Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Still waiting for that HQ version of the artwork for dem posters, man.

And urmom.

Prime Junta

Kasparov with all the rage around the acceptance speech, are you not afraid that the adoring "fans" will start searching your posts here at Codex to implicate that you are agreeing with the most extreme ... denizens of these forums?
What rage? What sweet drama did I miss?

Nothing important. Some salty comments on Kotaku when they reported on Helen giving Marx and Engels a shout out in the acceptance speech.

Prime Junta

so that's an AI. i thought it was some crazy dude with too much time on his hands.

It could be a crazy dude with too much time on his hands pretending to be an AI.

Edit: it is an AI tho https://openai.com/blog/gpt-2-1-5b-release/

it'd make a good Codexian

Our partners at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies’ Center on Terrorism, Extremism, and Counterterrorism (CTEC) found that extremist groups can use GPT-2 for misuse, specifically by fine-tuning GPT-2 models on four ideological positions: white supremacy, Marxism, jihadist Islamism, and anarchism. CTEC demonstrated that it’s possible to create models that can generate synthetic propaganda for these ideologies. They also show that, despite having low detection accuracy on synthetic outputs, ML-based detection methods can give experts reasonable suspicion that an actor is generating synthetic text.

I think we've finally elucidated the mystery of Cael

Last edited by a moderator:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

=

TotheStars-matchbox-cover-1963.jpg

orcinator

Liturgist
This is so fierce!!!!!
Needs the patch on the arm or no one will know she’s a cop.

Do you expect a wöman would be willing to put basic effort into anything?
This degenerate creature's skillset composes entirely of hunting for clothes and gathering attention, sewing on a white rectangle is far too complex a task for this feeble mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Kaivokz

Arcane
it means the writing style is superficial and easy to copy
I do think a lot of the dialogue in Disco Elysium is superficial in that it doesn't really have determinate meaning, it just evokes a certain feeling, and much of it is intentional pseudoprofundity, used to good effect—"it's the most disco thing I've ever seen, baby."

By the way, I haven't beaten the game yet, but I am overwhelmingly a boring cop and a fascist. I think I have 10x more fascist points than anything else.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://time.com/5752663/best-video-games-2010s-decade/

Disco Elysium (2019)

Released just months before the start of the 2020s, Disco Elysium is the perfect punctuation mark on a decade of excellent games. It’s a video game that’s steeped in the past but looking towards the future. It’s the kind of video game that only comes at the turn of the decade, that special time when something ends and something new is born.

In this very dense role-playing game, players wake up with a killer hangover in a grungy hotel room and quickly realize they’re a police officer in the hotel to solve a crime. But that’s all they remember. The details of the crime—and their personal life—are gone and it’s up to the player to fill in the blanks.

Disco Elysium is a game that looks and plays like a game from 1999, a 2D isometric throwback with fully rendered backgrounds and point and click navigation. The storytelling and mechanics, however, feel like they come from the future. Players put points into stats like “Esprit De Corps” which allows them to understand what cops are thinking, or “Shivers” which allows the city’s streets to speak to you. Leveling up involves pondering strange ideas that alter your skills and change the way your detective sees the world. It’s a game that breathes new life into the old RPG format.

Disco Elysium is proof of what video game fans have known for years: that the medium has special strengths and can tell unique stories you won’t see on TV or read in a book. It’s a game that highlights how all video games are art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom