Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Harebrained Schemes General Discussion Thread

Will HBS stay on the path of the incline?

• Yes, it will always stay on the right side

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • For some time yes, then it will inevitably fall

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • It already started becoming a decline

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • It is alrady a decline

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • It was never an incline to begin with.

Votes: 69 25.7%
  • How the fuck could I know?

Votes: 47 17.5%
  • kingcomrade in order to make well thought answers meaningles

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters

Generic-Giant-Spider

Well, he writes furry erotica for money,

Lacrymas, I think you need new friends. I say this as your guardian/second father.

V_K

Arcane
It's not like a horror RPG can't be done in Shadowrun setting. Think of Renraku Arcology, for example, or even some of Dragonfall mission (Glory's one or the one with rigger sadist). I'd certainly prefer one over a WoD game - vampires have been done to death in recent pop culture, while Shadowrun is still fairly unique.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
May or may not be related, the only recently applied WoD-related video game trademark that is not announced:

White Wolf registered trademark "ORPHEUS" for video game (as well as tabletop RPG and TV series): https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018108477

WoD Orpheus: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Orpheus

The last original gaming line to be set in the World of Darkness, Orpheus tackles the world of the dead following the events of the Sixth Great Maelstrom. A corporation called the Orpheus Grouphas learned and perfected the art of projection, allowing people who have undergone near-death experiences to leave their bodies and enter the spirit realm. The company uses these employees, along with allied ghosts, as agents, and contracts them out to clients for investigations into hauntings, fumigating raging spirits, and other spooky tasks.

Orpheus is unique among the World of Darkness lines, as from the beginning it was planned as part of a limited run, a practice that set the basis for newer Chronicles of Darkness games such as Promethean: The Created and Changeling: The Lost. Only six gaming books (one core book and five supplements), plus a fictional anthology, Haunting the Dead, were released. The Orpheus story is specific, and completely told through the six books, via role-playing scenarios, fiction, and a set of signature characters.

While Orpheus does tie in loosely with White Wolf's previous effort at the afterlife, Wraith: The Oblivion, it is not treated as a true sequel or continuation, although players of Wraith will certainly find parts of Orpheus familiar, especially towards the end. Orpheus is also unique in that other supernatural characters, such as vampires and werewolves, have no real place in the game. The Core book states that if, in your game you want them to exist, you can, but the Orpheus characters would be heavily outmatched as they are essentially plain, run-of-the-mill humans. The book also notes that the werewolves and vampires have done a good enough job of hiding from the mortal world, and Orpheus, at the moment, does not know about them either.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Dragonfall and Honk Honk were incline, so I'm expecting incline here as well. Even better if it'll be a WoD game.

680x0

Learned
How do you guys feel about Battletech after all these expansions and bugfixes? Bought it but haven't cracked the seal. The engine looks pretty and I like the setting.

Sykar

Arcane
I would like horror fantasy oriented game in World of Darkness, not in the modern world but in medieval-ish timeframe. Is there anything like it?

No problem, here is some pure medieval horror in a really dark fantasy world. Enjoy!
latest
:troll:

TwoEdge

Scholar
There's still one proeminent FASA property Weisman has yet to revive, and it's Earthdawn, which has horror elements. I've never touched it, but from its wikipedia synopsis: "In Barsaive, magic, like many things in nature, goes through cycles. As the magic level rises, it allows alien creatures called Horrors to cross from their distant, otherworldly dimension into our own. The Horrors come in an almost infinite variety—from simple eating machines that devour all they encounter, to incredibly intelligent and cunning foes that feed off the negative emotions they inspire in their prey."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's not like a horror RPG can't be done in Shadowrun setting. Think of Renraku Arcology, for example, or even some of Dragonfall mission (Glory's one or the one with rigger sadist). I'd certainly prefer one over a WoD game - vampires have been done to death in recent pop culture, while Shadowrun is still fairly unique.
Yeah but there's no turn and squad based Vampire game. Paradox is committed to saturating the market with Vampire products (VN, adventure game, action rpg)

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Its gonna be Mage the Awakening and its gonna be the best thing ever made.
I'd like to believe so. I think the horror of Mage tends to get lost. It should be very existential and Planescape-esque in its philosophical conflicts, in my opinion.

I think it's more likely to be Hunter, though. Just from my impression of HBS.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I would like horror fantasy oriented game in World of Darkness, not in the modern world but in medieval-ish timeframe. Is there anything like it?
Well, the first half of Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption is medieval before it jumps to 1999.

Mark Richard

Arcane
I would rather spoon my eyeballs out over breakfast and gobble them down with the cornflakes than give another penny to this company. Yes, Dragonfall was great. It was also six years ago. Their latest release defies explanation. Battletech's design is so nonsensical and utterly deranged that it threatens to break down your sanity and leave you a gibbering husk.

Huh, maybe Harebrained Schemes would be a good fit for horror after all.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
you come to a realm of urban fantasy

and dares to request some more medieval fantasy in yer plate

you are hereby dismissed soldier

There were urban towns in dark medieval time. I'm just saying urban fantasy can be wide construct. Misunderstood dismissed soldier reporting for duty.

disregard the cars
Medieval-villages-and-towns-in-France.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom