Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Cat Dude

Savant
It is depressing watching a youtuber playing it like Dark Souls.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I can agree with some of the critics, but in the end, the combat works very well, is very fun to play and has the best pack of bosses in any action melee game ever.

Is there a boss rush mod yet?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Face it weebs, Suckiro is trash. Miyazaki is all washed up. SAD!

What is sad is what happened to Fallout franchise, not a great action/adventure game that unskilled players that can't beat it, or people wanting another RPG, think is bad.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Falksi

Arcane
The mother in law has been down today to bring her prezzies.

Sexy beeyatch has only gone and bought me this. Boooyah!

Falksi

Arcane
Not impressed with this so far chaps. Combat feels way more digital than the Souls games or Nioh, and it really lacks the demonic edge which both those games have too.

It's also too easy to stealth the game so far, and the actual bosses seem to go down easier to button bashing because of the lack of a stamina gauge, than they do considered tactics.

Only a few hours in (killed the first general now in that dream area), but it's got some catching up to do.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Not impressed with this so far chaps. Combat feels way more digital than the Souls games or Nioh, and it really lacks the demonic edge which both those games have too.

It's also too easy to stealth the game so far, and the actual bosses seem to go down easier to button bashing because of the lack of a stamina gauge, than they do considered tactics.

Only a few hours in (killed the first general now in that dream area), but it's got some catching up to do.
you haven't even fought a boss yet retard, that was the stealth tutorial and the introduction to minibosses

Black Angel

Arcane
I just recently discovered these videos, not sure if these has been posted before
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5zhOAf7tRrMMi1rH4c9VO46a2KP045vI

I failed a [Reading Comprehension] check on that Senpou Leaping Kick description saying it started with an 'anti-air counter' :oops: so that's why I executed an anti-air deathblow when performing it at roughly the same time as those hat monks jumping up in the air, huh...

Also, those cool stuff you can perform with Shadowrush. I've always wondered why Shadowrush exists when Shadowfall at least do something after the jump.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Black Angel

Arcane
you can insta kill the monks (and the headless shaman dude) the moment they jump just by jumping yourself. you dont need that move.

Sample A:

https://streamable.com/q5iyp

Sample B:

https://streamable.com/kxzv6

I know all that. Anti-Air Deathblow is some cool shit that's, unfortunately, not train-able with Hanbei so you're left to your own devices to experiment and play around with it. I guess some people also missed it because you can only get it from a trader who also happened to be a midget. Been performing it on those cocks when they jumped in the air and I deflected them, and also been trying to use it on Shichimen Warrior but it's a bit tricky until you get used to it, and also needing divine confetti.

I was just pointing out the fact that leaping kick, as per its description, started *with* an anti-air counter move, which explains why I automatically performed anti-air deathblow on those monks when I performed it at roughly the same time as they jumped, most probably because the anti-air counter interrupt their jumping move and makes them a target for anti-air deathblow. The video also demonstrate how the anti-air counter move works, though I'm not sure if he had anti-air deathblow at the time or not.

Sentinel

Arcane
you can insta kill the monks (and the headless shaman dude) the moment they jump just by jumping yourself. you dont need that move.

Sample A:

https://streamable.com/q5iyp

Sample B:

https://streamable.com/kxzv6

I know all that. Anti-Air Deathblow is some cool shit that's, unfortunately, not train-able with Hanbei so you're left to your own devices to experiment and play around with it. I guess some people also missed it because you can only get it from a trader who also happened to be a midget. Been performing it on those cocks when they jumped in the air and I deflected them, and also been trying to use it on Shichimen Warrior but it's a bit tricky until you get used to it, and also needing divine confetti.

I was just pointing out the fact that leaping kick, as per its description, started *with* an anti-air counter move, which explains why I automatically performed anti-air deathblow on those monks when I performed it at roughly the same time as they jumped, most probably because the anti-air counter interrupt their jumping move and makes them a target for anti-air deathblow. The video also demonstrate how the anti-air counter move works, though I'm not sure if he had anti-air deathblow at the time or not.

The video doesn't illustrate any combat art. It's simply a jump followed by an attack. A target doesn't need to be interrupted to be vulnerable to an anti-air deathblow, so leaping kick is useless for dealing with airborne peeps.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The video doesn't illustrate any combat art. It's simply a jump followed by an attack. A target doesn't need to be interrupted to be vulnerable to an anti-air deathblow, so leaping kick is useless for dealing with airborne peeps.

You just shat in the bed.

Your videos are showing the Anti-Air Deathblow skill.

That's how much you've played Sekiro.

Fucking expert.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom