepard: Just stick to the plan, I’ll get the squadrons ready.

Morgan: Good, if anything unexpected happens, call me. Morgan out.

First of all my glorious Pale Horse squad of gas gas gas got murdered at the first chance Usury got after the glorious obliteration of the enemy stack. Should have given them one or two more units with AAA for protection, as it seems one chopper murdered them all with its own gas. Still worth it.

Last week was INTENSE as Usury decided to tech to the space elevator, getting the tech in 4 or 5 turns after Pale Horse, I think. Initially he had low commitment to teching when he first started researching it, with an ETA of 20 turns. Then it turned to something scary like 5 and I think got reduced by one more turn along the way with some extra SCIENCE slider overdrive. Terrifying believer lab output that was. Infiltration showed us pretty clearly that he can instant rush the space elevator (although the hope was he won’t, optimistic as that was) and that his drop troops and drop hovertanks built everywhere will finish roughly at the same time as the space elevator. Which meant raep from orbit was inbound soon(tm).

We planned, we prepared, we guessed how bad it will, Usury’s turn came and..... he said he loaded up the turn and had no clue how to proceed. So he decided to concede and now Agent Orange is leading the churchnuts, dropping mostly near Lal.

Why Usury suddenly decided to concede when the elevator was done I can only speculate. Most likely whatever plan he had was not possible to execute and neither was a backup. Or after trying to drop on a billion tiles, only for all of them to give a “cannot air drop into square occupied by enemy unit” message every time, he had seen it one time too many. Or the Hive base spam which makes Kalin play one turn for two hours or longer broke his morale. Seriously, even during the infamous nutrient counter games we did not see blobbing and base spam of this magnitude.

Even Kalin is sick of it, probably should move the Planetary Transit System even later not because its OP or whatever (its already quite late now in the mod’s tech tree) but to speed up turn flow. I am kind of biased to that since I am after Kalin in the turn order and had to play TURN a few times after midnight which is not optimal (but gave us 2 TURNS per day), due to the mentioned 2+ hour TURN times of the Hive.

Anyway I thought I would be the target, so I used 80% Morgan Econ (rest in psych) and 700+ energy per turn to prepare. This included getting an interceptor for every base (but the one with an aerospace complex and the one on sea) when I had 0 before panic mode begun, blocking danger zone tiles outside base drop-blocking ones with units and even sneakily using an elite hovertank colony pod combined with elite hovertank transports to plug one nasty danger zone with an interceptor, on the very last turn before the space elevator was done.

In any case the game continues and we are now 2 turns after zero hour with AO as Miriam. Doesn’t seem at the moment like the churchnuts are going to be dead any time soon, with all their tachyon fields and units.

Last edited:

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Or the Hive base spam which makes Kalin play one turn for two hours or longer broke his morale. Seriously, even during the infamous nutrient counter games we did not see blobbing and base spam of this magnitude.
Can anyone show me a pic of it? If secrecy is needed, it's guaranteed, cross my heart.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
o4PZWLn.png

Here is the heartland of the Human Hive. Black Mountain Mines is the HQ and main research base, it has the Merchant Exchange and Supercollider and currently crawls energy from boreholes on the North Pole. The bases around the volcano are my main production centres, they have genejack factories but no robotic assembly plants as of yet. That said I do get a 30% mineral discount on everything I build thanks to running planned and wealth. Clusters of little vaults with boreholes and condensers extend southwest and southeast as per the mini-map.

For a long time most of the bases were fairly useless aside from supporting additional formers and giving me votes. I did build a lot of Biology Labs for the LABS bonus, one of the few ways in which I could bolster my own lagging research rate. It helped... Somewhat. They also help me churn out better Mind Worms which I mainly rely on for defense. Why worms? Well, I have the amplifier and they're PSI units so they negate nerve gas attacks. Even if they die I don't really care, they just need to eat up the moves of attacking units so I can counter-attack. Black Mountain Mines and Warrens of Thought have all my secret projects. All other bases are quite expendable.

Of course, once the mini-vaults hit size 5 and beyond they become a lot more useful, engineer specialists produce amazing economy and research - especially now that I can build crawlers to free up workers from nutrient harvesting and mining. The fact I have so many bases also made it rather easy to rush interceptors everywhere and shield my entire continent from orbital insertions. Also, since I just rushed the Cloning Vats and can sustain workers by harvesting nutrients from xenofungus I'd say the final form of the Hive will be truly marvelous to behold.

Here's a complete list of the bases:

s8Cnuuc.png

Last edited:

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
And here I was, thinking that I was okay at the game. But last times I've played Zak or Morgan, vanilla SMAX, I used to get about 20 pops by turn 80 and 40-50 by turn 100-120.
But this is insane.
How the fuck do you get 90 bases (>400 pops; 91*3+146=419, if I'm not mistaken) by turn 140?
Okay, let's say that you've got ~70*3=210 pops from PTS colony spam. It seems reasonable. You've probably spent a significant part of last 20-40 turns spamming them from your core bases, right? 40-80 pops more came from pop growth / pop boom in core bases during this period.
Still, it seems to me that you already had about a hundred pops in 20 bases by about turn 100. Yes? No? How?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I had around 50 pop in 2182. At that time Believers had roughly double due to pop booming. After the invasion of Sparta and the PTS I climbed past 100. Believers pop boomed again so I figured I'd spam bases to catch up. Usually I built new pods right away in the new bases, using the mineral bonus and credits to rush production. In 2205 my pop was 162, in 2228 it was 311. In 2237 I hit 403. I actually never golden age pop boomed, doubt I could pull it off what with my lack of psych facilities and all the extra drones from base spamming. The population in the two project bases was artificially boosted with colony pods. Of course I also have +3 growth on account of being the Hive running planned. Since I also got the Paradigm it was easy to give every base a condenser farm or two boosting conventional growth quite significantly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom