Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

kelkorkesis

Novice
Hard difficulty can be quite frustrating in Act 1. It becomes less frustrating afterwards. The fights are still difficult, but you get access to more and more spells, abilities and items, thanks to which your fighters will no longer be missing their targets 75% of the time.

This is true for unfair also. In my current playthrough on unfair, I just buff up and right click for most fights since act 4. But I've yet to see a RPG which keeps its difficulty of from early game.

Erebus

Arcane
Also you would probably notice when archer AI's would stop being forgiving and start targeting lowest AC char. Happens a bit later, around chapter 4 I think.

That can be a real problem in some fights. In others, it can be used to your advantage : if you make the targeted character run away, the archers will chase after him/her, even if it brings them close to your melee fighters.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Just entered HATEOT. My MC is lvl20 by abusing the skill check experience option in Pitax (unhappy about it).
While the companions got to lvl20 automaticaly in the house... mercenaries did not. Annoying bug.
Also, Honor and duty, the quest for the Lawful good kingdoms, is still bugged and can't be finished meh.

At least artisans are fixed, got all masterpieces.

Sadly noone knows where the fuck is Elemental punisher though (bow), did they remove it from the game?

Andhaira

Arcane
What's Avellone's new module like? Any good? How long is it and does it require a level 1 character?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's Avellone's new module like? Any good? How long is it and does it require a level 1 character?
Avellone's module is just a pnp thing. It's completely separate from the video game. Can only be accessed by buying the high tier editions of Kingmaker. I have mostly forgotten about it, due to how long it took to release.

Trashos

Arcane
Btw, not to toot my own horn or anything, but according to Steam stats, only 0.8% of Shitmaker players completed it on Challenging or above. So I guess just me and Trashos.

I always have Steam offline unless I am buying shit, so that was someone else.

Have you started your next playthrough yet?

Trashos

Arcane
The relative lack of mage duels aside, I have to say that I am enjoying my Wizard playthrough a lot. I especially like the ability to customize my spellbook through metamagic, and the need/option to specialize in different types of arcane schools. I am already coming up with ideas about how to improve my build for my next playthrough.

An idea: It would be cool if there was also metamagic that lowered the level of spells. Certain spells would probably need to be excluded so that we do not end up having game breaking spells on our lower spell slots, but generally it would lead to increased customization and fun.

On the downside:
- I cannot seem to be able to make the Quicken rod work. Spells just won't fire when I have that rod selected. The spells won't even appear above my head (as the spells being "readied" are supposed to appear). Anybody else having this problem? The rest of the rods seem to be working just fine.
- Despite focusing on a Disabler Wizard build, in the Pitax chapter I already feel the need to diversify towards nuking, due to the larger enemy groups.

I have specialized in Enchantment, Necromancy, and Illusion this time, but next time I will probably replace Enchantment with Evocation. The opposition schools are going to remain the same, Divination and Abjuration.

Delterius

Arcane
- Despite focusing on a Disabler Wizard build, in the Pitax chapter I already feel the need to diversify towards nuking, due to the larger enemy groups.

I have specialized in Enchantment, Necromancy, and Illusion this time, but next time I will probably replace Enchantment with Evocation. The opposition schools are going to remain the same, Divination and Abjuration.
Why not Conjuration? It starts off with pretty good disables and then acquires means for nuking.

Trashos

Arcane
Delterius, other than the awesome Chains of Light, I find Conjuration to be cheesy. The AI cannot handle its best spells. Thus, I am avoiding it on purpose. (secondarily, I also do not enjoy summoning)

Sykar

Arcane
The relative lack of mage duels aside, I have to say that I am enjoying my Wizard playthrough a lot. I especially like the ability to customize my spellbook through metamagic, and the need/option to specialize in different types of arcane schools. I am already coming up with ideas about how to improve my build for my next playthrough.

An idea: It would be cool if there was also metamagic that lowered the level of spells. Certain spells would probably need to be excluded so that we do not end up having game breaking spells on our lower spell slots, but generally it would lead to increased customization and fun.

On the downside:
- I cannot seem to be able to make the Quicken rod work. Spells just won't fire when I have that rod selected. The spells won't even appear above my head (as the spells being "readied" are supposed to appear). Anybody else having this problem? The rest of the rods seem to be working just fine.

In terms of enjoyment Wizard >> Sorcerer all day any day for me. I made 4 sorcerers and deleted 3. The only one left is my crossblooded half orc orc/dragon bloodline sorcerer due to the hilariously absurd damage. 70 damge first target Burning Arc anyne? As for wizards, Conjuration is my favorite specialization. Love those free DDs all day long. Longer summon duration is nice and the Acid Dart had some use in Chapter 2.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I was playing in Last Azlanti mode, having just finished Season of Bloom, when the game crashed when changing areas and the save got corrupted.

:x

If you play Last Azlanti, remember to make backups of save file after each play.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, HATEOT got ultra-nerfed. They replaced most of the Wild hunts with a few Golems... Why people still bitch about it?
I made a damn gnome illusionist mercenary (from the start) just to rape the hunts with Weird, and there no need, meh.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Btw, not to toot my own horn or anything, but according to Steam stats, only 0.8% of Shitmaker players completed it on Challenging or above. So I guess just me and Trashos.
I'm playing on challenging at the moment, but it defaults back to custom if you put character retraining option. That might also be a reason.

Erebus

Arcane
Finally reached the House. The scenes between Nyrissa and our companions are vaguely reminiscent of the confrontations between The Transcendent One and TNO's companions.

Still looking for Amiri and Harrim, but I've found the others. Tristian actually turned up, even though I'd killed him in Act 4, but then Jaethal killed him again. And I still don't know WTF was his deal.

So far, the Wild Hunt dudes aren't anywhere as numerous as I feared (from what I understand, patches have diminished their numbers).

Just killed the Misbegotten Troll. At first, he didn't seem like a big deal, but I changed my mind when he started repeatedly casting Heal on himself. My fighters barely ever managed to hit him, and I'm not sure how I would have managed without an alchemist to throw force bombs at his ugly face.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
If you want to know what is the blessing you get if
you give Evindra to Tsanna for a Lamatsu sacrifice.
It's +4 to strength (the tooltip doesn't mention it so maybe is a bug), +4 to constitution and +2 natural armor. All of this is permanent, pets get it too and stacks with everything!
Sorry Evindra, but 50 STR was too appealing.
If you refuse to sacrifice Evindra, you get half of it.
+2 STR, +2 CON, +1 Nat armor.
Tsanna best advisor confirmed.

edit: Incendax already told it nearly a year ago. My last playtrough was bugged and I never received the bonus.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Tristian actually turned up, even though I'd killed him in Act 4, but then Jaethal killed him again. And I still don't know WTF was his deal.

Meh. They could have least changed the dialogue to let "Tristian" seem an an illusion.

I finished the game today. Honestly, after all this time (last playthrough was in 2018) there are still bugged quests, missing tooltips (loading screens still saying "press UNKNOWN BINDING for").

Also sadly they nerfed HATEOT and I think they nerfed the final battle as well, which was ridiculously easy.

The DLCs were a bit of let down as well.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
r7pwiejzmz741.jpg

Edit: Some Cybepunk 2077 promotional poster in Asia.

Edit 2. Fuck. Wrong thread :)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom