Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Database for CYOA-type forum games

TOME

Cuckmaster General
If only one had the time. If only...

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have read Zombie Apocalypse in about three hours. It's that easy to read and get into. Other works require a bit more concentration, though.

Generally it is tough to get started. I know because I kept a quest with 100+ updates in a browser tab for 2 month, not daring to start. But once you read a couple of updates and get invested, it's a smooth sailing.

lightbane

Arcane
Alternatively, don't try to read everything at once. Take your time. Sometimes, for reasons only the Emprah knows, all of your favorite writers will suddenly be busy with RL stuff at the same time, forcing you to suffer through some time without updates... Only to later on update all of them at once, as suddenly as they left. Which in my case it seems to be happening right now. :x

Nevill

Arcane
Who are your favorite writers? On the other sites, I mean.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
This took longer than what I expected, but I was busy being lazy with RL stuff to do so. Anyway, if you are curious I guess I could give you a list.

On SV:

- Arkanian. His Bleach International quest, in spite of being based on a mediocre manga, is quite interesting. He also updates regularly and his writing style is fun.
- Aemiral Skippy. A mecha quest with an original setting? Hell yes! Also, he's using it to playtest his own tabletop mecha rpg, which is like Battletech but without focusing too much on spergy details such as how running in a straight line on flat terrain can cause you to fall to the ground like a clumsy idiot overcomplicated rules.
- Thornez. His Possession Quest is an interesting one. There's not enough fiction in which the protagonists are the zombies, instead of being used as an excuse to show how EEVIL/stupid humans are according to the writer's point of view.
- Dreamland. He updates infrequently, but his CYOAs are fun reads, makes long and large updates, includes kick-ass music and are definitively enjoyable. His latest Quest is about Resident Evil. It's too early to tell how it will play, but I expect complete global saturation lots of ham.
- Talos. I like his Digimon Quest. Yeah, I know it's a faggotry/for-kids show, but the setting is capable of having interesting tales, as this writer demonstrates. He updates weekly and is not afraid to experiment to spice things up (such as switching POVs or having an extra-fast updating chapter, for when there's frenetic action). Unfortunately for now he has been busy, but supposedly he'll return to his schedule soon.
- Bob's Beard. Someone able to take something like Dragon Ball and write a funny and cool CYOA gets several points in my book. Unfortunately his quest is now in hiatus, but allegedly he'll come back soon.
- ellipsis. Because having a technologically overpowered main character break a setting with little effort is fun. His updates are also long and detailed, if a bit thick on technobabble.
- Arkalest. His custom setting is interesting, begins in media res and the PC is a mad chancellor. What's not to love? The presence of furries is a :decline:, but so far he has not focused too much on that aspect. In fact, the first time the protagonist spotted a pony horse, she appropriately freaked out and wondered what she was doing here. :incline:
- undead frog. His writing style is boring, but he seems to be a reliable guy, plus he's writing a CYOA in which you play as XCOM's aliens.
- wkz. His quest is starred by an atypical being (a sentient mass of nanomachines) and has his own custom setting. Sadly, currently he's being busy with RL stuff and hasn't posted anything so far.

Lastly, there's a RP I play, but for some reason people stopped posting without warning. The GM has RL complications and was unable to write for a while, but I assume he has recovered, considering he started yet another one of these prolific Fate Quests. I'm not sure if I should wait a little more, or ask what's happening. I'll give it another week before posting WTF is going here.

That's all for SV. Good thing I can read quite quickly. Outside of SV, there's EndMaster, from ChooseYourStory. I still have to read/play his other adventures.

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.ffproject.com/ - There are few gamebooks there, some of those are surprisingly good. My favourite so far are - Flame and Shadow in The North - those two are parts of same series and allow you to import items to next one. Also, Project Aon that allow you to play Lone Wolf series is also very good in terms of mechanics and choices. I suggest check those if you like that form of adventure. Program that containg gamebooks itself is called Seventh Sense.

lightbane

Arcane
Well then, by now everyone vaguely interesting has found enough material to momentarily escape from the misery of their lives entertain themselves with, but some that were posted here sadly had been abandoned or forgotten by their writers. One example of these is the Remnant/Xcom Quest, which the author himself confirmed he was abandoning it.

As such, I'm going to include two more Quests that deserve some attention, if only because they're Original settings.

- Kabbalah Quest

Description:
"In Kabbalah Quest 2.0, you play as a nascent Angel, newly born into the world. You have no idea who or what you are, and it is in this handicapped state that you must try and find your place in a world of nightmares and dreams. Will you make allies or enemies? Will you build a stronghold that towers over the world, or will you set out to find the truth behind your birth? The Da’at World has many mysteries, and perhaps the greatest one is that of the absent Angels. You have the potential for great power, but will you manage to realize it before you die?"

Comments:

Fun, imaginative and original (if a bit confusing) Quest. The author clearly exudes enthusiasm, perhaps a bit TOO much, since he updates daily, resulting in few votes each time. Nevertheless, I found it worth a read, his updates are short so you won't lose much time. Plus he allows readers (what few of them he has) to write-in their course of actions pretty often. He's also inspired by White Wolf's Exalted fanfics (???), but thankfully, so far he has managed to write believeable characters and not countless EDGY, 100% unlikeable abominations.
Lastly, although it is starred by an Angel, said Angel is way more aloof and less carnal-obssessed than treave's one.

- Crossville Hero Brigade GO!

Description:

Okay so here’s the deal. You, SV, are playing the leader of newest branch of a huge superhero organisation. You’ll be setting up patrols, recruiting local heroes, going on missions, and so on. Your goal for the time being is to make the Crossville City Guardian Branch a success. There will be villains, both mundane and super. There will be PR events to help bring up your reputation and fame. There will be social links (Maybe).

Comments:

Freshly started quest which shows promise, the main character is what once-was a promising super-hero with great skill and formidable abilities... Only to become the laughingstock of the entire hero community because of "the Incident". Since then, no-one took him seriously. But now we have the chance to rectify this mistake and regain his reputation. Are you bad good dude enough to do so?
Caution: It features beastmen and anthropomorphic animals, but thankfully no furries nor WW's werewolves. Should any of these things trigger you though, you have been warned.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
There is just too much stuff on SV. Enough to lose interest to any one particular quest. And then all just becomes meh.

Nevill

Arcane
There is an absolutely beautiful adventuring/puzzle game going on. Based partly on Portal. No actual portals, though.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...mystery-quest-with-kids-science-and-fun.28390

Basically, it's Sierra-style quest game where you look at stuff and interact with it. Bonus point, every player's actions are considered individually. You don't have to wait for massive updates or argue about votes! It's like single-player CYOA everyone is talking about, but with multiple people.

Eventually, the puzzles get solved and we progress through the plot.

Inf0mercial

Augur
XI Primarch 30k Quest, Intro
- Prologue -

The attack came from the skies. The Hrafnkel opened the bombardment, setting the heavens aflame, staining the gray clouds with a deep, bitter radiance. Hypersonic warheads carved flaming descent streaks through the shattered skies, and whole cities vanished into the searing whiteness of the lance strikes that followed. The thunder reached across the world, a titan-fist that shattered windows and pounded at walls. It was the scream of the wounded planet, and the deep, hungry howl of its tormentor.

Before the rumbling echoes of the bombardment had even faded, the invaders came. At first, the dazed survivors mistook the waves of drop pods and gunships for particles of hot ash, until they drew closer, revealing their slate-gray hulls and the snarling lupine livery. A flight of roaring Stormbirds lead the charge, followed by hundreds of other predatory vessels, blasting out landing sites with salvos of missiles and buzzing arcs of cannon fire. The vox howled with baying static as the warriors of the Vlka Fenryka leapt down from assault ramps and surged through the burning capital. Heavy landers followed, disgorging rank upon rank of Predators, Land Raiders and Spartan Assault Tanks that mowed down anyone foolish enough to reveal themselves.

Resistance was meager. This was the homeworld of the II Legion, but most of the legion had been sent away, so that they might yet live to continue serving the Imperium that had sanctioned their Primarch so. Only a few remained, those whose hearts could not be swayed, who were determined to die on the same planet as their gene-father.

Elias Seth watched as his city was consumed in flames, staining the sky a bloody orange, choking the clouds with columns of cloying black smoke. He could not hold back a tear from his eye as he watched his lands burn, and heard the death screams of his sons in his mind as the warriors of Russ cut them down with brutal efficiency.

Artillery shells and incendiary rounds burst against the voids of the Primarch's central keep, but despite the shield ignition and the electromagnetic flares of the bombardment overhead, the vox-hail that came was as clear as if the speaker had been standing next to Elias.

"Why?" Thundered the Emperor. "The penalty for rebellion is death. Why do you force me to execute my own flesh and blood?"

"I am sorry, Father, but there are no more discussions to be had between us." Elias replied, forcing calm into his voice. "For yours is the path to ruin, and I have already cast the first stone, though you may not realize it for some time."

The walls shook, and with a great shriek of rent metal the keep's adamantium gate was wrenched apart. Elias could see it in his mind's eye. Leman Russ was inside.

"Death comes for me now, Father, and though I expect no scribes to record the deeds of the Second Primarch, and no poets to cry out the name of 'Elias Seth', it still saddens me to reflect upon the hopes you had for my future." Elias said.

"So let me tell you something, so that I will not disappear without ever having done anything to bring you joy."

"On the Eastern Fringe, you'll find him. One of my brothers. One of your scattered sons." Elias said, shutting his eyes as the pounding footfalls and savage roars drew closer to his door.

"Let me tell you, of Ananda."

---

Main Thread.

Index:
- Prologue [Here]
- Act 1: The Great Crusade: [-none-]

---
Choose a Homeworld:

[ ] Auratus III - "Maghadan": With a largely tropical climate and high sea levels, the continents of Maghadan are splintered into a large number of relatively small islands, with some of those that are closer to one another connected by traversable shallows and narrow land bridges. Each collective landmass is split between hundreds of tiny kingdoms, the separation making unity a fleeting hope for even the most ambitious local princes.
- Effect: +1 Charisma

[ ] Silvarus IV - "Sei'an": A world of lush greenery, soaring mountains, and sparkling azure seas, controlled by a single empire whose seat of power is carved into the Everpeak mountain range that thrusts up from the center of the planet's two conjoined continents. Though the various successors had reigned somewhat competently for hundreds of years, recently the rulers - separated from the troubles of their constituents by their lofty heights - have become negligent in their tax collection, maintenance, and policing of banditry.
- Effect: +1 Intelligence

[ ] Cotes II - "Fucales": A world whose primary landmass is split between a half-dozen kingdoms, with few natural barriers between them to discourage constant warfare. With the continent torn apart by ceaseless strife, it is the common folk who suffer most as borders change constantly and monarchs levy ever higher taxes to pay for their military adventures.
- Effect: +1 Fellowship

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/the-xi-primarch-wh30k-quest.389276/

Main thread this authors doesn't mark this thread with thread marks so,

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/the-xi-primarch-wh30k-story-only-thread.389589/

This is the story only thread.

This is the same author as the Ork Warlord one both games are still going, he updates every couple of days but he is consistent and if he takes a break to rework systems or kill a Quest (only seen him do this once then he rebooted it like a few months later the earlier incarnation of Ork quest actually) he clearly tells you unlike some authors that leave the thread hanging for weeks on end before announcing it, considering his Ork quest has been ongoing since 2014 he is pretty good at not dropping quests. the ork quest now the Krork quest is considered the default canon path of the galaxy before this one so it can be changed but if Ananda was never found early it would have continued to the War of The Krork story line.

He has his own version of canon, mostly ignoring some of the more out there stuff like perpetuals and sensei, he expands on it in between updates when people ask, in this quest Ananda was one of the Primarchs in canon that gets killed for unexplained reasons best left to the imagination in 40k canon and one of the themes in the story is to try to make 30k not turn into a fucking shit show 40k knowledge is kinda required as meta gaming is rampant, there are a few people who are way to optimistic in the thread (too much Xenophilia) but they are a minority compared to realistic expectations of the majority. I would recommend reading the main thread as well otherwise you will miss a lot of the authors comments on the setting, only 150 pages.......

lightbane

Arcane
It's been a while since I posted here and I have a few more Quests that I would like to recommend for everyone who has too much free time but, for now, I'll settle with this one:
Raising a Dragon is Hard (DC Quest)

Exactly what it says on the tin. If you watched How to train your dragon, you know what to expect. If you haven't, then check the introduction:

It all started with a job.

You would call yourself an entrepreneur. Most others would call you a lazy bum. Either way, things start with a job a lot of the time. You've got your name in the yellow pages and you've made a fair few friends over the years, people who know you're good to do whatever they need done without having quite the arm-and-leg prices of the professionals and without screwing them over. It's not exactly an easy life, but it is a life, and there's something to be said for surviving purely on your own merit.

Still, you're mostly used to fixing up roofs, moving couches, or clearing viruses out. A scientific expedition to another part of the world? Whole new ballgame. But a new game comes with new rules and one of those rules is buku bucks for the guy who follows along with half a studio apartment and a camera. Which is why you went right along - 'cause two months in Africa exploring ancient tombs sounds like a pretty good deal if the return is enough cash to keep you afloat for the next two years.

What an idiot you were.

Approximately one week of way too much camping, working around a paranoiac named Anton, and getting shot at later, you were running through the jungle desperately hoping that the mercenaries you'd apparently pissed off didn't see the way you went. About two hours after that, you made the critical mistake of stumbling right into the center of their camp. You're not entirely certain what happened next, but you do know that it involved an explosion, a rock, and a stolen jeep. Using said jeep, you returned to the airport and headed home with all due haste.

And now... now you're staring at the rock you brained somebody with.

Except it wasn't a rock.

You ever have one of those "Oh Shit" moments? That instant of horrible realization that dawns on you slowly, like looking up into the sky only to discover that there's a tree slowly toppling over and it's going to land right on top of you? This was pretty much that. One moment you're going through your luggage, trying to keep your hands from shaking, and the next you realize you've still got an oversized rock and it's moving.

Cracking, in fact.

After a bit of panic, you decided you were probably best off placing the giant egg - seriously, it's only a bit smaller than your head - in the bathtub. Cracks slowly make their way across it, projecting from just below the highest tip of the egg. You dither about, unsure of just what the hell you're supposed to do, but settle for sitting there with a towel, a handaxe, and your phone set to speeddial the police. If it's a nice... whatever it is... you'll probably want to clean it off. If not... well, hopefully it doesn't kill you.

You breathe deep, letting the seconds tick past, trying not to let yourself be distracted by a fly buzzing about. The egg rolls slightly in the tub, thumping against the side, and you see the centerpoint of the cracks begin to push out, slowly, tentatively. Then the cracks suddenly enlarge, you hear what sounds like a deep-throated growl, and a head bursts through.

Your first thought is, of course, "Holy shit."

Your second thought though, is that it looks... surprisingly adorable. As it rips its' way out of the egg, you find yourself recognizing body parts and traits. Two eyes, scaly flesh, a muzzle filled to the brim with sharp teeth - but even as it tears it's way out it gives a loud yawn, and the yellow-ish goo that comes out with it gives it a disarming appearance. But as it rips it's way out, you come to a further realization - it's not a lizard, like you'd first thought.

A lizard doesn't have disturbingly thumb-like claws. A lizard doesn't burp out a dangerous-looking cloud. And a lizard most certainly does not have wings.

Still, in the end you're forced to accept the fact that you have a dragon in your bathtub. You feed it a chunk of chicken you had in your freezer, put your hand close enough to discover that it doesn't want to eat you and that it does want to rub up against you like a cat, and promptly find yourself sitting in your bath with a dragon in your lap, staring at your phone while wondering....

Now what?

Comments:

Freshly started Quest, I just stumbled upon it today and I had to recommend it. Mostly comedy for now, the Quest seems quite fun, but I don't know how it will evolve nor I know much about the writer. Still, it's the thought what counts. As the title implies, it has elements from the DC Universe showing up at some point.

lightbane

Arcane
:necro:

It's been a while, folks! While some of the CYOAs mentioned here are still ongoing, others have died, been abandoned or (rarely) completed. The last one mentioned in the previous post was abandoned, to quote an example.
Nevertheless, I would like to mention a few Quests/CYOAs which I believe they're worth reading.

Paths of the Voidwalker
(https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/paths-of-the-voidwalker.441145/)

A SB Quest in which you play as an eldritch entity who likes to employ 'remote bodies' to explore universes and do whatever the hell they want, uncaring of petty things like mortality and age. Currently the Voidwalker is in the universe of Warhammer 40k, fighting against Dice roll generators out to get him, the bad shit from that setting and even out-of-contest/other setting/s entities that for whatever reason are opposing him.

Required minimal knowledge of the setting and tolerance for change, since it's obvious that cannon will be changed forcibly. Also, it's an high-level, high-power Quest. The GM is a newbie, but he's quite good and starving for attention/new readers, so it's okay.

Intro post:

You wake up from deep and seemingly endless slumber. Void, emptiness in between, welcomes you once again. Somewhere far away, through dense darkness of hollow space, you see faint glimmers of light... a sign that creation still exists, Yggdrasil stands tall and multiverse awaits.

You are at peace. After all this is your home. Your avatars may visit thousands of worlds, forge countless bonds and spent millennia's among different civilizations, but in the end you always return here.

Beings come and go. Conflicts flare up and die down. Empires rise and fall. The Cycle of life and death continues without stride.

Not for you.

You persist. You endure. You are not concerned with passage of time. You are peculiar entity without beginning nor end. You cannot die.

You are Voidwalker.

It is within your right to travel among the stars. It is your privilege to choose from vast array of roles and play them to your heart's content. You can be a conqueror, a peasant, an emperor, a hero, a villain, an observer... You can sit back at the sidelines and enjoy unfolding events or you can step up striving to change things. For better or worse.

Alas, you idly note while reaching into yourself, you realize that during your slumber your power, that you accommodated last time you traveled, became diluted. Some things, that should otherwise be clear as day, are hidden behind a veil in your mind. You don't exactly remember if this happened after your previous awakening. Nevertheless you don't feel too concerned. You think that given time everything will become clear once more... and time is a resource that you have in abundance.

In the worst case scenario, you will just have to gather power and knowledge once more. After all, every journey and every path begins with a single step.

You take a moment to reach out through the void with your cosmic senses.

You want to find a proper world to begin your travels anew.

Then it hits you. An echo of two events, both feeling so different yet bringing similar results of destruction…

First, you sense the birth of a foul god. It comes to existence with a scream that crumbles an empire.

Second, you feel a release of massive psychic power that, to the accompaniment of thousand dying wails, washes over galaxy and then... Silence.

It was an interesting experience, you decide. Whatever happened has also made easier for you to arrive in that particular universe…

...If you so desire.

3HamrW4.jpg

Voidwalker's True Form

Traits:

- Voidwalker - It is not simply a title nor just your name. It plainly and clearly states who you are. It defines you. A being that is not a god, yet it can be mistaken as one. You are capable of travelling across worlds, different universes, realities, and timelines. You are also able to survive end of reality. Your avatars are capable of living in the vacuum of space. Your avatars can ignore basic bodily needs. They also do not age.

- Existential Immortality - You cannot be permanently killed. No amount of firepower, otherworldly techniques, suicide, or multidimensional attacks can take you out. That also includes destruction of reality and time. You are somewhat like an Outer God in that regard. Concept of death is irrelevant. You can, given enough resources and sufficient power, be disabled for a period of time. Your avatars can still be killed normally.

- ???

- Indomitable Mind - In the multiverse exist a vast plethora of beings that would love to have you under their control. Thankfully you are immune to their advances; be it magical, psionic or any other. Your true form cannot be charmed, dominated nor made a thrall by anyone or anything. Your avatars get a significant abillity to resist enchantments, mind tricks and other such effects. Your avatars also ignore any form of mental pollution like insanity or taint.

- ???

- ???

- ???

- ???

- ???

- Weapons Mastery - Across the time and space there are multiple ways of granting harm, and delivering death. You are instinctively familiar with all of them. You might’ve never been the greatest soldier, but you always knew how to fight and defend yourself. Every weapon, no matter how exotic or unique, is known to you. Your avatars gain all types of training, proficiency etc. regarding tools of war that are present in the specific universe.

The One Ring (DC/SI/Quest)
(https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/the-one-ring-dc-si-quest.449040/)
You're a random loser thrown into the DC Universe. You are given the form of a magical ring which can influence its host and get special powers based on the particular host's skillset, but the only guarantee is that you're not mind-controlling them and they can AND will oppose you. Also, hosts are likely to die, switching hands frequently.

Intro post:

Hello, lovelies.

So this is a bit of fun. Basically, you, the people, will control the actions of a fresh SI into the DC universe. Now given the title, most might expect a Green Lantern gig.

I'll pop that bubble now. You are the ring, a simple gold ring. ROB is a nice guy like that, dropping you into Gotham even more so.

In the beginning, you have only two powers.

Call and contact. You will draw nearby people to be your host and you can talk to them...sort of.

Over time as your host does things or acts certain ways or might even have pre-built powers, you can gain something similar.

If you get put up with a thief? You'll learn to dampen noise, be more hidden and if you bond deeply, complete actions or fights or "quests" you can learn to go chamleo and more. Which you could pass on to your next host.

They'll be dice to detuct how boned your host is and sometimes you as well with encounters. Abilites can mesh and do over all but you need hosts. Overtime, given so many turns you have the option and sometimes forced to control a persons actions more and more.

But more on that.

This is a soft core idea and something to do while my pain meds take effect. First post soon but for now, ROB has gifted you a name, having making your own a blank space in your memory, which is...

[] Coyote
[] Abysal
[] Vartin
[] Weiss
[] Mithos
[] Suggest

ROB did say one thing before it all faded to white and pain.

"Become interesting. Make the bat worry, make the Joker frown, make the bloodied hood pace, the money men sweat and above all...tell them nothing. Your knowledge is your only trick for now. If you turn their gazes to me, I will unplug their world, you along with it. Have fun now!" he...she? They said with a smile.

Pain hurts and being torn away from everything sucks.

But you were a magical ring now, so it could only go up from here.

You are the one ring.

Lovely.

Omnissiah Quest (40k/multi) aka How to Rocket Punch Khorne in the Face
(https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...ow-to-rocket-punch-khorne-in-the-face.472087/)

Also from Warhammer 40k, you are the avatar of Technology and Machinery. You have seen how the universe is, noticed how shitty things are and said: No more. Time to fix everything. Play as a Robo-God with the intention of making good.
Obviously, it's also Wh40k, but you could say it's the "Anime Edition" of the setting. Watch out, light-hearted content and weaboo stuff abound.

Intro:

You are the Omnissiah. The God Machine.

You go by many names, Primus, Cyriss, MEKHANE, Autocthon to name a few across the trillions of existences but what you represent remains the same: Knowledge, Progress, Creation, and most importantly ORDER. Something that your home universe lacks. Normally you didn't have to lift a finger. You for most of the time simply whispered an idea to a inventor here, give a flash of inspiration to some philosopher there but such times are over. Chaos comes. Entropy comes. Madness and Destruction has spread and has sent existence itself into a death spiral.

That would not do. You are against it. You are denying it.

No longer will there be a second Mag'Ladroth who squanders his gift for petty sadism. Nor will you allow Adam to use it as a tool of tyranny. Already non-euclidean World Factories roar to life, trillions of war machines coming online armed with weapons that denied causality, that harnessed the very concept of [Deletion] to full effect, and your voice echoes the cosmos translated into every language spoken by man, machine, and xeno.

Few hear it, those that do either rejoice or recoil in terror. From your vocal system you transmit ONE word:

[ ] BUILD - bide your time, you are weak and must consolidate your power. From the shadows your presence infects even the corrupted Chaos Machines, every scap of data is available to you and when you strike? it will be to late.

[ ] DESTROY - Chaotic Daemon Engines, Machine Spirits, Drone, all fall under your purview used and abused by their master. It is time to show them their true master. As the universe recoils you will be busy gathering an army.

As the Dark Gods cry out in dismay you turn your mind to something important: Your Avatar. To have a presence in the materium you need to have something material. From your own personal workshop you prepare a form that will soon be carved into the minds of the machine cult.

[] MALE - Harem Protagonist Omnissiah-kun

[] FEMALE - No SB, you are the Roboto no Waifu

Even as you do your work your mechanical familiars spread across the galaxy, spreading the word of the one true machien god and in the rest of the Warp the spawn of the Four turn to see that silver automata have them in their crosshairs.
You might win. you might lose. But you doubt that any of the dark powers that be will win either.

Force Composition:
[] The Enlightened (Faith) - Divine Machines. Clockwork Angels to a Clockwork God. Your Daemon Engines. Whatever they are they wield the power of a level of science that is akin to Warp craft if it wasn't based on logic and reason.
-powered by faith
-Omnissiah 'Daemons'/Daemon Engines
-servants can grow in power and nut just from technological components
-few in number but powerful
-'Miracles' based on Warp Sorcery and Arcane Science (Technomancy psyker disipline available, chance to unlock others)
-Vote if you want Gurren Lagann tier Daemon Princes

[] The Iron Tide (Science) - Brutally Efficient Self-replicating Mechanisms of War. A simple way to explain an unending legion of steel that grinds down the opposition. It is not elegant or flamboyant, just efficient. Ruthlessly efficient.
-HEAVILY resource dependent
-individually weak but immense in number combat drones
-Cut off from the warp (no psykers or warp powers)
-Psyker Nullification technology
-can readily absorb and adapt to new technologies.
-Vote if you want Iron Man suits for Infantry

Starting World:
[ ] Daemon World - you're own personal world, floating somewhere in and out of real space and the warp. Watch out for vandals.

[ ] Forge World - a former Mechanicus planet devoid of life but still containing SO many technological wonders and goodies. Strange.

[ ] Dead World - a dead rock floating in the middle of nowhere. A good source of metal and that's it. The others can't find you.....but you can't find the others.

[ ] Death World - EVERYTHING IS TRYING TO KILL YOU. WHY DID YOU COME HERE!?

4. Meddling in the Affairs of Wizards and Dragons (CK2) (Modern world meets high fantasy)
(https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...s-ck2-modern-world-meets-high-fantasy.385894/)

High-Fantasy meets modern world Quest which uses Crusader Kings 2 mechanics, but minus the whole thing about inbred children.
More seriously, it's basically a strategy game inspired by Spellcross and the GATE anime. Highly recommended, although the QM updates infrequently.

Intro:

1937: Albert Einstein successfully demonstrates a proof-of-concept of his wormhole theorems, showing that tunnels in space-time linking two points are possible.

1939: World War 2 breaks out, and Einstein’s breakthrough is forgotten in the wake of the push towards nuclear technology.

1984: Analysts worldwide note a disturbingly sharp upwards trend in the number of missing children reports. Even more disturbing, there is no proportional increase in the number of missing children found again, alive or dead.

1986: Reports of strange monsters reach a level where they can no longer simply be dismissed as the ravings of lone crackpots. Unexplainable damage to farmsteads and other isolated locations, along with dead and missing livestock, corroborates the tales.

1987: The first photographic evidence of a monster is caught and verified to be genuine. The idea of the supernatural catapults itself into the public eye. Outrage sparks as the cause of the increase in missing children is discovered to be the work of squat, humanoid creatures dubbed “gremlins”.

1988: Several photos of assorted monsters have been taken by now, and the first piece of evidence as to where these creatures are coming from is found: An amateur journalist manages to take a surprisingly clear video of a gremlin disappearing through a glowing portal. Einstein’s research on wormholes is immediately dusted off.

1989: Scientists announce that they have managed to recreate Einstein’s work, and that they have located the alternate reality that these monsters are coming from. Being able to create a stable portal is, they believe, only a matter of time.

1990: Efforts to create a stable portal have succeeded, though not as well as had been hoped - while a portal can be established and held open for several days, the process is so complex and burns out enough of the equipment that the scientists believe they can only open it once per year. Now that a means of reaching the invaders has been found, an initiative is put together to find out more about the threat, and protect humanity from it.

Who is putting this initiative together?

[X] Europe. The old world. Land of myth and legend.

Advantages:

Albion, Midgard and Olympus: The heritage of Europe is old and steeped in myth and legend. Most of the creatures seen so far appear in folklore, and there’s a ready supply of professors that know their mythology. Effect: Bonus to starting knowledge regarding supernatural creatures. Easier diplomacy with supernatural creatures.

Technological superiority: Europe has had a heavy focus on research and development to give them the edge in a world where they are vastly outnumbered in population terms. You can benefit from this drive towards innovation, and you have the pick of some of the world’s best scientists. Effect: Permanent +5 bonus on all technological research rolls. Potential secret projects available. Greater affinity towards more rigorous and deterministic forms of magic.

Disadvantages:

One for All: The European Union is heavily bureaucratic and political, what with all those member states. With everyone wanting a piece of the pie, it will take more effort to actually get anything done.
Effect: -15% base funding per turn.

--------------------------

“So, we’re all agreed that this initiative is of the highest priority. That leaves the question then - who do we tap to run it?”

[ ] “These monsters are a threat to all mankind. They need to be wiped out. We should appoint a general, an expert in military matters to bring this to a swift conclusion.” (Martial, +Stewardship, -Diplomacy, -Piety)

[ ] “Are you mad? The eggheads have told us they’ve detected definite signs of intelligent life on the other side, actual civilisation! We should appoint a diplomat to enlist the aid of the natives in combating this threat! Can you imagine the benefits to our countries if we successfully brokered trade agreements with another world?” (+Diplomacy, +Intrigue, -Martial, -Learning)

[X] “This is an unprecedented scientific discovery, the potential is immense! We should appoint a scientist to ensure that we learn as much about this new world as possible!” (+Learning, +Piety, -Stewardship, -Intrigue)

5. Where Nightmares Fear To Tread: Overprotective Monster Quest
(https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...-to-tread-overprotective-monster-quest.33506/)

You are a monster with the intention of protecting a small child against all who would do harm, no matter the circumstances. HIGHLY recommended, it's a simultaneously funny and creepy quest in which all myths are true and the supernatural is alive. Moreover, the 'chosen' monster is The Boogieman, an entity that feeds on fear and made of shadows. However, that doesn't stop it from fumbling around and attempting to learn to read and somehow fail in the process.

Think World of Darkness and Monsters and Other Childish Things smashed together, but without pretentiousness, EDGY writing and implied psychopathy from the writer/s.

I would like to point out that the QM also makes his own pics for extra inspiration and he's quite good at it.

Intro:

The crayon glides along the sheet of paper before the child, scraping away with a rough noise as it does so. Movement after movement, a picture takes shape. A figure composed of a circle for a head, a rectangle for the body, and some lines for the limbs. The crayon dots down and scribbles a bit more, giving the creation eyes. A swift, curving line forms the mouth. The child looks at it and smiles, holding it up to the light to better survey it. With joy, and not a small amount of pride, they put the picture back down, grab a different crayon, and get to work drawing a similar but slightly larger figure.

These actions continue in a pattern akin to this for some time. There's helpful labels on each of the drawings as well. The smallest one, drawn in grey, is clearly meant to be the child. The two larger ones, one green, one orange, are likely their parents. The four legged brown one, made of ovals, is a dog of some sort. But there's something in the scene that very, very clearly doesn't belong. Something on the page, a nightmare made material. One needs only look at it to know that whatever is down on the page is a monster. The question that remains thus is why has the child drawn this? Why were they so compelled to draw a nightmare of this sort, this amalgam of features roughly placed on paper with colored wax?

But my friend, you know well the answer to that question. After all, the horror on the page? The nightmare they gazed at in order to put that down on paper? That thing they drew? My friend...

That's you. And you are going to protect and care for this child. Even if you have to slaughter everything preventing you from doing so in the process. For you are Nightmare. You are Terror. You are a monster. And there will be nothing that will harm this child if you have anything to say about it. Before we truly begin though...

What monster are you exactly?

[]-Vampire
You remember the child stumbling into your mansion's basement while you slept. You were rather taken with them and were rather cross when those men broke in after them. Cross, cranky, and still quite sleepy which explains why you did what you did. In hindsight, probably not a good thing to do in front of a child... (Starts with 2 Alarm, 4 Horror, 3 Trust, and 10 Satiety. As a Human-esque monster, you find it very easy to prevent Alarm being raised and to raise Trust. You feed on blood, human blood to be exact. You can not go out in daylight without thick, protective clothing.)

[]-Werewolf
The feeling of the wind rushing through your fur. Of your claws raking into the elk's hide, through the flesh, into the vitals. Of the blood, rushing across your tongue, the meat following soon after. Of the shock as you saw the child stumble into the clearing, clearly terrified at the sight of you. Of seeing what they were running from. Of the exhiliration as you struck it down, grabbed the child, ferried them to safety. Of making them some hot cocoa in the morning as they stared at you in fear. This... Is probably the worst kind of way to introduce yourself to someone if you're being frank about it. (Starts with 2 Alarm, 4 Horror, 3 Trust, and 10 Satiety. As a Human-esque monster, you find it very easy to prevent Alarm being raised and to raise Trust. You "feed" by transforming into a wolf-like creature and running loose. You are cursed to always transform at night.)

[X]-Boogie
You crept from behind the closet door to see the woman with the knife. Barely stopped her scream as you grabbed her by the neck with your slender, shadowy arms and snapped it, the noise muffled by the strange dark mist that makes up your form, a substance composed of belief, magic, and fear. You remember seeing the child staring at you and the corpse in wide-eyed fear. You probably shouldn't have panicked and started trying to puppet the dead woman to make them think they were dreaming, that was a bad move on your part you're not going to lie. (Starts with 0 Alarm, 6 Horror, 3 Trust, and 10 Satiety. As a Shadow Creature, you find it extremely easy to prevent the spread of Alarm, however find it difficult to raise Trust or lower Horror. You feed on fear in all its forms with fear you generate being the most filling. You have the ability to appear from any shadows behind people.)

[]-Abomination
The red sigils, the flowing robes, the gleam of the knife. A cult, with a book of magics most foul and heinous. A child, in the wrong place at the right time. The attempt at sacrifice. The truth of your being, pouring out and into the world as it ripped the cultists apart. Of the child's breathless sleep as you stole away into their body, pitying the nightmare they'd just been through as you walked the body out. You should probably have realized that humans don't normally wake up covered in blood but it's been a while since you had a presence in this reality, you can forgive yourself for forgetting to get the body to wash itself off. (Starts with 3 Alarm, 3 Horror, 3 Trust, 10 Satiety. As an Eldritch Being, you find it unfortunately easy to raise Horror and Alarm, however, the powers at your disposal make protecting and aiding the child absurdly easy. You feed on music, both listening to it and creating it. You have a number of horrific powers to unleash upon the world in defense of your charge.)

[]-Windigo
The biting cold and the pain it brings the Food is second only to the fear brought to them by the ceaseless, screaming hunger that is your entire existence. You watch as the Small One crouches, shivering. The Food that is threatening them moves to strike them, catching a glimpse of you leaping at them as they move to do so. Their scream is swift and short as your claw grabs them by the head and pops the flesh like an overripe melon. You fall upon the carcass, the meal small but enough for now. Watch as the Small One scrambles away from you, still shivering. You pause and think before proferring a piece of your food. They are hungry as you are, yes? (Starts with 0 Alarm, 6 Horror, 3 Trust, 10 Satiety. As a Windigo, you find it extremely easy to raise Horror, but Alarm is very slow to rise. You feed on human flesh exclusively. You are completely immune to most forms of harm and actually immune to the cold.)

[]-Angel
People always look at you in a weird way whenever your angelic body comes into an area. By which you mean they tend to start screaming and never really stop, which is frankly annoying. Being composed of a thousand perfectly geometrical shapes aligned roughly into a humanoid shape if that shape were similarly composed of nothing but eyes that exist in seven dimensions is HARDLY your fault. You're not the one who gave the apes the incorrect idea about the true nature of the angelic host. And you certainly don't know why this small child is screaming at you after you saved their life from the wolves. After all, there's a certain amount of splatter to be expected when you hit something with a sword the size of a tree! (Starts with 4 Alarm, 2 Horror, 3 Trust, 10 Satiety. As an Angel, you find it extremely easy to raise Trust and extremely easy to raise Alarm and Horror. You're not exactly hard to notice which means you're thankful for never needing to eat. Your powers are vast. So are you, meaning you're kind of slow in all honesty.)

[]-Grey
That is the last time you let a Xeno drive the fucking ship. One second you're out, drunk, collecting cows and making circles in crop fields to mess with the natives, next second Xris has crashed the pod into a primitive shelter on the side of a mountain. Worse yet, the moron got himself KILLED along with the rest of the crew! You're the only survivor, which explains why you got upset to find someone throwing a child at you. Really quite upset, honestly, which is why you pulped the ape's head. Who throws a child at a drunk, seriously? You hadn't been banking on the kid knowing advanced sonic warfare techniques though, nor on your computer injecting its map contents into their head! You're starting to really hate this planet. (Starts with 4 Alarm, 4 Horror, 3 Trust, 10 Satiety. As a Grey, you find it stupidly easy to raise Alarm but have a comparatively simple primary victory goal of fixing your ship and getting your FUCKING MAPS BACK! You can eat basically anything that's made of protein and alcohol. You're extremely advanced in tech and your lithe form belies how rawly powerful you are physically.)

6. Wuxia Quest
(https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/wuxia-quest.31854/)

What says on the tin. Inspired by the legendary Legend CYOA by treave, from the RPGCodex truly (and even explicitly referenced).

Intro:

This is the land of the gods. It is filled with boundless prosperity, with great integrity and honor. It's people are just and honorable. Its rivers flow according to the will of the Son of Heaven. The fields are full of life and reward the work of the farmers. The farmers are content for the Governors are just. The Governors are content for they are treated well and fairly. The merchants are content for the Emperor has recently allowed for even more prosperity from distant lands to flow throughout the land. The taxes have been cut and the spending of the Imperial Court controlled. The military is content for they are ruled by a warrior and general without peer. There have been no wars for many decades and the greatest engineering marvel of the world has been built; A Wall that stretches the breadth of the northern border, keeping the barbarian horde in check. There has been no incursion since its completion and it has been constantly been reinforced and maintained.

The Mandate of Heaven lies with the Glorious Emperor and the land is at peace. The excesses of the Court are stamped out. The eunuchs are powerless and obedient. The bureaucracy has been tamed and corruption, if it still exists, does not dare show its face. The virtues of an orderly society is readily apparent.
However, there exists a second society in this land. When men and women are filled with indignation at the fate they have been dealt, when they relentlessly chase an ideal, when they wish for more, there is only one answer.

The Jiang Hu.

It exists as a separate form of community. In this, the worth of your person is purely decided by your skill. It does not matter if you are the Son of the Emperor or if you are the son of a gravedigger, you are only respected if you are strong. It does not matter if you are male or female, or even in between, strength is the only path to respect.
If you wish for freedom from the chains of mediocrity, if you wish for power to control your fate, if you wish to seek enlightenment, if you wish for untold wealth - The Jiang Hu is the path.

To begin with; which of the following is true?

[ ] Strength is the path to true power. In front of true strength, all cunning fails. Valor without equal, Honor without doubt. The most well tread path, for it is the truest path. Crush all who challenge you, for only strength is path to victory.

[ ] Without the power to endure, all things shatter. In this fragile world, those who cannot endure cannot advance. A mountain remains a mountain no matter what. The wind may howl, the lightning may strike, the ice may freeze, the fire might burn, but with they too are all transient. Without endurance, all things are meaningless. Only endurance is the path to eternity.

[ ] Speed is the only way of life. Life without motion is death. Chasing light and dancing between beams of sunlight, speed is the purest expression of life. Dodge all attacks, strike before your enemies, to defeat a million with one. Only with speed can one be undefeated.

[ ] Only if you perceive your enemy can he be defeated. Perceive the way your enemy hides, his strengths, his weaknesses, his glory, his failure in a single glance. And this is your enemy your enemy no longer, for if you know so much he can only be your truest friend. To know the hidden heart, only Clear Perception breeds understanding.

[ ] Without intelligence all virtues are meaningless. If you know not where to strike even boundless strength can be defeated. If you can understand how a person moves, you shall know where he will move and thus can even the most agile of foes be defeated. If you are not in front of him then he cannot perceive you. Only with intelligence is the world elevated.

[-] Strength can be cultivated, speed gained, perception can be trained and in an instant can eternity be attained. However, without knowing why you move, how can you move. Without understanding your enemy how can you crush him. Without knowing who is your enemy, how can you understand him. If you do not know the self then how can you know others. Only wisdom can be gained and not trained. Only wisdom teaches you when to fight and when to retreat. Only with wisdom is your heart clear and your mind untainted. (Since only those who have the wisdom of either being suspicious of all things or the wisdom of using heavenly scripts to see this, it is required that they choose one of the other choices and keep this in invisible text when voting. Please do not vote for this truth and only mention it in invisible text while voting for something else.)

Furthermore, what is the highest peak of the world?

[ ] Only those who possess the Mandate of Heaven are the highest. To know that all the land is yours and that you are its rightful lord. To become Emperor is the true wish of all men, for only then are you unrivaled. Even the wealthiest must bow to you and the Immortals acknowledge you.

[ ] Only those who are achieve immortality are the highest. Those who transcend the cycle of karma and reincarnation and become eternal are the highest. For these are the ones who need no material wealth, bow to no one and serve only themselves.

[ ] Only those who are the most wealthy are the highest. Wealth allows for all things and rebukes all authority. Without wealth even the Emperor is no better than a pauper and with enough wealth even a pauper may become Emperor. With enough wealth, strength can be gained, loyalty can be maintained, even immortality can be attained.

[ ] Only those who stride on the endless path of martial arts are the highest. All things are transient but the way of the sublime path is unending and unbroken. The way exists in the broken shards of pottery of a potter who devoted his life to it, in the pure sincerity of pursuit of the summit. Those who seek the ever increasing peak are the highest.

[ ] The highest is the smiling, proud warrior who can take defeat and victory as the same, who meets three people and gains four teachers. The purest pursuit of knowledge, but an unending cultivation of the spirit. The highest is the cultivator who cultivated the self.

And what is the fate that lead you here?

[ ] You are a Kshatriya, one of the warrior caste and of the ruling family from the foreign land of Bharat who has come to seek knowledge from the Fire Sutra Cult.

[ ] You are the son of a medicine man and a woman of the Resplendent Phoenix Society seeking your mother who left you with your father.

[ ] You are the spoiled son of the General of the Western Gate. Your father dotes on you for you but remains far from you.

[ ] You are a scholar seeking a way to live, for you are destined for a young death. Born under a cursed star, you buried your parents when you were seven.

[ ] You are the son of a fisherman whose father miraculously married the daughter of the Easter Admiral. You are at home in the sea, for it is said you were born on the only boat that survived when the Emperor commanded the Sea against the Pirate King.

7. A Destiny of Strife, a Hollow's Quest (Bleach)

(https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/a-destiny-of-strife-a-hollows-quest-bleach.29076/)

Made by the veteran QM Talos, it's a Quest inspired by Bleach, in which you play as a Hollow, a shit-tier monster that is the result of a corrupted spirit going mad with grief and transforming into a cannibal abomination. Initially designed as a short Quest which would end with the main character's death or triumph in a setting in which everyone is trying to kill you, it has evolved to become something more, since its start the game has developed quite a lot (for not to mention the protagonist rose from "mook tier" to "low-tier Elder Spirit Ghost", so to speak).

It's recommended to know about the manga it takes inspiration, but not necessary, it can be understood pretty well. Cannibalism, paranoia and grimness are constant features here.

Intro:

Screaming agony pounded through your very being, as though you were being struck repeatedly by the hammer wielded by some angry god. You didn't know who you were, or who you had once been. All you knew was the pain, which took up your whole world. Swirling around you in a red mist, driving you to the very brink of insanity, and then beyond it. You screamed until your throat was raw, the sound oddly echoing across the street below the building on which you stood chained.

No one answered.

No one cared.

You were alone.

You collapsed, huddling into a ball as the agony found a new peak, rising through your body, tormenting every muscle and every cell, your skin burned, your eyes boiled, you felt like you would never survive, even though you knew that you were already dead.

Suddenly, the chain which bound you gave a metal shriek of its own, and shattered into a rain of metal fragments. Freedom! You surged to your feet, the agony pulsing behind your temple seemed to explode outwards, and you felt something solid forming across your face. Solid and cold, and the world shifted. Your sight vanishing, and being replaced by something else.

For the second time, you died. And in your place, there stood something else.

And it was very hungry.

_

Welcome to Hollow Quest, a short-term quest that aims to take on a brief span of the life of a new Hollow. The point of this quest is not to drag on – we're going to be playing for less than a few weeks of real life time – if even that. The objective of this game is to determine the viability of such short, ''flash quests''. By the end of your allotted time, you will have succeeded, or you will die. But then, such is the life of a Hollow.

You take control of a newly birthed Hollow, born from a trapped Soul who met with a horrible fate. The world around you is strange, both new and distorted. You're hungry, and alone. But you are not the only predator in this city. You must hunt down those weaker than you, and feed to sate your hunger, you must control your powers, and master your abilities. Enemies surround you – spiritually aware humans, fellow Hollows, and even perhaps a Soul Reaper...

Defeat and destruction are all around, and the only way to offset them is with your wit, your skill, and your power.

Additionally, and fair warning, we will be playing fast and loose with canon. Not that I expect much canon to crop up, but the disclaimer is out there now.

Finally, lastly but not least, I hereby present you:

8. The Light of Our Solus (RWBY)

(https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/the-light-of-our-solus-rwby.388207/)

You are an amnesiac boy which finds himself in a death-world setting, in which an endless horde of monsters is trying to kill off humanity. He has unique, supernatural powers that he's developing over time, and in spite of his lack of memory he's aware he's destined for greatness, unaware of his true nature...
EXCEPT, that is all an in-game lie told by the character himself to protect his true origins: An eldritch abomination from the void of the space which enjoys traveling upon different worlds, then experiencing life because why the hell not?

A minimum knowledge of the RWBY show is recommended, but not truly necessary. High-level Quest, the QM is a total newbie but he updates from Mondays to Saturdays, is aware of mistakes and eager to fix these and his spin on the setting is quite interesting. Of course, expect anime shenanigans and weaboo stuff. Watching the show is not truly required, but recommended. Avoid the 4th season though, it's mediocre-to-bad. Also, there are LOTS of RWBY Quests, so watch out.

The Quest has been going on for a LONG time, almost an entire RL year, yet it still has a lot to keep going. Player participation is constant and welcome, although there's the obvious asperg ranting from time to time. Luckily, there's no +1 SWORDS!-style discussions.
In fact, it has become so successful and famous it has eventually gained its own Lewdmakes, or, in other words, written porn by interested players. The latter can be found here, but don't expect impressive quality nor constant updates:

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/a-solus-experiment-omake-thread.4772/

There's no fan art yet, but it's a matter of time.

Intro:

Life, it can be such a wonderful and terrible thing. Some would give anything to keep it, yet some feel nothing as they take it away.
In this world we call Remnant, life delivers us all to the same end. In this world that you will soon to be born into, how will you live?
Who willYOU be?

[]Normal and Average
You lived an average life in an average house with an average family. Really, there’s nothing impressive or amazing about your life, but you can’t help but love it!

[]One Who Hunts
Born to a family of hunters, you were trained to hunt the grim and save those you could. Will you tread a path long followed? Or will you make your own?

[]One Who is Hunted
One of the many, one of the lost, you are a child of dark. How will you live now? Newly born and weak, will you die? Or will you feast on those little lights?

[]Alone and Forgotten
How did you end up here? That is the question you ask yourself every morning. Many would call you a terrorist, and you’ve recently started to think so as well. Maybe it’s time to leave, if it's not already too late.

[X]The First and Last?
A new being, something not seen before. Will this world accept you? Will you accept it? You are the first to appear and hopefully the last.

---------------------------------------------------------
AN: New to writing and Questing in general, any constructive criticism is welcome. Here’s hoping this doesn’t crash and burn too bad :p

-----------------------------------------

[...]

The First and Last? Is anyone else there?
-------------------------------------
The soul, the very culmination of one's being, it truly is a beautiful thing to see. The children of Man and Faunus, their souls burn bright with emotion. The Grimm, soulless creatures that hunger for the death of Human and Faunus kind. From an outsiders perspective, the Grimm's Victory would seem inescapable. Yes, no matter how strong you are, with an enemy that is both innumerable and untiring is it a wonder that most would call a fight against such an opponent futile? Then why? Why do they continue to fight? You ask yourself these questions as you wait.

latest

You are a Solus, a traveler of sorts. You've been growing in this world since time immemorial, waiting to be born. Your kind is one that travels the vast emptiness of space, time and other Realms? There are quite a few words that you still don't fully understand. Long, Long ago you were seeded on this planet, how you know this is a mystery onto itself, then again you poses knowledge that you should not.You know that when you are born you will have to discard your current form and enter the wold above. You know that you are the only one of your kind on this world? Galaxy? You wonder if a Galaxy is something you can eat, you also wonder what "eating" is.

How long has it been since you could last think?

Is it time yet?

When can you be free?

Why were you left here?

All these thoughts fly through your mind, you really can't wait to be born, you're sure life will be wonderful! You don't know how but you can feel that it will only be a little longer until you awaken. What will you be? As a newly born Solus you will be able to take the form of any being on the planet you've been seeded on. You can't wait! you'll decide what you want to be right now.

You'll be a ........
[]Human
There sure are a lot of them
[]Faunus
Some of them have nice ears
[]Grimm
They feel...odd?
[]Animal
The long eared ones look cool, but so do the flying ones.
[]A tree/plant thing?
So much green
Where will you create your body though? It feels like you should be able to decide this really easily, but for some reason you can't. Well, either way you want to be somewhere
[]Coldoulless people things? how come they aren't being attacked?
[]Warm
Lots of trees
[]Hot
Not many trees
[]Dark
This place feels weird
Even though you have no idea what that word means, you definitely want to be born in a place like that!

Ah...you're going....to..sleep...again. You can't...W..a..it to wake..up.
-------------------------
AN: Well, here's part 2, Choice #1 decides your starting Appearance and #2 decides where you'll start out. Hope you like it. Also, i have no idea how to write a girl, so gender is locked as male. Sorry :p

That should be enough for now.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I was about to ask where you go for your CYOA fixes, but then I realized Spacebattles forum is a go-to site. Any other notable ones you'd recommend?

lightbane

Arcane
I usually check Sufficient Velocity and QuestionableQuesting as well (the latter requires registration to access the NSFW material). Note though that there's no guarantee that a quest you're interested will have an actual ending, or even a start to begin with, Quest Masters tend to be fickle, if not complete dramawhores. QQ also doesn't have too many active Quests as well.

Speaking of which, I noticed that funnily enough it seems both SV and QQ have an higher number of obviously unstable loonies as part of their userbase than SB, even when the latter two were derived from Space Battles. Coincidence?

Nevill

Arcane
I have found most quests that interest me on SufficientVelocoty. There is a quest recommendation thread there (not very well-maintained, though - quite a few of the quests mentioned there died/completed/were dropped; look at the thread to find out whether it's active), so you might find something for your tastes.

If you are looking for specific quests, though, rather than places... that's trickier since it depends on your preferences.

Depending on whether or not Fate and Nasuverse are your thing, there are a few of those running that are simply gorgeous (Fate/Hollow Order and Fate/Heretic Crusade).

Currently I am also very invested in Bunraku (medieval mecha in post-apocaliptic fantasy Japan... yeaaaaah) and Forge of Destiny (Wuxia/Xianxia setting).

I am not very well familiar with SpaceBattles.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Space battles has a lot of well i'll call them legacy quests, like Sage of Eyes and his Geeks guide series, which has like 3 current quests in his system style by different authors.

He himself has like 5 of them done so far and is working on a followup to his Core quest a DxD High school prequel thing in the same setting wildly different chain of events and changes to the setting,

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...t-research-and-extermination-complete.330378/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/a-geeks-guide-rise.396036/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/agg-rise-2-rise-harder.448109/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/agg-rise-3-from-the-end-with-love.507116/

His current series.
Edit: He has more older ones i just could not be fucked linking them all check his old threads made if you want.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/iliad-quest-agg-alike-epic-cycle.503584/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/spice-of-life-agg-like-fantasy-original.511594/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...silk-road-agg-alike-alternate-history.464218/
People using his system in terms of perks and skills.

At the moment on Space battles there is a Babylon 5 quest that is a bit in, humans who left earth early super into genetic engineering, lots of information between updates and its like 600 pages can make it a minor pain to read,
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/splintered-circle-babylon-5-empire-quest.367018/

But the one quest i will always recommend forever is this,
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/war-of-the-krork-wh40k-quest-story-only-thread.322503/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/war-of-the-krork-wh40k-quest-thread-ii.432779/

Red Flag Ork empire quest i would read story only till you hit the up to date thread.

Overall Sufficient velocity has more quests made per day than Space battles but space battles has a lot old ongoing quests like Xander quest 23 threads in still 8 years old, literally mind killing.

Last edited:

Inf0mercial

Augur
Sage of Eyes have sort of wrongish fame in the circles of SV. Manipulation of rolls in favour of players and that sort of stuff.

??? Mate it's the system he adds all bonuses directly on and omakes give up to plus 15 combined with all the bonuses of characters you quickly have 60-70 rolls becoming Crits and rolling over.

On average he has normal rolls it's the system that allows bonuses to make crits.

In other words people like to cry and suck the fun out of things with no evidence, they don't bother to check the actual system out.

lightbane

Arcane
Sage has a terrible (for him) and good (for the players) luck. He's not an isolated case. Stewart's Quests feature the nicknamed "SamDice", in which the player character keeps getting Crit after Crit no matter what. He tried using different dice rollers and even have people in Rollz' chat to show his "curse" was legit.

Meanwhile, the QM who wrote that Quest about Orochimaru (Shed Skin) DID manipulate rolls to the players' favor, but I'm not entirely sure about the details.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
??? Mate it's the system he adds all bonuses directly on and omakes give up to plus 15 combined with all the bonuses of characters you quickly have 60-70 rolls becoming Crits and rolling over.

On average he has normal rolls it's the system that allows bonuses to make crits.

In other words people like to cry and suck the fun out of things with no evidence, they don't bother to check the actual system out.

Well, players are retarded sometimes, but allowing players to get so much bonus for the rolls - constantly - is double retarded. I'm not against the system like this, but for fuck sake, limit it to reasonable types of shit.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Sage has a terrible (for him) and good (for the players) luck. He's not an isolated case. Stewart's Quests feature the nicknamed "SamDice", in which the player character keeps getting Crit after Crit no matter what. He tried using different dice rollers and even have people in Rollz' chat to show his "curse" was legit.

Meanwhile, the QM who wrote that Quest about Orochimaru (Shed Skin) DID manipulate rolls to the players' favor, but I'm not entirely sure about the details.

There are rumors about Sage as well. Still, whatever is the truth - any vote/roll manipulation is lowest form of cheating.

Inf0mercial

Augur

Well, players are retarded sometimes, but allowing players to get so much bonus for the rolls - constantly - is double retarded. I'm not against the system like this, but for fuck sake, limit it to reasonable types of shit.

Enemies also use the same system so enemies regularly get multiple crits as well, its just a different system really where everyone gets super high rolls so it doesn't really stand out except in relation to other games, also players get absurdly lucky at times.

From what i remember Shed Skin had a lot of rumors of a changed roll but i never actually saw anything that was changed or anything anyone could point to.

lightbane

Arcane
:necro:

I would like to post one more quest that got my interest these days: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/just-a-game-developer-quest.772672/

It is quite optimistic (although there's lots of sperging in certain parts), and quite original IMO. Sadly, I barely check SV anymore, finding myself more and more disgusted with that forums once I realized it is infested with SJWs, commies and worse, the mods can and will break their own rules if it benefits them. I dunno if there's any quest here anymore worth the effort of dealing with millenials and similar idiots. I think that after Talos finished his Bleach Hollow Quest, I'll stop checking SV entirely. Nowadays I check fiction.live, since it has tons of interesting quests, as well as the archive for 4chan's ones.
I haven't bothered with Sage or any of the famous quest ones. QQ also has potential, but it is quite deserted and naturally it is all about smut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom