Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blackmill

Scholar
If any one is looking for an excuse to start another playthrough, there's a new early game quest that's pretty fun. I think it was added this week, since I've never seen it before, and it uses Expedition mechanics.

ciox

Liturgist
If any one is looking for an excuse to start another playthrough, there's a new early game quest that's pretty fun. I think it was added this week, since I've never seen it before, and it uses Expedition mechanics.
Huh, might be one of the randomized quests, where did you find it? (Spoiler tag the answer I guess)

LJ40

Cipher
Huh, might be one of the randomized quests, where did you find it? (Spoiler tag the answer I guess)
Found this on Reddit:
Was watching FoxieBoxy's stream today and when she examined the woman's body in the surgeon's room at SGS it gave her a quest to find out what happened to her

Someone else said "several" low-level quests were added, but did not elaborate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/underrail/comments/ebls9h/new_quests/

Blackmill

Scholar

The starting dialogue event you can't miss. The area you need to go to is a little less obvious,

There's the map near the Junkyard where there's a guy who has been hurt by Burrowers in the upper-left corner. In the bottom-left corner, there's some lockers that can be looted. I noticed the wall was missing (blown up), and if you go through it, there's an entrance to a new zone.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Nenad
A lot of people say that Underrail is hard, sometimes even too hard. Did you plan to make a game like this, and do you think the games today are too easy?

Dejan
I don’t necessarily agree with the notion that Underrail is hard, and would say that it requires the player to be involved and pay attention. Once the player is familiarized with the game mechanics and weapons at hand, the game gets a lot easier.

Since the game expects the player to make the effort and pay attention, it can look too hard for new players.

When it comes to today’s games generally, I think we have a wide variety of games, thanks to digital distribution, especially when it comes to “niche” games. I think that people today have no problem, finding the games that they find hard or challenging.

You tell 'em.

Sykar

Arcane

The starting dialogue event you can't miss. The area you need to go to is a little less obvious,

There's the map near the Junkyard where there's a guy who has been hurt by Burrowers in the upper-left corner. In the bottom-left corner, there's some lockers that can be looted. I noticed the wall was missing (blown up), and if you go through it, there's an entrance to a new zone.

I always avoid that zone if I do not have the Doctor feat...

Xeon

Augur
I hope they add an option to traverse the pirate town even if you don't join them, don't mind having to pay entry fee every time I pass thru their territory or something like they said but at least the option to do quest there will be great even if you don't join.

The old guy seems to be able to travel everywhere even to the natives with no problems so hopefully we are allowed to travel at least to the pirates places after negotiations and entry fees or something.

From what I understand there is a native that isn't hostile to me but I couldn't find him so far, is it possible to talk to the native even if I kill the native villages and stop the native attacks? or will he turn hostile if I attack his people.

I read that you can't do anything concerning the natives and that they will always stay hostile or something no matter what. That kinda sucks, since it seems they made several named native NPCs so not sure why made them just to kill them.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Pirate base has awesome theme bre.

I hope that in the next expansion or sequel we will go to the land of cheeki breeki west underrail and we learn slavic alchemy. And i also hope that Styg will make it possible to make bulletproof riot shields (like WTF seriously, its a big chunk of metal that covers 2/3 of our body and it doesnt affect enemy hit chance) that can also be worn together with SMG.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Finally got some time for expedition. Fucking locusts man! And that is after the hives are nerfed from what I hear.

I don't get how their damage is calculated. I've got this god-mode plate armor that protects me from most forms of mechanical damage but these guys are doing both mechanical and bio which does not make sense. The mechanical damage is absorbed but the bio applies fully.

Is this a bug? Burrower's spikes, for example, are also doing combined damage. But if you block the spike the bio damage does not apply because there was no penetration to apply the poison. From the sound and animation of locusts, it seems they too are shooting spikes but they completely bypass armor with their bio damage and basically do both damage types simultaneously. How does it work exactly?

Finally got some time for expedition. Fucking locusts man! And that is after the hives are nerfed from what I hear.

I don't get how their damage is calculated. I've got this god-mode plate armor that protects me from most forms of mechanical damage but these guys are doing both mechanical and bio which does not make sense. The mechanical damage is absorbed but the bio applies fully.

Is this a bug? Burrower's spikes, for example, are also doing combined damage. But if you block the spike the bio damage does not apply because there was no penetration to apply the poison. From the sound and animation of locusts, it seems they too are shooting spikes but they completely bypass armor with their bio damage and basically do both damage types simultaneously. How does it work exactly?
Burrower attack doesn't do two damage types, it does pure mechanical damage and then applies poison as a status effect. If you fully resist the mechanical damage you also ignore the poison.
Locust attack doesn't have poison, it just does a combination of mechanical and bio damage. You need to have both mechanical and bio DR/DT if you want to tank both damage types. The helmet you get from the Aegis guys has 35%/17 bio DR/DT so that's pretty decent against them (not enough to block them entirely, but it helps a lot and it's light enough that you can carry it around and only put it on when needed). If you want to go all out you could also make a new suit of armour with biohazard vest or make leather out of heartbreaker skin, but that might be too much effort.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Burrower attack doesn't do two damage types, it does pure mechanical damage and then applies poison as a status effect. If you fully resist the mechanical damage you also ignore the poison.
Locust attack doesn't have poison, it just does a combination of mechanical and bio damage.
That's what I meant. The burrowers deal mechanical and after that poison, the locusts do mechanical + bio. It is the same attack from different monsters but it doesn't play by the same rules. How can a noxious spike be deflected by armor but still poison your body somehow? I am asking whether it is by design or is it a bug?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Locust attack doesn't have poison, it just does a combination of mechanical and bio damage.
That's what I meant. The burrowers deal mechanical and after that poison, the locusts do mechanical + bio. It is the same attack from different monsters but it doesn't play by the same rules. How can a noxious spike be deflected by armor but still poison your body somehow? I am asking whether it is by design or is it a bug?
It's by design.

Maybe the spike contains poison gas so if your armour blocks it it shatters and gets you anyway.
Maybe Styg didn't really care about the fluff and just wanted an enemy that did bio damage without poison, because those are incredibly rare in the base game.

Danikas

Arcane
Hey bros I just bought Underrail on sale and Im wondering what's the better option Classic xp system or Oddity xp?

Zariusz

Arbiter
I dealed with those damn hives by spamming them with sniper rifle out of combat in hiding. Actually those hives are so annoying (i had to go back to the camp many times for ammo and parts for fixing that sniper rifle, fighting tribals in meantime, and then coming back only to destroy one or two of those hives. Then cycle continues) that i left Underrail for almost a month because of them.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Hey bros I just bought Underrail on sale and Im wondering what's the better option Classic xp system or Oddity xp?
Oddity is the intended system. Classic is there for people who think grinding is cool. If you really like grinding you can pick it.
Classic is a legacy system that was more or less a placeholder from before oddity was implemented. It's only still in the game because there was no real reason to remove it. It works, but doesn't get any adjustments anymore. You level a lot faster on classic than on oddity as a result.

hell bovine

Arcane
I always avoid that zone if I do not have the Doctor feat...
The funny thing is you don't need doctor to save that guy. He only starts bleeding once you talk to him, so if you stealth downstairs and rescue his girlfriend, they'll skip right to the reunion dialogue.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Can someone guide me to a place I can read about timer aspect of expedition or how I can cheese the game to not worry about the timer? I am kind of paranoid about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom