Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Waylanders - historical fantasy time travel RPG inspired by Dragon Age: Origins

jewboy

Arbiter
This kickstarter really deserves to fail. These guys should not be allowed to make games ever. If any of the devs are reading this please kill yourselves. Thanks in advance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here comes the most important part of any Dragon Age clone:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2622309

Companion: Khaldun

Khaldun is in her mid twenties, and is intelligent as hell. The eldest daughter of a noble family in Meroe, in The Kingdom of Kush, she was sent to Egypt as a young teenager and educated in the best schools Alexandria could offer. She relocated to Brigantia with Queen Escota and Prince Lugaid five years ago. Khaldun can read, write, and speak nearly a dozen languages, and can tell you anything about the vast pantheons of Nubian & Egyptian gods and goddesses without checking reference materials.

d00c3c241a94b25535d353b9b8106125_original.png

Khaldun prefers to wear clothing styles that reflect her adopted Egyptian culture. These costumes and styles may seem foreign and overly elegant to her Celtic peers, but Khaldun doesn’t mean them that way, and she doesn’t care. She is proud of her heritage.

Her necromantic powers come from her unwavering faith in the Egyptian pantheon, and she is a devoted priestess to the god Osiris. This may put her into direct conflict with some of your devout Celtic party members on occasion.

Khaldun views sex and romance quite separately. She’s generally down to play a little, but if you want to fully romance her, she wants you all to herself. She’s had a few bad experiences with some open relationships since moving to the land of the Celts, and she needs to know that she’s your one and only. If you’re not willing to commit to her, and only to her, she won’t have any reservations about ending things. But if you do commit, she is a powerful and loving partner.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2624593

New companion: Delba

Delba is the youngest daughter of the Fomorian king. Still centuries old, she is one of the youngest Fomorians in general. Her mother disappeared to the surface when she was a child, and she’s been obsessed with exploring the human world since. Delba has a vision that the Fomorians will be able to show the humans that they’re not monsters, and will one day find a happier life on the surface.

283278fec165ce11ad6159e8a6a8804e_original.jpg

She is enormous, and most people think she’s scary-looking… which she finds hilarious. She’s tough and violent when she needs to be, and doesn’t mind being that person… but she’d much rather be playing music and telling dirty jokes with her friends.

Optimistic to a fault, Delba wants the Fomorians to stop living in the shadows, for them to plan a triumphant return to the surface. She hopes to inspire others to be more accepting of her kind, and will often neglect her own needs or wants in order to make people like her. Everything is Fomorian first for Delba- and when it comes to conflicts… she doesn’t care as much about morality as she does about practicality and pushing her own cause.

As a romance option, she’s awkwardly charming, and more interested in a deep emotional and intellectual connection than a sexual one. Delba loves to cuddle, and will happily lie with you under the stars telling funny stories all night long.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, this Heraklios certainly gives us a measure of his writers' imagination potency. Or lack of it, more precisely.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2637091

HERAKLIOS
A greek mercenary in his early twenties, Heraklios loves glory more than anything else in the world. He insists that ever fight be as fair as possible, almost to the point of an obsession. He will sometimes make a situation substantially harder on himself just so that he can live up to that sense of fairness.

414c98eef269e8665311391eaf1ecf13_original.png

Outside of combat situations, Heraklios is slightly awkward, sweet, and full of bravado. He’s very traditionally masculine in a number of ways- including his love of beer, his belly laugh, and his penchant for dad jokes. Heraklios tries to stand up for injustice anywhere he sees it, but this can get him into trouble when he intervenes where he isn’t wanted. Essentially- he’s a loveable frat boy. He has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Greek legends and myths, and will recount them… loudly, and with many embellishments… to anyone who asks. Or doesn’t ask.

Heraklios struggles with impostor syndrome. Despite being unbelievably skilled and qualified, he never feels like he is enough- he thinks that all of his accomplishments have been lucky breaks, and that his failures have been deserved. He wants to prove to himself that he can earn glory, that he can earn love. That he is worth it. Heraklios’s biggest dream would be to go down in history as a hero himself, and to feel like he really, truly deserved it.

As a lover, Heraklios is selfless and fun. He’s fine with you having other lovers or pursuing your interests, but he wants to know that he is your number one guy. He may come across as an unrepentant ladies man, but if you prioritize him, he’ll prioritize you right back.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2648865

New languages announced!

We are proud to announce new translations for The Waylanders!

2b7a789b1c6a849704075772ac1edccb_original.gif

In addition to spanish and english versions with voices, there will be subtitles in chinese, russian, german and french. So, you'll be able to play in:
  • English
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • Simplified chinese
  • German
  • French
This means, many more people will enjoy the epic story of The Waylanders!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2664118

New companion revealed: Rea, the werewolf!

The werewolf curse has intensified over time, as each new generation becomes more lupine than the last. Rea was the first werewolf to be born without speech. She walks on all fours. But do not be deceived- she is more intelligent and empathetic than most humans. And she is definitely not a dog.

dfe30afbad2b3c8faefafc43933aa37c_original.png

Whereas pet dogs are loyal out of pure love for their masters, Rea is loyal, but it’s because she spends her time trying to prove that she is just as human as everyone else... which is difficult when you’re essentially nonverbal. Not being able to talk when you can think in complex sentences is frustrating, and sometimes she melts down and lashes out. But then, she feels even worse. When she’s not overly frustrated, Rea thinks deeply about every action, and chooses her moves and howls carefully. She believes that it’s in everyone’s best interest to work together and strive towards a better future.

Rea has a different perspective on the corruption plaguing the land than the rest of your party. She hopes that those being corrupted beyond recognition might one day be cured, and that whatever magic brings about that cure might finally help teach her how to communicate with others the way she’s always dreamed about. In the meantime, she’ll continue practicing trying to form her mouth around words and stretching her back leg muscles.

She dreams of falling in love and having her own pups someday, but will not even consider becoming romantically involved with anyone until she can speak to them the words of love she truly wants to share... and ensure that her children wouldn’t share her curse.

Also, Disco Elysium shoutout.

Salvo

Arcane
I feel some sort of instinctive dislike toward this game, weird. Time will tell if it's worth playing.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
?she?
barechested
no tiddies

inspired by Dragon Age

Coincidence ?

New companion revealed: Rea, the werewolf!

The werewolf curse has intensified over time, as each new generation becomes more lupine than the last. Rea was the first werewolf to be born without speech. She walks on all fours. But do not be deceived- she is more intelligent and empathetic than most humans. And she is definitely not a dog.

Next update will reveal the new hermaphrodite vampire companion ...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A greek mercenary in his early twenties, Heraklios loves glory more than anything else in the world. He insists that ever fight be as fair as possible, almost to the point of an obsession.

Heraklios tries to stand up for injustice anywhere he sees it, but this can get him into trouble when he intervenes where he isn’t wanted.

Typo in the second sentence.
Also, if he stands up for injustice... uh... I don't think he's such a swell guy as the text wants to make us believe.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Not-Loghain https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2683859

New character announcement: Tarlock

3d01b882a77f3ff9255203659d6e7d38_original.png

Tarlock rose to prominence as one of King Ith’s senior advisors just a few years ago, and fell from grace nearly as quickly as he rose. Dynamic, charismatic, and prone to sudden violence, his hot temper intrigued King Ith and felt like a good potential way to balance the King’s calm love of peace. In the struggles against the werewolves, Tarlock was initially a celebrated leader. But when he ordered the slaughter of an entire Wolfpack, Ith realized that he’d made a grave mistake and fired Tarlock immediately.

Tarlock quietly began drawing in followers who didn’t agree with King Ith’s love of diversity and cultural exchange. He begun to feed on their desire for Celtic superiority, and stoked the flames of racism and unrest in order to gain power. He doesn’t actually believe most of what he preaches, and will say anything necessary to get others to follow him- even if it contradicts something he said earlier that very day.

His daughter, Tiana, is his most valuable pawn. He claims to love her, but would cast her aside without much thought if she threatened his own position. Tiana’s mother, Alanna, died nearly a decade ago. Tarlock told his daughter it was because Alanna’s own magic consumed her. But was it?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2684622

Happy 1st anniversary!

Today is a great day: one year ago, The Waylanders was funded on Kickstarter!

And we want to celebrate this moment, sharing with you something you're going to love: The Waylanders main theme, composed by Inon Zur. Listen and enjoy:

Who's Inon Zur?

EMMY award-winner and three-time BAFTA nominated composer Inon Zur is internationally renowned for his emotionally dynamic original music scores for video games, including the Fallout series, Dragon Age series, Icewind Dale and much more.

Zur’s best-selling soundtrack for Fallout 4 has been described as 'sophisticated and atmospheric' and celebrated as one of the best original video game scores by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts or The PlayStation Awards, to name a few examples.

Recently, he has been nominated for two relevant awards:
Dragon Age, Icewind Dale, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls... That's why we know he's the right person to compose the soundtrack of our RPG!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Not-Morrigan https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2703062

Nazhedja - Key character

The Seer is considered to be timeless- she has existed for as long as anyone can remember, and has held the highest position within Mourian society for hundreds of years. Due to her magickal abilities and confident personality, she’s regarded as the world’s foremost magickal authority, and she absolutely loves it. No one knows magick quite like Nazhedja. She can see every aspect of the past and the future… well, until she meets you.

42e604e978d72de5858be90fd30d2074_original.png

Nazhedja is the epitome of confident elegance. She is performatively feminine and loves being that way. She’s also a bit goofy, silly, ditzy, and vain at times because she knows that engaging in fun won’t undermine her authority. Nazhedja aways dresses impeccably- every hair in place, every piece of jewelry carefully selected, even in the heat of battle.

She knows herself- she knows who she is, what she wants, and she knows that she can and will do anything she needs to in order to get it. She’s been in charge and recognized for her superior magick abilities for so long that the idea of being powerless is totally foreign to her. She knows she doesn’t have to play games in order to keep her high position in society- she can just exist and be herself, and things will work out. There’s a sense of, “do you know who I am” in every request and order. Her immortality is something that has become such a core part of her personality that she has a hard time reconciling the fact that some people don’t understand it.

As the Seer, she views all possible past and future timelines simultaneously, and sometimes has difficulty anchoring herself to the reality she’s currently experiencing. This tends to confuse just about everyone around her, unless they can comprehend how she gently nudges the world in specific directions with her decisions. She often becomes frustrated with others who can’t see all the possibilities that she can’t stop seeing.

Because of this, Nazhedja has many friends and political allies, but few very close friends… and she tells herself that she likes it that way. She’s seen empires fall and countless generations of mortals die, so she tries not to get too attached… but in some ways, she can’t help it. She cares too much. She’s lost so many lovers and friends along the way that she has realized she needs to keep people at arm’s length in order to protect her own heart, but she loves people more than she loves protecting herself.

Nazhedja will happily have sex with anyone she deems worthy of being able to please her (and you have to be pretty spectacular for her to deem you worthy), but she’s been alive long enough that the idea of true love is something she tells herself that she’s put behind her. If you can manage to romance her, she’ll say she wants to keep things casual, and will even push you to date or sleep with other people so that she doesn’t have the “pressure” of being your only lover.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2714347

A new creature will be revealed...

A quick update today, but with astonishing content. You just have to watch this video to know what we mean:

Surprising, right? There will be room for giant creatures inspired by Celtic mythology in The Waylanders, in addition to many other surprises. We'll reveal more information about this character soon!

Do you have any theory or speculation about this creature? Comment in this Twitter thread!

The cute creature companion: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2719256

New companion: Trasté - Story & background

b05749189acdcba8861db896431f1223_original.jpg

Trasté is a trasno!!! (you call them goblins? Yes, you call them goblins)

Dance, music… pranks…. Mostly pranks tho. :D

You’re different. Neat. Trasté is... intrigued. Trasté likes different.

Especially when different makes people uncomfortable tee hee hee.

Trasté is from Aunes, a coastal city. Many trasnos there. Many fun jokes and much music!!

Youngest of the trasnos, but who knows what that means in your years. Trasnos do not care about time. Time is fake, probably. Unless they’re waiting for a person to… hehe… come across one of their pranks!!

Trasté different too, from other trasnos. Usually trasnos do not care for people problems. Unless people problems are from pranks done by trasno. Trasté care very hard. Trasté wish Trasté was a people.

You changed from one thing into another thing. Maybe you can make Trasté a people?? Worth a try!!!

Trasté does not understand romance and thinks the sex is weird (Why the bits? Why must the bits do the stuff?!?) but Trasté wants to be your close friend super hard.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The "tough-as-nails butch"! These guys don't fuck around: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/the-waylanders-the-rpg-videogame/posts/2743799

New companion: Mal - Story & background

1c508f8bf5ec374b522157d01eef4839_original.jpg

Mal is a mid thirties, tough-as-nails butch who loves violence for the sake of violence. Luckily, she has channeled this love into a useful career killing dangerous monsters. She doesn’t talk much, would rather be caught dead than in a dress, and enjoys smelling a little bit like death to keep people from talking to her. If you don’t seem dangerous or interesting, she won’t give you the time of day. The only time she’s seen smiling is when she’s killing something… or licking her knife after doing so.

Mal has a unique special ability. She lost an eye in a fight with a monster a number of years ago, and her husband at the time, a Mourian man, saved her life by pouring gold in her empty eye socket. That gold was imbued with magick. Now, if she puts the eye of a deceased creature or person in that eye socket, she can see how that individual died. Well, mostly. She sees their doom through not just their eyes, but their lens- their feelings at their time of death distort the vision. For example, for people who were murdered, the person or creature who murdered them may appear much more horrifying or monstrous than they are in real life.

If you manage to befriend Mal, she is absolutely ride-or-die. She will defend you and stay by your side no matter what. Mal prefers to keep things casual, but if you romance her, she may prove to be nearly insatiable sexually, and might potentially be down for some rather dangerous kink play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom