Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
What the fuck has 70 got to do with it now, 70 is the new 60 and so on and so forth ... I myself am 60 now and would hate and would hate to be cut slack because of my age.

He is still compos mentis enough to know how to rip off gullible fools like you :(

Fucking idiot !

Efe

Erudite
When i first came to this thread i thought lobar was on the road to becoming new celerity...
Until katana1000s made a surprise breakthrough and went full celerity. Now lobar looks very calm and collected in comparison.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just wanted to pop in and say.. when this game was first announced and they showed a few Unity Prototypes.. I immediately called out how this game is gonna be shit.

Infinitron was quick to lambaste me and shill for this game..

> Muh New Engine
> Muh Experienced Old School Devs
> Muh "Have Faith" arguments

Ok good talk.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
From Discord:

Hi guys, I had some chats with Fangamer this week. They gave me a rough estimate of Feb/March for the delivery timing, which factors in the manufacturing and production they still need to do for some of the rewards like the boxes and media (we've already done the figurines as you guys have seen). I'm pushing not only to move up that timeline in general but also to get something more granular as well so we can give you updates along the way. Will keep you all posted.

Wait, what? Now it's March? I thought the last estimate was summer. I thought everything was done and just about to ship out. I mean, not that I CARE, I don't even want that crap, it's just amazing how they got the date wrong by about six months again.

I'm glad they had some chats with Faggamer.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So much feels in here.

Oh this retard too.. was guzzling the dev's cock saying how this was gonna revolutionize gaming when all we had seen yet was 2 grey cubes banging together in a prototype..

Show me a quote or shut your cunt mouth, edgeling. While you search my post history, think on the energy you are dumping into your posturing and how it doesn't fill your void.

There is nothing so weak as casting aspersions after the fact.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So much feels in here.

Oh this retard too.. was guzzling the dev's cock saying how this was gonna revolutionize gaming when all we had seen yet was 2 grey cubes banging together in a prototype..

Show me a quote or shut your cunt mouth, edgeling. While you search my post history, think on the energy you are dumping into your posturing and how it doesn't fill your void.

"Show me my quote from a year+ ago or don't talk!"

"Don't search my quotes otherwise you are a loser wasting their time!"

K.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So much feels in here.

"Show me my quote from a year+ ago or don't talk!"

"Search my quotes and realize you are wasting your time."

K.

Fixed your low effort response. Every time you figure to engage me, it doesn't go your way. Learn.

Katana1000S

Isn't it fascinating how this thread is far more entertaining than the actual game? How revealing is that?

True, everyone is fascinated by a train wreck and few will argue against that, when you look at the first post here, the first few posts, it was potentially good news, a good successor to two of the best games of all time, some original people on board too ... what could possibly go wrong?

Then we noticed they were just playing with themselves, doing nothing for a good year or so wasting time, then the lies, the change of direction and panic as they realized a release date was looming up.

The turn on the official forum where the people like me and others who started with criticism as we saw where things were going were one by one run of the forum and then banned, it was sickening to see the usual shill fan boys who somehow latch on to a new game project grovel and act like braindead lemmings, some who to this day have not played a single minute of the game but supported it to the hilt .... I can never understand that sort of behaviour, it soon became a circle jerk forum, we have shill's on here too (like Efe) but nothing like it was over there.

Yes it speaks volumes that this actual thread is 1000 times more entertaining than the released and patched up game, this is free as well, so far more value, wish it were not so and the game was good, but its not, its dire, its shit, its boring and dull ... and a lot more negative stuff too, it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Efe

Erudite
don't worry fellow UA lover.
There is one last card to fall back on in face of all adversity...
Mods will fix it.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Isn't it fascinating how this thread is far more entertaining than the actual game? How revealing is that?

True, everyone is fascinated by a train wreck and few will argue against that, when you look at the first post here, the first few posts, it was potentially good news, a good successor to two of the best games of all time, some original people on board too ... what could possibly go wrong?

Then we noticed they were just playing with themselves, doing nothing for a good year or so wasting time, then the lies, the change of direction and panic as they realized a release date was looming up.

The turn on the official forum where the people like me and others who started with criticism as we saw where things were going were one by one run of the forum and then banned, it was sickening to see the usual shill fan boys who somehow latch on to a new game project grovel and act like braindead lemmings, some who to this day have not played a single minute of the game but supported it to the hilt .... I can never understand that sort of behaviour, it soon became a circle jerk forum, we have shill's on here too (like Efe) but nothing like it was over there.

Yes it speaks volumes that this actual thread is 1000 times more entertaining than the released and patched up game, this is free as well, so far more value, wish it were not so and the game was good, but its not, its dire, its shit, its boring and dull ... and a lot more negative stuff too, it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
You must be a backer. First burn eh?

Looks rough lol

Katana1000S

No I never backed it thankfully, bought it on steam when it came out (already on a discount) in the vain hope it might have been patched properly, of course it never was.

I'm not sure if Efe is trolling again with Mod talk? But its beyond modding IMHO, you can't put lipstick on a pig, you can't polish a turd ETC ... its just a disaster.

Silentstorm

Learned
I mean, maybe with a lot of mods, and more mods, and some other mods on top of that you can get a decent game, but we are talking about mods that completely overhaul the game into something completely different, to a point where the modders would have been better off just making their own game.

Katana1000S

Yes Silentstorm, those are my thoughts, it needs to be rebuilt from scratch, throw everything away and start again, even a better engine and at that point it's no longer a modded game but a new game and what it should have been from the beginning.

What we have in my honest opinion is not salvageable enough to make a decent RPG worthy of the original games ... no matter how many mods are thrown at it.

The whole tagged on "Action RPG" moniker they called it when they moved the goalposts is laughable, wall running and parkour, the cartoon look, FFS, this shite was suggested by the shills (Sandro was one I think, Sandra? Maybe) on their forum who proudly proclaim they have never played it ... just beggars belief :(

Actually, there is an idea, it wouldn't take much to turn it in to a comedy game, a sort of Bloopers Reel that was offered in Thief Gold where all the early build fuck ups were shown, that was kinda fun, that's the only way I can see this grim mess being salvaged.

Old Hans

Arcane
Yes Silentstorm, those are my thoughts, it needs to be rebuilt from scratch, throw everything away and start again, even a better engine and at that point it's no longer a modded game but a new game and what it should have been from the beginning.

What we have in my honest opinion is not salvageable enough to make a decent RPG worthy of the original games ... no matter how many mods are thrown at it.

The whole tagged on "Action RPG" moniker they called it when they moved the goalposts is laughable, wall running and parkour, the cartoon look, FFS, this shite was suggested by the shills (Sandro was one I think, Sandra? Maybe) on their forum who proudly proclaim they have never played it ... just beggars belief :(

Actually, there is an idea, it wouldn't take much to turn it in to a comedy game, a sort of Bloopers Reel that was offered in Thief Gold where all the early build fuck ups were shown, that was kinda fun, that's the only way I can see this grim mess being salvaged.

the entirety of underworld ascendent is the blooper reel

Efe

Erudite
suddenly im struck with urge to get more UA but low on hdd space...
what happened to book? is it out? anyone here can share it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom