Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
i must say im looking forward to some dimir love in next set. I hope it comes with scry land finally.
My pioneer deck is dimir. Hate blue, but wotc doesn't want me to play green :negative:

Hedron%2BAlignment%2B%255BOGW%255D.jpg
Doom%2BWhisperer%2B%255BGRN%255D.jpg
Jace%252C%2BWielder%2Bof%2BMysteries%2B%253CJapanese%253E%2B%255BWAR%255D.jpg
Ashiok%252C%2BDream%2BRender%2B%253CJapanese%253E%2B%255BWAR%255D.jpg

Dig%2BThrough%2BTime%2B%255BUMA%255D.jpg
Treasure%2BCruise%2B%255BUMA%255D.jpg
Secret%2BSalvage%2B%255BAER%255D.jpg
Mastermind%2527s%2BAcquisition%2B%255BRIX%255D.jpg

btw the Chinese market is full of WAR weabo planeswalkers if anyone wants some. Non foil, sadly.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
The deck sucks without the cards from Kaladesh, but winning this 1/10 was sweet bros
mtga100.jpg

The 4th Creeping Chill was 5th from the bottom.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Quite a streak of crap rares spoiled for the new set. Perhaps they are compensating for driving the power level up in the previous year.

Enchantress looks heavily pushed. Looking forward to do some Ixalan Binding and Gagging in historic
637118557282069661.png

Quite a streak of crap rares spoiled for the new set. Perhaps they are compensating for driving the power level up in the previous year.

Enchantress looks heavily pushed. Looking forward to do some Ixalan Binding and Gagging in historic
637118557282069661.png
Those crap rares aren't in the regular packs. They'll be in the special commander decks/brawl decks/"Theme booster" or some shit, their numbers are over the 254 in the set like planeswalker deck cards. Setessan there is over the 254 too, but that's because that's her fat-art rather than regular card which IS in the regular set.

spectre

Arcane
It's a bit of a tease from them. Satyr Enchanter wasn't enough to facilitate the archetype, Starfield Mystic wasn't either, so how about slapping both growth and draw in one thing?
Obviously, good Hexproof is what the deck actually needs. Sentinels Mark on Paradise Druid is one of the few in-theme things in current standard, but that won't be carrying the entire deck.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Good for my Kestia EDH
Kestia%252C%2Bthe%2BCultivator%2B%255BC18%255D.jpg

Tarmogoyf counts as a growing creature! Guess what won Vintage NA Champs last month.

just chekin in
Serpent%2Bof%2BYawning%2BDepths%2B%255BTHB%255D.jpg

tentacle tribe incoming!

cool card too bad you'll never get to t6 with whatever tentacle tribe shit since everyone's playing the same 2 degenerate lockdown combo decks....... hey maybe ull get lucky and get to play it 1/20 games as a winmore card ahaha

alright cya l8r
Get back in here you fucker, they're adding an instant speed Ixalan's Binding just for you!

I'm just waiting for some sorta jolly Christmas code or event or something. They've got an event going for historic pauper which would be cool except it costs 2,500 gold and gives historic styles. That's not as outrageous as the complete ripoff of the brawl event but I still don't feel like dropping two and a half packs or half a draft on it.
:prosper:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just started playing today, limited magic experience outside of it. Beat the first two folks I was up against but they were obviously not very seasoned either. And can I just say I fucking hate pacifism?

Edit: Shored up my green deck with green+blue mana cards and added some unsummons and counterspells. Really helps a ton.

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
got bored and checked the reddit cuz it's sometimes funny to see people bitching about the meta and what do you know? top of the sub!
18IngMo.png

must be nice to know ur playing with a bunch of tards who jack off to thots self-promoting their twitch

one more reason to be glad to uninstall

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What do you guys think of my current main deck? It's a Golgari one that's quite fun and setting the right undergrowth card off is very satisfying but I am still somewhat new to Magic in general so I would welcome any comments.

4 Jungle Hollow (M20) 248
4 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
1 Cauldron's Gift (ELD) 83
2 Lotleth Giant (GRN) 74
2 District Guide (GRN) 128
9 Swamp (RNA) 262
1 Kraul Foragers (GRN) 135
4 Glowspore Shaman (GRN) 173
1 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
1 Izoni, Thousand-Eyed (GRN) 180
2 Molderhulk (GRN) 190
2 Rhizome Lurcher (GRN) 196
1 Underrealm Lich (GRN) 211
3 Sporecap Spider (ELD) 176
9 Forest (M20) 280
2 Deathsprout (WAR) 189
2 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
1 Swarm Guildmage (GRN) 201
1 Vigorspore Wurm (GRN) 147
3 Golgari Findbroker (GRN) 175
3 Status // Statue (GRN) 230
1 Witch's Cottage (ELD) 249
2 Bone Splinters (M20) 92
1 Golgari Raiders (GRN) 130
1 Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN) 213
1 Golgari Locket (GRN) 237
1 Crushing Canopy (GRN) 126
1 Pulse of Murasa (M20) 189
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
1 Disentomb (M20) 322

Doktor Best

Arcane
Golgari really wants to go for edgewall innkeeper plus adventure cards (lovestruck beast, foulmire knight, murderous rider).

Also you want to ramp into Nissa. Yes, you definitely want to do that.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been playing this in free mode for the past couple weeks and I've made it to diamond tier.

I wanted to try the EDH mode, but I can't figure out how to make a commander deck?

Help plz!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom