Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

hilfazer

Scholar
Can't imagine how they'd fix it - they even resorted to cheating by giving bosses 10,000 initiative. :lol:

Virtually all bosses in Larian games have cheat stats of some sort. Usually armor, sometimes HP. Stats can also be way outside where they'd be for level.
Their NPCs aren't really system compliant and they don't attempt it.

In Divinity 2 it was immunity to all status effects.

Murk

Arcane
Because he was burning in real-time. :lol:

If you stand next to the dwarven statues in the 'Temple of Dunya' area while in a fight with the corrupted knight, the statues keep attacking you in real time while you are potentially locked waiting for your turn. Was actually hilarious to see my friend get into that situation.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's impressive they're still updating this after over two years.
They still haven't fixed initiative, though, or have they?

Can't imagine how they'd fix it - they even resorted to cheating by giving bosses 10,000 initiative. :lol:
Let's face it, with how the armor 'tanks' everything from CC to Damage, HP is almost a dump stat.

Also, there's this weird issue they never resolved about 'in combat and outside combat' NPCs interacting with each other.
I was trying to rescue a prisoner in the dungeon. During the fight, the enemy threw a bomb that created a burning field. This set the prisoner ablaze. Before I could put out the fire, the prisoner burned to death.

Why?

Because he was burning in real-time. :lol:
Letting each side decide which of his characters goes next instead of having your own characters compete against each other but not the enemy would be a good start (and renaming it tactics, so it makes sense that it is at the team level).

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
Genius part is that DOS2 has 1m words but at no point in game you feel that text is being dumped on a player, all those 1m worlds are integrated seamlessly into game world.

Silly Germans

The total amount is pretty meaningless, important is how much i am exposed to in a single play-through. If a game has half of the amount of text but dumps it every time
in full its going to be dull. If the game has a lot more text but only a small part is accessed in a single play-through it won't matter. It actually
increases replay value.
It would be interesting to see how much is accessed in a single run of D:OS 2 vs PoE II. Of course this only holds assuming that the writing in itself is not
bad already. Than any amount of it won't do it...

Atchodas

Augur
I wonder how many millions of DOS:2 copies they sold since release, since they keep selling well on every sale for several years in a row

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
With the amount of studios they found and the amount of people they hired, I'd say quite a lot. I'm curious whether these copies are being played or just bought out of hype.

Atchodas

Augur
They sold 1 Mil copies in first couple of months after release and have been selling very well ever since , 2Million is understatement and fake news

Btw Larian modifications or any other mod disables steam achievements so there is plenty of people who played the game further but got no achievement for it

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The last number they officially provided was "far over two million copies" from a press release for Mac release January this year. So it was not three millions at that time. Wonder how many more copies shipped with Switch. I'm imagining somewhere between 100~400K copies.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was just making a point, I wasn't suggesting they've sold ~2M copies. And yeah, those statistics are pretty good for an RPG, Fort Joy is not a small area. But concurrent players really don't tell us anything conclusively regarding how many people who bought the game actually played it because they might be the same people. Either way, 60% out of Fort Joy is relevant and I'm kinda surprised tbh.

catfood

AGAIN
I like this game because I can play it with my xbox controller :positive:
serveimage

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom