Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game does look ugly,a 2013 level of graphics. So i take it that the high gpu demand is because of incompetent development and bad engine.

Dude you can say anything about the game but not that it looks bad. It's a really good looking game and that besides the gfx aren't even final.
Ahhh no, i can tell that the game have high graphical fidelity ,but not that it looks good. It have high texture and detailed graphical assets...when they manage to get loaded in. But the whole game looks generic and unimpressive. Most of the planets have pop in lag and the assets are samemy and repetitive. The space part is also meh,it have a sealing with dots and few different places,and that it is. Elite dangerous is ten times better looking game,don't see why people are so impressed with this outdated boring game. A high level of details in a ship is not an impressive thing when the director behind it lacks any imagination.

Morkar Left

The game does look ugly,a 2013 level of graphics. So i take it that the high gpu demand is because of incompetent development and bad engine.

Dude you can say anything about the game but not that it looks bad. It's a really good looking game and that besides the gfx aren't even final.
Ahhh no, i can tell that the game have high graphical fidelity ,but not that it looks good. It have high texture and detailed graphical assets...when they manage to get loaded in. But the whole game looks generic and unimpressive. Most of the planets have pop in lag and the assets are samemy and repetitive. The space part is also meh,it have a sealing with dots and few different places,and that it is. Elite dangerous is ten times better looking game,don't see why people are so impressed with this outdated boring game. A high level of details in a ship is not an impressive thing when the director behind it lacks any imagination.

Get better hardware, seriously. Or check out the latest build. The game looks great from a pure technical point fo view regarding gfx and it is very immersive and detailed when it comes to level of detail in assets and has damn good planetside views and space visuals.
Ofc when it works, you have a good internetconnection and decent hardware. Oh and the piss-filter deactivated. I don't know why people have this in and want to look at a screen that looks like from a 90's vhs tape...

ADL

Prophet
Are you running it on a hard drive rather than SSD?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL why the fuck you would assume that i spend money on this fucking scam lol?! If i want beautiful shit,i will go replay the witcher3 with some mods or wait for Cyberpunk.

ADL

Prophet
Never implied anything of the sort. You can play the game for free every couple of months during free fly events and you're acting as if you have firsthand knowledge of how it looks and performs.

If it runs poorly, it's on your end because any system built in the last 5 years is capable of running it moderately well despite the SSOCS not being in place.

Myobi

Liturgist

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just..wow. If I were them, I too would never release this game :lol:

If they will release SQ42 they will get fat stacks of money and if they will release 1.0 of SC they will get even bigger fat stacks of money in addition to already what they are making.
Makes no sense to be in perpetual development.

One thing positive from it is that if you shoot for the moon there will be people who will want that.
Also i seriously think that vien diagram of people who play SC will be very similar to people who play flight simulators.

Those guys can literally spend $10k on those games.
Dads spend 10k on peripherals for flight sims. I should know. My dad was one of them with a full autismbox simpit for games like DCS, Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. To be fair, it was something he added to over 20 years since Tie Fighter came out. I've tried it and it can be cool but I just have a VR headset and a hotas and that actually works way better. Elite in particular goes from boring to super immersive in VR. And I only spent £500 for the lot. And that includes SC. My point is, dads have exploitale income. They'll buy what they need to enjoy their favorite sim. But that's suddenly a bad thing when it's SATAN CITIZEN: Thief of Children and Raper of Women.
suddently your nickname has a lot of sense

Giving space sims credit for looking good is dumb IMO. They are essentially the holy grail of no-work-required development. Take any FPS game, remove all of the environment and all but one or two characters (everything else is far enough away that you can render it in a much lower resolution so it basically doesn't matter), surprise, artists should be able to make those one or two models look really fucking good. Space sims should at a minimum look around 3-4 years ahead of the rest of the industry.

Danikas

Arcane
$275 Concierge Event's Evening Meal

Top hat guy thought he was going to a banquet for the elite.
oy3fBR9qlhtBsuPnLjWnyCTqHHDKVM13-TxkBpNM9BQ.png

Morkar Left

Giving space sims credit for looking good is dumb IMO. They are essentially the holy grail of no-work-required development. Take any FPS game, remove all of the environment and all but one or two characters (everything else is far enough away that you can render it in a much lower resolution so it basically doesn't matter), surprise, artists should be able to make those one or two models look really fucking good. Space sims should at a minimum look around 3-4 years ahead of the rest of the industry.

You have at least watched one video of SC haven't you???

You have at least watched one video of SC haven't you???

If you're referring to the parts of the game that aren't in space, they look somewhere between complete ass (environments, character models) and serviceable but unimpressive (ship interiors)

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah because being a fat slob is a a surefire sign of having a lot of money and most of those idiots on the pic are rich guys rather than deadbeats who tap into their meager savings to buy 1000 Dollar ship JPGs...

I could drive around with my Ferrari in some warm part of the world but I‘d rather be with you guys and have diner in a cheap ass 3,5 out of 5 stars on google restaurant.

Myobi

Liturgist
Holy fuck, is that Mr Rich Uncle Pennybags over there...?

Oh my god! Monopoly SC edition! Just think about it… instead of land you buy space-ships, and like instead of fake dollars you use credits, but like, you can use real dollars to buy them and over half of the board is missing because its still on development…

... and don't you mother fuckers dare, I'm copyrighting this shit already.

ADL

Prophet
Very curious to see how it runs and plays with SSOCS implemented.
Edit: It runs better than before, which was already impressively optimized. Short single load screen into the persistent universe and higher frame rates than the last time I logged in.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom