Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Request: RPG Emptiness

Divine Blessing

Scholar
the initial moments after an extended period (standard: 10-14h) of sleep always collapse in the bitter insight of already-played-em-all (RPGs). over the next 7-11h of my work-out schedule (perfomance athlete) i analytically recall (and rank) the titles of my RPG career - always to the ever-same conclusion: fukkin played em all.

not a satisfying conclusion, one, that escalates in the bitter despair of something essentially missing (no, its not a deficite on females, as my Ex visited a fews day ago to reconnect (again), iam a model, my life is a catwalk and (female) audience is everywhere, esp. gymn), an existential crisis in my (as now discovered nihilistic) future prognosis on the genre: there is no fukking RPG to play.

despair is not a condition worth living, so post work-out i usually browse the media (while serving myself a 3h menu) for a small hint on innovation to ascend into a new perspective on the meaning of life or at least regain my personal purpose. always with the same result: fukkin played em all.
RPG culture grew a conservative echo-chamber, the debates on Codex as self-proclaimed RPG Bohemia r trivial re-reviews of reddit memes (derriere-garde per se) - there isnt any (relevant, as innovative) progress in the genre since Souls. those 10 years feel like a life-time sentence, esp. as there is no innovation on the horizon, no new systems to gamble, no new worlds to explore (dont dare to try to convince me Outer Worlds is a new world to explore, aesthetics r Kingdom of Amalur as Sci-Fi), no new stories to transcend - the genres design, the reward loops, its settings and narratives (yeah, C&C never happened) feel like Manic Street Preachers Motorcycle Emptiness on Auto-Repeat.

pls falsify me, counter-prove me, pls unbreak my heart, bring back the joy of Dungeon Master, Bards Tale, Deus Ex, Fallout, Daggerfall, Throne of Baal, Gothic, Wizardry 8, Vampire 2, Ultima VII, System Shock 2 etc., but i simply cant feel it (prognostically) in Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire 3 etc., as their teasers empirically feel like sex with the Ex...

so am i doomed to an eternity of RPG sobriety, like being sentenced to replay WoW over and over again?

iam going to serve me a 7. dish, as tomorrow will VTOL with 5h Heavy Duty block and another argumentation on why i cant install Kenshi (again), but maybe i simply dont wake-up, as lucid dreams r so much more Vanilla Skies than this (fukkin conservative) RPG genre...

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
the initial moments after an extended period (standard: 10-14h) of sleep always collapse in the bitter insight of already-played-em-all (RPGs). over the next 7-11h of my work-out schedule (perfomance athlete) i analytically recall (and rank) the titles of my RPG career - always to the ever-same conclusion: fukkin played em all.

not a satisfying conclusion, one, that escalates in the bitter despair of something essentially missing (no, its not a deficite on females, as my Ex visited a fews day ago to reconnect (again), iam a model, my life is a catwalk and (female) audience is everywhere, esp. gymn), an existential crisis in my (as now discovered nihilistic) future prognosis on the genre: there is no fukking RPG to play.

despair is not a condition worth living, so post work-out i usually browse the media (while serving myself a 3h menu) for a small hint on innovation to ascend into a new perspective on the meaning of life or at least regain my personal purpose. always with the same result: fukkin played em all.
RPG culture grew a conservative echo-chamber, the debates on Codex as self-proclaimed RPG Bohemia r trivial re-reviews of reddit memes (derriere-garde per se) - there isnt any (relevant, as innovative) progress in the genre since Souls. those 10 years feel like a life-time sentence, esp. as there is no innovation on the horizon, no new systems to gamble, no new worlds to explore (dont dare to try to convince me Outer Worlds is a new world to explore, aesthetics r Kingdom of Amalur as Sci-Fi), no new stories to transcend - the genres design, the reward loops, its settings and narratives (yeah, C&C never happened) feel like Manic Street Preachers Motorcycle Emptiness on Auto-Repeat.

pls falsify me, counter-prove me, pls unbreak my heart, bring back the joy of Dungeon Master, Bards Tale, Deus Ex, Fallout, Daggerfall, Throne of Baal, Gothic, Wizardry 8, Vampire 2, Ultima VII, System Shock 2 etc., but i simply cant feel it (prognostically) in Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire 3 etc., as their teasers empirically feel like sex with the Ex...

so am i doomed to an eternity of RPG sobriety, like being sentenced to replay WoW over and over again?

iam going to serve me a 7. dish, as tomorrow will VTOL with 5h Heavy Duty block and another argumentation on why i cant install Kenshi (again), but maybe i simply dont wake-up, as lucid dreams r so much more Vanilla Skies than this (fukkin conservative) RPG genre...

I see.

Alphons

Cipher
Fan- made stuff is the answer you're looking for:

Deus Ex 2027:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/2027

Deus Ex Nihilum:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/nihilum

I haven't played Nameless Mod yet. Redsun 2020 has good level design, but the story is really bare-bones. There were also smaller campaigns like Hotel Caronne and Terminus Machina.

Fallout Resurrection is more in vain of Fallout 1:
http://resurrection.cz/en/

I found Fallout Nevada more interesting than Fallout 2:
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/

Most TCs for Gothic are only in German, Polish or Russian, but there're 2 upcoming Polish TCs that are supposed to have English version:

Chronicles of Myrtana:
https://kronikimyrtany.pl/index_en.html

History of Khorinis:
https://historyofkhorinis.org/

Vampire 2

Clan quest mod is pretty good, adding a short questline for every clan, couple quests available to everyone, option to join Sabbath, new hub and diablerie:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
So yeah, having sex with your ex makes feel drained and confused. Big Boy experience here, nihilism and new perspectives on Life, let's speak about Video Games. This is a Psychological Thread, but I don't give a shit, because I have no psychology to speak of

overly excitable young man

What? Enough stuff is coming out, you just have to play it dude.

overly excitable young man

Based on the Top 101 rpg poll a time ago.

wlien44.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

I can look at each individual word and understand the dictionary definition but when arranged in this order they are unable to provide any meaning, I'm reading this and the words are bouncing off of my eyes.

deama

Prophet
You tried Disco Elysium?
Planescape torment? Or did you play that already?
Are you more of a gameplay guy or a story guy?

Could try the following which I like:
-Arx fatalis
-Divine Divinity (first half)
-Arcanum
-Alpha protocol
-NWN 2 mask of the betrayer, may want to play the original campaign as it will fill in some of the holes and give you a better sense of "journey to the story"
-Age of decadence
-Kingdom Come deliverance

I don't really know what you're after, are you just looking for something to give you an "intellectual orgasm"? Those are usually story heavy, and would probably be easier if you looked at other forms of media than just games. Or are you after the more "thinking" stimulation types?

What are you after, exactly?

Not.AI

Learned
Time to make the game you wanna play.

Could try the following which I like:
-Arx fatalis
-Divine Divinity (first half)

Yeah, first definitely play those two ... then also try Dragon Knight Saga. Then make the game you want to play.

Seems like that is what the Sui Generis guys are doing.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
What (the fuck) is this person talking (about) about(1122_l?
Pretty sure this is the thesis:
>i analytically recall (and rank) the titles of my RPG career - always to the ever-same conclusion: fukkin played em all.
>iam a model, my life is a catwalk

Replace "one look" with "one RPG."
The Divine One is searching for his magnum.

Perhaps vicariously living through RPGs to fill the void in a superficial existence was a mistake. Abandoning sobriety may help you revisit some former glories.

Harthwain

Magister

I can look at each individual word and understand the dictionary definition but when arranged in this order they are unable to provide any meaning, I'm reading this and the words are bouncing off of my eyes.
It's like reading Tides of Numenera all over again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom