Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Trashos

Arcane
DavidBVal, the Aldori want someone to get rid of Stag Lord. If you are good enough to get rid of him, I do not see much of a problem there, especially since the Aldori seem to be Chaotic (I am not sure on this, but that is what they look like).

However, there is another major related point, that you are going to learn from one of the Storyteller's stories (you are going to meet the Storyteller once you become Baron). The Aldori have traveled the Stolen Lands before. While it is never spelled out, they probably know something is amiss in the region, and they need a sucker guinea pig to test the waters.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Regarding storytelling so far (I am still level 4) I gotta say I find the early premises a bit silly and inconsistent. I mean, "King wanted, no experience required" makes little sense.
There's a catch, you'll see. Let's just say you're not the first to get this job.

kelkorkesis

Novice
I am trying Kinetic Knight Valerie first time. She hits everything, I think I am in love. On a side note which elements do you pick for her?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
DavidBVal, the Aldori want someone to get rid of Stag Lord. If you are good enough to get rid of him, I do not see much of a problem there, especially since the Aldori seem to be Chaotic (I am not sure on this, but that is what they look like).

However, there is another major related point, that you are going to learn from one of the Storyteller's stories (you are going to meet the Storyteller once you become Baron). The Aldori have traveled the Stolen Lands before. While it is never spelled out, they probably know something is amiss in the region, and they need a sucker guinea pig to test the waters.

I see. Well, combat is fun with TB mod, and building chars is interesting, so I certainly will enjoy getting there.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Regarding storytelling so far (I am still level 4) I gotta say I find the early premises a bit silly and inconsistent. I mean, "King wanted, no experience required" makes little sense. You have two suspects of treason, naming both of them team leaders is stupid. The whole "traitor" thing does not really work from a logical point of view. Yet I find the whole thing charming, the tone is right, and I suppose story will get better.

In BG 1 I had the feeling from the beginning that the story was very strong and consistent, but I have seen too little of PF:KM to make a real comparison between the two.
>I mean, "King wanted, no experience required" makes little sense.
It's a farce. A deliberation of sorts. The Aldori are not looking for kings, they are looking for willing pawns to play their game. Preemptively, they are trying to create a region within the Stolen Lands. This region will be used as a buffer zone, and a means to a civil war, when that time arises. You will have to play more, as Lady Jamandi does explain to you the history of the Stolen Lands, and her strategy. Also, if you haven't picked up yet, the name "Stolen Lands" does have meaning. To put it simply, everyone and their mother has claim to the land, yet no one is willing to actually back their claims, as it will lead to civil war. However, a couple of clueless adventurers, now that's a different story.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Greetings, friend. Have you come seeking the light?

2K0RakL.png

Trashos

Arcane
I am currently in the Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Man, I love this dungeon. It is the one with the colorful buttons that open the locked doors (Varnhold Vanishing chapter).

Ravness

Educated
Tlm0OP9.png

Question, if you bang her then she switches to her sister would that considered a threesome?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am trying Kinetic Knight Valerie first time. She hits everything, I think I am in love. On a side note which elements do you pick for her?
Earth or Water, either can work. I like Earth more.

Definately a touch attack - Fire or Electric first. Probably Fire for Bowling aoe tripping Magma Composite Whirlwinds later down the road.

Electric offers more party support though (Celerity - Haste), Magnetic Infusion to make the enemy easier to hit by 4 for everyone else. You can still do composite blasts with Charged Water, but won't be Bowling Tripping anytime soon then.

kelkorkesis

Novice

Definately a touch attack - Fire or Electric first. Probably Fire for Bowling aoe tripping Magma Composite Whirlwinds later down the road.

Electric offers more party support though (Celerity - Haste), Magnetic Infusion to make the enemy easier to hit by 4 for everyone else. You can still do composite blasts with Charged Water, but won't be Bowling Tripping anytime soon then.
I opened with fire to target touch AC like your suggestion. My previous declaration of love towards Valerie came from that. I also liked the easy access to dreadful carnage. I have already too many people ready to provide haste so I guess I will stay in fire route.

I also turned Jaethal to fighter after taking 3 levels of inquisitor and slapped an elven curve blade on her. I will probably turn her into a sword and board later but I don't know how she will going to perform at late game.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

I opened with fire to target touch AC like your suggestion. My previous declaration of love towards Valerie came from that. I also liked the easy access to dreadful carnage. I have already too many people ready to provide haste so I guess I will stay in fire route.

I also turned Jaethal to fighter after taking 3 levels of inquisitor and slapped an elven curve blade on her. I will probably turn her into a sword and board later but I don't know how she will going to perform at late game.
>I also turned Jaethal to fighter after taking 3 levels of inquisitor and slapped an elven curve blade on her
Nice! I have some screenshots of what Jaethal is capable of. Sadly I forgot to save some of them :/ Nonetheless this is how much AC I manged to reach on her as a Fighter with some dips into Stalwart Defender:
FSsXTWO.png

Vorark

Erudite
Tlm0OP9.png

Question, if you bang her then she switches to her sister would that considered a threesome?

This is the Wildcards DLC character, right? I don't really care about the new race and class, so is there enough content to justify the price or am I better off skipping it?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Tlm0OP9.png

This is the Wildcards DLC character, right? I don't really care about the new race and class, so is there enough content to justify the price or am I better off skipping it?
It's really up to you. The DLC Itself mainly adds a new companion, a new class and subclass, and some QoL changes to the Kingdom management. For example, it gives you an additional financial advisor and the mountain climbing project, basically the project allows you to bypass mountain regions with less of a hassle. Inexpensive for the Varnhold Vanishing chapter. As there are many mountains in the region.

DLC is on sale for 4 bucks. Pretty cheap.

kelkorkesis

Novice
Nice! I have some screenshots of what Jaethal is capable of. Sadly I forgot to save some of them :/ Nonetheless this is how much AC I manged to reach on her as a Fighter with some dips into Stalwart Defender:
>Touch AC 27
Well, I asked for this when I decided to use armoured frontliners. Can't wait for funhouse. Do you shield bash that Jaethal? Though shield bashing would be better with slayer.

Aw man. Monks are awesome. I need to get back into Pathfinder.
I wish master of many styles archetype was in this game. It would help monks greatly.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>Touch AC 27
Well, I asked for this when I decided to use armoured frontliners. Can't wait for funhouse. Do you shield bash that Jaethal? Though shield bashing would be better with slayer.

Aw man. Monks are awesome. I need to get back into Pathfinder.
I wish master of many styles archetype was in this game. It would help monks greatly.
I never backed my old screenshots. So I can't show you how great and effective she can be. Anyways, due to her undead state she is immune to most effects, and can't die. In turn this makes her a perfect candidate to front line. Don't forget you should also have clerics and spell casters that should be buffing the team. I don't remember my buff order. But it wasn't a big issue in the fun house. As Valerie, Jaethal, and my Monk were melting the Wild Hunt units within seconds on Unfair.

>I wish master of many styles archetype was in this game. It would help monks greatly.
Yeah. It's something I'd love to see in the sequel. Grappling would have been nice too.

cocorulverde

Educated
Short question for those who played with the TB mod: is there any reason not to use this mod in my first playthrough?

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Now it works for me with turn based mod and unlocked zoom on hard difficulty. I’m able to get fun finally.
Does anybody know if there mods to remove green and red circles below characters models?

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Short question for those who played with the TB mod: is there any reason not to use this mod in my first playthrough?
Oh man this mod makes everything much less retard I’d say. You’ll find yourself understanding game mechanics better and using abilities which you thought were useless.

Edit: a word of warning though, TB mod makes every encounter much easier since you don’t have to micromanage your utterly retarded companions. Rise the difficulty level.

Trashos

Arcane
2nd playthrough, just finished Vordakai's Tomb and entered Ch 4. I am not a big fan of the transition from Ch 3 to Ch 4. I come back to the capital and there are a million urgent things (or things that sound urgent) going on.

Tristian is gone, my other Councilor (Shandra) is gone (good thing I have recruited Tsanna this time around), the Grey Rebellion just cropped up, Ekun left with Ntavi, my capital is turning into a city, Linzi's former teacher is in danger, the barbarians are invading the Aldori, Amiri left for the battlefield etc-etc.

It is a bit too much, if you ask me. Vordakai's Tomb is intense, and I just wanted to chill for a while improving my kingdom at this point. I wish some of the above events were a bit more spread out.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, I really disliked Ch4. Tristian was my only adviser for his slot, and I had to spend a long time without an adviser, ended up having to rush things to get him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom