Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline 2D Art Appreciation Thread

Shinji

Savant
Thanks abnaxus.

It reminds me of Clock Tower, the art is really good.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
i finally remembered the others
crazyrobot.gif

Ninja Destroyer said:
Wil no Dengon, kind of obscure

AoizlYO.jpg

Ninja Destroyer said:

Grounseed, a classic only because of its music

VCoF8bi.png

Ninja Destroyer said:
Taxi Genmutan. Game where you drive around -and rape- cute gurls.

Ninja Destroyer said:
YU-NO

duh

the remakes masectomy was a crime against humanity

Zibniyat

Arcane
I wish pictures ITT were of higher resolution, to use them as desktop backgrounds. :(

AdolfSatan

Arcane
If you want them to keep the pixelated texture, then just stretch them. There's no information loss, you're just getting bigger "pixels".

Or if going for a softer look, try with the different algorithms in image resizer. I recommend you try Nearest neighbour, eagle2x, or superSAL first.

There's also waifu2x, specialized in anime-style images, though it works for others as well.

J1M

Arcane
One of the few worthwhile GDC talks. If you have an appreciation for the technical execution of some of this old artwork, this video is an excellent watch.

If pixel artists had a guild, this man would be a master craftsman. The palette shifting shown at the 11 minute mark is mind-blowing.

Naraya

Arcane
I know it's silly to judge a game by its graphics but dear God, I swear I could play a bad game with a well-made 2D graphics. It just feels SO cozy!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom