Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Tigranes

Arcane
Ahhh yes. First a clearly vapo-shovelware 'holy shit someone actually named their product Black Geyser" "holy shit someone literally copypasted Pillars of Eternity UI entirely" "holy shit Dwarf CRUSHMASTER" - and now, over time, a significant minority of Codexers desperately convince themselves that perhaps this will be a REAL RPG can't be worse than pillows haha amirite

Just like that other wonderful game skeptics were skeptical about what was it sword coast something? Ah yes great times worked out real well there
You need to be under the effects of very strong drugs to convince yourself that this game will be even remotely playable.

The fact that half the readers thought that post was an endorsement of black geyser might explain a few things, yes

Theldaran

Liturgist
Dunno- the game is pretty, but then again POE1 also was.

What I fear the most is the combat mechanics. I'm sure they, being who they are (chads from old Austro-Hungary), can pull a nice enough story. The combat is more difficult to fix with that limited budget.

But anyway, these bums can probably get closer to the formula than Obsidian's rich cucks. Vienna is so different from California.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Unfortunately I think that they'll try to cover up the game's misgivings with some interesting story, which isn't bad.

But I'm certainly not expecting that they reinvent the wheel. It will probably be an RPG campaign through and through. And yes, everything should be closer to original BG. The mystery, the tension, when everything was new and wasn't covered by Gamebanshee.

I mean, they can always make their own BG2 in the future provided that this game succeeds.

Mustawd

I hope the Chinese don't take this over...

Watser , what can you tell us about the plans of your countrymen?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dunno- the game is pretty, but then again POE1 also was.

What I fear the most is the combat mechanics. I'm sure they, being who they are (chads from old Austro-Hungary), can pull a nice enough story. The combat is more difficult to fix with that limited budget.

But anyway, these bums can probably get closer to the formula than Obsidian's rich cucks. Vienna is so different from California.

The only "combat mechanic" you need is C R U S H M A S T E R

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
ov2ReFh.png

Trust the Austrians, they said :smug:

ironmask

Arbiter
I don't think 100,000 dollars is enough for this kind of game to be made. Maybe I am wrong. Atom team were still able to make a competent game with only 30,000$. So who knows maybe they will pull through but this will probably be very buggy on release.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't think 100,000 dollars is enough for this kind of game to be made. Maybe I am wrong. Atom team were still able to make a competent game with only 30,000$. So who knows maybe they will pull through but this will probably be very buggy on release.
Your game can't be very buggy on release if it's never coming out :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom