Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Absinthe

Arcane
You can also do Spell Totem + Multiple Totems Support + Frost Wall + Increased Duration + Faster Casting if you just want walls everywhere. Very obnoxious to move around though, but that's the point.

Conversion Trap + Multiple Traps + Cluster Traps + Advanced Traps is also a lazy way to induce in-fighting on demand. If you convert a rare mob with auras it feels amazing.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Looking at poe.ninja, this seems to be summoner league. Gay af, playstyle is incredibly boring.

Is there any top tier build that relies on nuking shit with spells? Directly, not a clunky mine setup or those cast on critical gimmicks.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looking at poe.ninja, this seems to be summoner league. Gay af, playstyle is incredibly boring.

Is there any top tier build that relies on nuking shit with spells? Directly, not a clunky mine setup or those cast on critical gimmicks.

Frost bolt and vortex/nova. Arc. Divine ire. ED con. or bane. Cold snap and vortex.

5k hp xDDDDD

Does it really matter though for bs one-shots? Unless you are running 10k es with CI that is. It's flicker, if you die you die (I didn't die in quite some time though, after getting used to mechanics and finishing uber lab) + it's not defenseless either. You got blind, phase acro, fortify, 5 buffed endurance charges and 5% reduced damage taken from ascendancy, 30% evasion on low life, a bit of armor and an IC setup. It's also on a budget, given enough investment (both time and currency) you can get it to 6.5k, possibly 7. It wouldn't change much though, considering the current mechanics you can do 99.9% of content on 5k hp, the last 0.1% will body you regardless (10k off-screen beams from white mobs in guardian maps, juicy morphs, T15+ legion rares etc.).

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am not enjoying the new atlas. I am currently stuck at white maps and I got no yellow ones to drop even with two watchstones sloted into two different regions. It seems that compared to old atlas this one needs more grinding. Last two leagues they made atlas progress much easier and now they revert it again.
I feel like quitting POE forever now.

Last Atlas I just played the game and bought some from Zana and progressed without much problems.
Now they just made it too complicated.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
5k hp xDDDDD

Does it really matter though for bs one-shots? Unless you are running 10k es with CI that is. It's flicker, if you die you die (I didn't die in quite some time though, after getting used to mechanics and finishing uber lab) + it's not defenseless either. You got blind, phase acro, fortify, 5 buffed endurance charges and 5% reduced damage taken from ascendancy, 30% evasion on low life, a bit of armor and an IC setup. It's also on a budget, given enough investment (both time and currency) you can get it to 6.5k, possibly 7. It wouldn't change much though, considering the current mechanics you can do 99.9% of content on 5k hp, the last 0.1% will body you regardless (10k off-screen beams from white mobs in guardian maps, juicy morphs, T15+ legion rares etc.).
5k hp and 7k make huge diffrence although 8k is ideal, so why your build is a jugg? you dont take almost any nodes from that starting spot on the tree if its a yolo flicker why not just go raider?

5k hp and 7k make huge diffrence although 8k is ideal, so why your build is a jugg? you dont take almost any nodes from that starting spot on the tree if its a yolo flicker why not just go raider?

I love thick men.

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

And knowing how the game feels at t15+ (not my first char this league) I actually wanted to compensate the RNG nature of the build and some of its usual defenses with a little bit of mitigation.

BTW anyone knows a good alternative to AMD's Relive? My setup runs the game just fine, but when you add recording to it, shit just goes haywire, PoE starts to crash every couple of minutes. Tried to record a T14 Clear but it's choppy as hell when packs start exploding.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Does it really matter though for bs one-shots?

Ah, it's good to know I'm not the only one who gets one-shot out of nowhere every now and then. "getting one shot by lolrandom bullshit" is part and parcel of playing this game, I see. And ofc, asking for something simple like a fucking combat log is nothing short of sacrilege.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Question: what happens when you kill Catarina? Does the Syndicate vanish or do they reset, like the Temple?

And yes, I know killing her isn't profitable.

Also, besides Hillock, Leo, Cameria and It that Fled, who else are the profitable cash cows?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I am not enjoying the new atlas. I am currently stuck at white maps and I got no yellow ones to drop even with two watchstones sloted into two different regions. It seems that compared to old atlas this one needs more grinding. Last two leagues they made atlas progress much easier and now they revert it again.
I feel like quitting POE forever now.

Last Atlas I just played the game and bought some from Zana and progressed without much problems.
Now they just made it too complicated.

My impression of the new Atlas is entirely the opposite. I'm level 91 in SSF and have so far built a solid map base up to (and including) T13 with no real effort -- and that's just because I haven't actually started running T13s and have been dying very consistently to corrupted rare T12s, so that's on me. My Atlas completion is at 102% or something. Maps just seem to drop more often, which I suspect is an underhanded attempt by GGG to make the new endgame more enticing for players playing it for the first time.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah new Atlas is dope.

Yeah I love the new system, way less punishing RNG with the influence system gone.

I always hated the stupid Elder/Shaper influence mechanic. Getting Uber Elder for the questline was always a nightmare, you'd have elder influence on almost all the guardian maps in the center, then suddenly Shaper would push it back and you'd have to more or less start over.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Ah, it's good to know I'm not the only one who gets one-shot out of nowhere every now and then. "getting one shot by lolrandom bullshit" is part and parcel of playing this game, I see. And ofc, asking for something simple like a fucking combat log is nothing short of sacrilege.
The devs keep saying its very complicated to add a log, because of *reasons*. I say bollocks to that though, a combat log that covers 90% of the one-shot cases is enough, and should not be hard to implement, since the whole thing with oneshotting is that it usually happens in less than a second.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

The devs keep saying its very complicated to add a log, because of *reasons*. I say bollocks to that though, a combat log that covers 90% of the one-shot cases is enough, and should not be hard to implement, since the whole thing with oneshotting is that it usually happens in less than a second.

GGG are rarely consistent.

On combat log, they've flitted between it being too hard to implement and other times have claimed it's because a combat log would give too much info away on mechanics etc.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I'm looking into rolling a second character. The grind got boring for me and I had no more exalt drops. I don't understand, while my char was just a yellow tier pleb I got exalts left and right from drops. Now that I can run t16 maps, other maps are the best loot I can hope for. No more exalts, not even from lab metamorphs.

Anyway, I'm thinking something with chaos inoculation would be more protected against 1-shot bs, no?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
CI is better equipped to deal with one-shots if you have the gear, or you could run a Juggernaut or what is called a Mana Guardian. The last is what I would prefer to play if I were to play something tanky (and play in a trade-enabled league).

However, my impression of one-shots in PoE is that most of them are avoidable, and quite often they aren't even one-shots. When I die to what seems like a one-shot I can mostly reason about it, and the correct explanation usually boils down to carelessness due to auto-piloting through the map. The only one-shots I truly had trouble understanding this league were those of Metamorphs in red tier maps, where it's genuinely difficult to figure out what the fuck is even going on.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So any of you want to share how you did the atlas at start to be able to get to red maps?
I did a few t5 maps and not a single t6 dropped..

Are you completing whole atlas or only running maps in one sector?

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm looking into rolling a second character. The grind got boring for me and I had no more exalt drops. I don't understand, while my char was just a yellow tier pleb I got exalts left and right from drops. Now that I can run t16 maps, other maps are the best loot I can hope for. No more exalts, not even from lab metamorphs.

Anyway, I'm thinking something with chaos inoculation would be more protected against 1-shot bs, no?
It's kind of a shame. Used to be, you could run cwdt+immortal call for 0.4s guaranteed physical invuln, which was a really great one-shot protection.

I suspect that is still your best bet, but it takes a lot of end charges (and gem levels?) to work properly now, so that takes some consideration for the build.

CI is incredibly gear dependant, but with top tier gear you can easily hit 10k+ ES with some fairly serious regeneration/leech to boot.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
So any of you want to share how they did the atlas at start to be able to get to red maps?
I did a few t5 maps and not a single t6 dropped..

Are you completing how atlas or only running maps in one sector?

I wish I could tell you I did anything other than play the game normally. I do take care to run a variety of maps (so I'm not a single-layout person) but that's always been my preference: I honestly did not strategize or try to do anything specific with the Atlas. Maybe try shuffling around the watchstones you already have, see if it helps. On the Atlas screen, the left-hand side vertical bar with the watchstone slots will tell you how many you need to spawn Conquerors in a given region if you hover over the slots, so make sure you stay within those requirements.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Your first goal is to raise atlas completion. Higher tier maps won't drop consistently at low completion. Low tier maps are being sold at banana prices so it should be pretty easy for you to get like 90+ completion.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Your first goal is to raise atlas completion. Higher tier maps won't drop consistently at low completion. Low tier maps are being sold at banana prices so it should be pretty easy for you to get like 90+ completion.
I don't buy maps in PoE. I didn't buy them even before when map drops were crap and I don't plan to start. I rather not play the game if trading is only way to progress the atlas.

Truth is that glory days of this game are past it. I am not into this speed meta. I played Path of Diablo before new PoE league started and had more fun with it.
I want a simpler slower arpg like Diablo 2. PoE was once that game but now it is for people with ADHD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom