Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

curds

Magister
@CuckMaster I'm pretty sure it is Heroine's Quest.

edit: Leaving it that way cause it made me laugh.

HansDampf

Arcane
SPi9u90.jpg

GSwJbNv.jpg

JMrcqwK.jpg

E2CxtXP.gif

YHV2OaT.jpg

:thumbsup:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Uk1EyNW.jpg

Bloodline (2005) - czech survival horror.

Janky, but charming. Reminded me of They Hunger, though Bloodline is more puzzle/pixelhunting focused.

SnIxg86.jpg

SbwTFps.jpg

Mxv6xvS.jpg

VJm8jlJ.jpg

dRtgGqC.jpg

ZRwfiHu.jpg

HJTpSQW.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Finally met an enemy I can't defeat in Diablo 2.
My Amazon, Necro, Sorceress and Assassin made it past him (don't remember his mods, though), but my Werewolf Druid with 1700+ HP loses about 1500 HP in one hit from this freak's lightning bolts.
And what makes it even scarier is that another boss has Fanatacism aura which will overlap if I go to far south-west.

SeMMdD6.jpg

I think I'll just have to run past him, go south, TP and then reenter via a waypoint and take then go north, hoping to just avoid the bastard.

Turns out it wasn't his lightning bolts that were deadly, but for some reason monsters do insane damage if having both Conviction aura and being Lightning Enchanted; Conviction + Extra Strong is far less deady, for example. Seems like a bug in the versions prior to 1.10 like the LE + Multiple Shots bug.
Tried to take him down with a bow while spamming grizzlies, but he just heals himself so I lost patience.
My Werewolf Druid had the worst luck with the bosses on the two last dungeon levels of Act 3, and was the only one of my seven characters who had to leave enemies alive.

Beggar

Cipher
First time playing as chaos faction. This goathead is just done right, just like Lord Mazdammundi. Only two so far that I like. Egypt people are pathetic with that "I'm lord bla bla, I rule everything! rhaaaaa!" it's so fucking stupid
, just like most of the factions audio wise. BATTLE TIME IS FEEDING TIME!!! I EAT MY ENEMIES RHAAA!!! Are those made for 8 year olds?

Haven't enjoyed this barbaric onslaught and destruction since CIV4 barbarian expansion
badax.jpg

curds

Magister
e4iK7mC.png
bBIWZbp.png
fI96bu2.png

Replaying the original DOOM episodes with the intention of going through the top 100 Cacoawards. Shit screenshots, but I was trying to show off what I think is DOOM's awesome art direction. IMO DOOM, DOOM II and the various WADs provide simply the most fun you can have on a PC. Must have played through Knee Deep in the Dead about 8 times, and it never gets old for me.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The writing in this game is cringey as fuck. Like something made by a "smart" redditor :/

Planescape: Torment stands head and shoulders above all these "le funny writing" RPGs praised for their writing. I wanted to try out Disco Elysium but this is just one of many screenshots I've seen where the writing tries to be anything else than "funny".

HansDampf

Arcane
Planescape: Torment stands head and shoulders above all these "le funny writing" RPGs praised for their writing. I wanted to try out Disco Elysium but this is just one of many screenshots I've seen where the writing tries to be anything else than "funny".
It's more tempting to post the funny shit for a quick laugh than the more serious iamsosmrt shit. Like when you have to pass a volition check to overcome your own shame to ask a rich woman for money. I thought that was neat.

But I also like the humor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom