Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Harthwain

Magister
I see you joined a week ago. The Codex is worse for having you here, Harthwain.
c9e1095062393a24dab581243efc2de1caad68a4a78377fcb4a8fe54472060f1.jpg

Harthwain

Magister

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Larian did good job on D:OS series,
Wrong forum mate,try out rpgwatch.
Am I disrupting your echo chamber? Invading your safe space? Live with it.

I G N O R E
Instruction unclear. Do you want him to ignore me? Me to ignore him? Do you mean you put me on ignore (if so, you seem to have failed)? Is this some sort of a cry for help? Should I care?
Only cucks ignore.

Terenty

Liturgist
I never saw Bloodlines as something exceptional, but that's probably because I played it very, very long time after it was released

I never saw it as something exceptional when i played it in 2005, except maybe for the atmosphere. It looks ugly, plays like an alpha version, animation is junky as hell, the latter parts of the game are just facepalm bad. The thing that is mostly praised here, the writing ,even that is mediocre. Almost every character is an exposition dump for the player and i'm not saying it to be edgy, its simply truth.

Fallout 1 and Arcanum destroys this game on every level. I can replay them every year, whereas Vampire i dropped last time i tried

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I looked at those ARG riddles and was like wow, this is sheer nonsense. I guess I need to read the tutorial to be able to speak that language at all.

Namesake

Novice
Disco Elysium has killed this game. Aborted it. Never gave it a chance.

How?

One of the best things about DE is how grounded it feels. It's heart breakingly genuine in it's prose and setting. It may have it's own agendas and opinions, but the writers allow their opponents to have their talking points, it allows you to lean into playing a character with opinions you might actually secret hold.

Now imagine these writers.

Imagine them reading over Brian's work and seeing a character talk about the "cock carousel". Watch how their NPC programming gets stuck in a while-loop.

"Excuse me Brian, this line here, about the 'cock carousel'... is that really necessary? Do we need this? I feel like we're alienating women who might feel offended by this line. Are you sure you want to offend people?"

Deleted.

Now run that simulation across the entire VTMB2 script. Nothing edgy remains. Nothing interesting remains. No actual both-sided socio-political commentary is allowed to remain.

What is a VTMB game without it's dark and grounded writing? Shit.

Disco Elysium has killed this game.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I did all of them but got no points. Oh well.

Did you do the new Tender quests too? https://app.tenderbeta.com/

If so, it might just take a while.
No new tender quests had ever shown up when I checked this morning (a day or so after finishing). Turns out I had to log out and back in (of tender, specifically... doing so with the paradox/bloodlines account had no effect) before it caught up with my progress.

J1M

Arcane
SENIOR NARRATIVE DESIGNER - :prosper:

I guess that's a few thousand more a year better than junior narrative designer?
Yeah. Also, when you ask for a promotion but they don't want to let you touch the game systems. :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if most of this job boiled down to editing the story to adapt it to scope cuts and gameplay changes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

"ORIGINAL DO NOT STEAL" Paradox going to trademark this thing: https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018167927

VAMILY

Goods and services
  • 9 Mobile apps; Media content.
  • 25 Clothing; Footwear; Headgear; Parts of clothing, footwear and headgear.
  • 28 Toy figures; Collectable toy figures; Toy action figures.
  • 35 Merchandising; Product merchandising.
  • 38 Video, audio and television streaming services; Streaming of television over the Internet; Streaming of audio material on the internet; Streaming of video material on the internet; Streaming audio and video material on the Internet.
  • 41 Organisation of entertainment events; Audio, video and multimedia production, and photography; Organisation of conferences, exhibitions and competitions; Video game services; Arcade game services; Arranging and conducting of entertainment activities; Arranging and conducting of entertainment events; Arranging and conducting of live entertainment events; [...]

Harthwain

Magister

[...]

Not necessarily.

While the good writing is good (obviously) I disagree with saying it's all that Bloodlines could do in order to succeed. VtM in general is all about Vampires and upholding the Masquerade. So you could make the game to be more about that, with key gameplay elements all focused around this aspect of the setting. The real question then is how good these aspect will be in the end. If they are decent, the game might just make it, even with mediocre writing. The ultimate issue, I think, is how to design the whole thing well in a video game. Will following Bloodlines 1 template be enough? We shall see...

Vincente

Arbiter

How?

One of the best things about DE is how grounded it feels. It's heart breakingly genuine in it's prose and setting. It may have it's own agendas and opinions, but the writers allow their opponents to have their talking points, it allows you to lean into playing a character with opinions you might actually secret hold.

Now imagine Cara Ellison.

Imagine her reading over Brian's work and seeing a character talk about the "cock carousel". Watch how her feminist NPC programming gets stuck in a while-loop. See how her mind immediately runs to her journalist and other limp wristed friend groups who are just so jazzed that she's finally working on a game and can't wait to see how many cool agendas and safe space sentences she gets to write.

"Excuse me Brian, this line here, about the 'cock carousel'... is that really necessary? Do we need this? I feel like we're alienating women who might feel offended by this line. Are you sure you want to offend people?"

Deleted.

Now run that simulation across the entire VTMB2 script. Nothing edgy remains. Nothing interesting remains. No actual both-sided socio-political commentary is allowed to remain.

go back to your containment thread we have enough of your kind running around sucking each other to disco elysium

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Some of the questions Brian Mitsoda has answered:

Can vampires have sex?
Can vampires go to the toilet?
Can vampires get high?

Those aren't even the worst ones. Pretty degenerate, but also funny.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Gman lives had a nice recent video on the older classic. Here's hoping this game lives up to it. I had not realized the fanbase mod community existed for the game. I'm going to have to patch and check these modifications out.

Ah, pigtails and tits.

maxresdefault.jpg

I did find the old lady dying of a heart attack amusing. (1:50)

The latest patches, which I wasn't aware of. And of course their VTMBL Wikia
MDB VTMBL Mods
2019 Top 5 VTMB mods
Nexus Mods

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Some of the questions Brian Mitsoda has answered:

Can vampires have sex?
Can vampires go to the toilet?
Can vampires get high?

Those aren't even the worst ones. Pretty degenerate, but also funny.
I remember there were specific separate skills for both digesting human food and having sex so it's not news to me. Not sure why you'd call that degenerate though. It does make sense to have such skills from the perspective of playing as beings who are trying to blend into human society.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom