Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jail time, which 3 RPG games to bring

Villagkouras

Arcane
3 RPGs:
Modded Skyrim
Wizardry 7 or 8
Maybe an Ultima

Non RPG:
Latest Football Manager (which I'll probably play for 2 years straight and never touch the RPGs).

laclongquan

Arcane
Fallout New Vegas for that SF post apocalyptic itch.
Skyrim for that fantasy thirst.
Sid Meier Alpha Centaury because you have this TB strategy itch

EDIT: What, Serus? I remind you that the condition is jail time. A game that can double up as fap material has double point, dawg~ And both FNV and Skyrim is famous for it~

Last edited:

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Grim Dawn - endless replayability
Arx Fatalis - good ol dungeon crawlin
Elex - fap to Nastys bewbs

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Football Manager 2020 (counts as RPG: it has conflict-resolution, skills and skill progression, you create your own character and it has branching conversations that lead to radically different outcomes)

Crusader Kings 2 (also a RPG)

Third isn't as important. Could be Rimworld. Or that open-world Zelda game that I spend an absurd amount of money on and still haven't played. Other possibilities: Fully loaded NWN1, a Rockstar game, FTL, Xcom, King of Dragon Pass, HoMM2, Diablo 1, Zafehouse Diaries 2. Or Prison Architect because "Haha...".

curds

Magister
ToEE, because I love it. Short, but could have a lot of fun trying different parties. Or maybe BG2 because it's so fucking long and would kill a lot of time.

Then Wizardry 8 and JA2 because I haven't played them before.

Non-RPG: DOOM II. Mindless fun that I never get tired of. Plus near-endless user content. Hundreds of great WADs, including various TCs that turn it into other games like Sonic, Resident Evil or Metroid.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
FRUA with about 200 of the best user-made modules and Grid Cartographer.

TOME (never played it but I figure it's a first rate rogue-like with built-in unlimited adventures)

Maybe some good, modernish 3D rogue-like with plenty of eyecandy to appease the graphic whore in me.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Fuck RPGs, they only last you for a few dozens of hours at best. For 2 years of isolation, I'll take the latest Dominions version, a soccer managenent sim like FM, and some usual suspect from Paradox.

Yeah, cRPGs wouldn't be my first choice for lifelong imprisonment either. I'd take Doom I/II with 500 PWADS and Thief I/II with FMs over that. Maybe Sid Meier's Civilization/Colonization series.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If I had to go today, I'd probably pick:

1. Modded Skyrim (not for loverslab) ;)
2. Baldur's Gate: 2
3. Crusader Kings: 2

Played the fuck out of all the Fallouts. I've hardly touched Baldur's Gate: 2 because I restart all the fucking time. Restarting means rolling a new character and starting all the way back at BG: 1. I wish you said 4 because I'd also take BG: 1. Hell, I can probably do a year long term on my head with just BG: 1 and 2.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Warcraft 3 with all the mods, and a Dota AI map
Civ IV with a FFH2 modmod or HoMM5
TOME or DCSS or D2 with MedianXL

World In flames
War in the Pacific Admirals Edition
Crusader Kings 2

Then I would commit murder against my cellmate or something when it got near my release date to get more time... because 2 years would only get me part way through world in flames much less even started on the other 2.

1. Neverwinter Nights 2, with all resource mods.
  2. Baldur's Gate 2, modded.
  3. Freedom Force

Baldur's Gate 2 because it's the best. Freedom Force for easy fun. It's also very open ended. Neverwinter Nights 2 for creating my own modules/games with my life sentence.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Off to the clink, eh? I preferred the deserted island version.

Morrowind
CKII
Battle Brothers

And either XCOM or Doom for bonus. Modded Doom would make for a good way for everyone to burn some aggro calories.

Or maybe play it safe and choose Gone Home. That way I could convince the guards that I'm really a repressed college lesbian in need of a transfer to the ladies ward. I'd rather serve my time with Large Marge than Bubba the anal-yst.

Molina

Savant
What if time!

Tomorrow you will spending the coming 2 years in jail (due to piracy or whatever)
You are allowed to bring your laptop and 3 RPG games. there is no internet so no MMORPG crap.

So guys, which do you choose and why? games may be modded and emulation (j)RPG is also fine by me.

As bonus you can also bing 1 none RPG game

Will the Codex massively bring there holy trinity, or do they go for Fallout 4 instead!
So, if I understand correctly, it is neither an American, French or Turkish prison. It would be a Scandinavian jail... Well, I don't know, I'll take my backlog.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
3 games i didn't play yet obviously, prison is monotonous enough, i'd need something new.
  • Realms Beyond
  • KotC 2
  • Colony Ship
As you can see, i'm not planing to go to jail anytime soon ... Should have replaced one with Grimoire 2 ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom