Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jail time, which 3 RPG games to bring

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
So, if I understand correctly, it is neither an American, French or Turkish prison. It would be a Scandinavian jail... Well, I don't know, I'll take my backlog.

French prisons let you have play stations, your own cooking equipment, your weed and hash. It's a true Free For All attitude, just check YT.

Quillon

Arcane
Fallout New Vegas seems to easily be winning this interesting little poll here....interesting....

When people are honest GOAT RPG FNV shines through, other times they are all pretentious fucks hence the other poll results. :D

Old Hans

Arcane
So, if I understand correctly, it is neither an American, French or Turkish prison. It would be a Scandinavian jail... Well, I don't know, I'll take my backlog.

French prisons let you have play stations, your own cooking equipment, your weed and hash. It's a true Free For All attitude, just check YT.
how you know so much about french prison? you some kind of prison NERD?

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron

how you know so much about french prison? you some kind of prison NERD?

Because it comes up regularly (at least 1 or 2 times every year) in the french news that most prisons (while suffering from overpopulation incarceration) are a total joke. Look up on YT: Fleury-Mérogis Prison; to see some unedited footage.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It depends on the jail time, though. If it's something long you need replay value and that's what sets it apart from just your 3 favorite games -

1. A Roguelike (ToME, Stone Soup, NetHack maybe)
2. Grim Dawn
3. Neverwinter Nights 1

Uncharted Waters New Horizons

When will we finally see a remake of that game or at least something with similar mechanics?

This current kickstarter looks like the closest thing to it:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiamatgames/maritime-law-a-seafaring-rpg

Though whether they can make it is questionable.
Nice; I spent weeks of my school vacations in that open world colonial ship captain simulator; engage in piracy and slavery to rack up the jewgold. use the said jewgold to buy a princess's dowry and enter nobility. oh good times.

Wasn't aware of that kickstarter; it failed though. will keep an eye out for the title anyways.

Harthwain

Magister
Assuming no internet connection:

1) Space Rangers 2
2) NEO Scavenger
3) Battle Brothers (I don't think of it as an RPG, more like turn-based tactical game with RPG elements, but I don't really have any better candidate* for the third spot as of right now. I am hoping for Starsector and/or Stoneshard to fill the hole properly.)

* I was thinking about Fallout 2 or Arcanum, but for two years I want something with a lot of replayability and the usual cRPGs don't cut it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Games with which you can just spend a ton of time with little considerations to following a storyarc and reaching credits.

Nethack
Daggerfall
Morrowind

Perhaps...

Or get gamemaker studio or somesuch and spend the 3 years creatively. Come out with a new classic in your hands. Make millions. Die happily on coke OD while being partly inside a hooker in a weird penthouse in a foreign country you know nothing about.

Buster

Novice
Betrayal at Krondor
Dwarf Fortress (it was made for jail)
X-Com if that is an RPG

Gibson

Learned
JA2
ToEE
IWD 1

between all the possible party compositions in each of those games...pfff....more than enough

then either Kerbal or EU4 (would flip a coin)

Gibson

Learned
Learn 2 code.

alt right+nazi+white supremacist+mysoginistic trump supporter+garbage human detected

triggered-meme-gif-3.gif

Saerain

Augur
Patron
PC access in a prison, is that a thing?

I suppose replayability is king in this situation, so...
  1. Arcanum is one.
  2. Fallout 2 I shamefully never played, but I understand it's similar, so it would be a good opportunity.
  3. Neverwinter Nights for the creative outlet. Or otherwise just pick up my MUD programming projects.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Wizardry 5
ADOM
Captain Tsubasa 2: Super Striker.

Although I agree with you guys, strategy games are better suited for this.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fallout New Vegas seems to easily be winning this interesting little poll here....interesting....

When people are honest GOAT RPG FNV shines through, other times they are all pretentious fucks hence the other poll results. :D
Played the fuck out of FNV or else I would take it. It'd be a completely different list if we are able to erase our memory of said RPGs that we take.

Deleted member 7219

Fallout New Vegas
Morrowind
The Witcher 3

And my bonus non-RPG: TIE Fighter CD

Swigen

Arbiter
Path of Exile. I’ll kill everyone if I can just play Path of Exile and lift weights all day. Pretty sure this is possible in Norway.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
3 RPG games

:rpgcodex:

To answer the question, I'd rather bring a strategy game or two due to much better replayability.
You are of course correct about replay value. However excluding other genres is what makes the question interesting. Anyone can think of favourite 4X, Paradox game, a football manager, etc.... The question should be about pure 3 crpgs excluding diablo2-clones, roguelikes, FRUA with 100s of modules...
People have poor imagination in that case. I mean PST or Fallouts, might be mediocre or truly great crpgs but their playtime or replay value are limited. You'll play (and maybe replay) them in a few months. In that case only dropping the soap kind of games will remain for the rest of the 2 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom