Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
has anyone here played OLR 2.5? i busted my ass on a translation for it in late 2018 with some dudes. it was good fun. it's the ultimate buildfag mod

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played Gunslinger and recorded some for my channel, yes, the stuff that is in looks awesome; yes, it will be basically pointless if there is no way to implement it into Anomaly/Dead Air/Your choice of popular hardcore mod.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I must be the only person on the scene not even a little hyped for this. Half the features that were hyping gunslinger are no longer at all unique to it (3d PiP optics for example) and ultimately its just a glorified weapon pack, one the author is making quite clear he will not allow to be ported to any other project. So... Vanilla CoP with new weapons and a 3D PDA. Thats what this is. Hard pass for me.

I don't get why some modders get so butthurt about their content being reused.

Typical modder syndrome I guess.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tried new version of Road to the North - story focused version of Call of Misery.
It supposed to incude The Armed Zone weapon pack, sadly - it's lacking a lot of guns.
There is Duplet, a double-barrel shotgun from Metro20xx with terrible (nonexistent) accuracy. And that's it. There are 2 revolvers while original TAZ have like 6?

ADL

Prophet

I must be the only person on the scene not even a little hyped for this. Half the features that were hyping gunslinger are no longer at all unique to it (3d PiP optics for example) and ultimately its just a glorified weapon pack, one the author is making quite clear he will not allow to be ported to any other project. So... Vanilla CoP with new weapons and a 3D PDA. Thats what this is. Hard pass for me.
Gunslinger is several years too late to the scene for me to care. Also Anomaly is getting a 3D PDA in the next patch.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Hlib_ren_06_2.png

high quality BREAD render from the gsc discord

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
i sure as hell hope they make an modding sdk. infact, i hope i'll be able to understand how text files are stored and used in stalker 2

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
i've been out of the translating groove for a while due to real life issues pressing down on me, but i figured i'd get back into by starting with something small: fixing up OGSR. yes, i know someone else did it, but i want a vanilla OGSR release that's all fixed up without any additional fan content on top

TKsJdWk.jpg

Tancred

Learned
Favourite part of Gunslinger - having to take off my entire suit every time I need to drink, because it has an integrated helmet. But I can eat through the helmet. Don't ask me how that works. Also gotta put my artifacts back on every time I re-equip the suit which makes the whole process a giant PITFA.

There's some kinda neat things but what they've pushed out was absolutely NOT worth the 4.5 year wait IMO.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I uninstalled it as soon as I saw the texture on the AKS74U was muddier than something from 2004. What the fuck. That, and it looks like there is a crypto miner in the files.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
And no actual 'gunslinging' in the gunslinger mod. No new revolvers and pistols, no sick-ass holsters for quick-draw moves, no fanning the hammer. Horseshit.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Ok NLC is both interesting and infuriating.

Lets start with the good:
- Custom engine gives SOC good visuals without going over the top on dramatic lighting like some mods are want to do.
- Custom engine also allows for a much needed rework of stalkers gunplay/aiming.... this feels, I dare say, the best shooting I've played in a STALKER mod. It also has 3D scopes, albeit not PiP (presumably to avoid the inevitable performance hit seen in other mods).
- Weapons are all very high quality models with good animations. Some of the best I've ever seen for STALKER actually.
- Inventory system is the best Ive ever seen. You carry everything in your bag and then if you want stuff to be easily accessible, you have to mount it/put it on various parts of your clothing, early in the game you get a tactical rig which allows for keeping multiple magazines of ammo and grenades at the ready and so on.
- The zone is deadly, and doesn't feel like a theme park as it does in some mods with too many people wandering around. This mod apparently has the highest anomaly count of all mods and there are huge numbers of mutants too.
- "hardcore" economy based - sensibly - around Artifacts, rather than MISERY's retard "hardcore" economy based on absolute nonsense and make believe.
- Artifacts are actually useful and worth getting. Even "degenerates" - artifacts with only negative properties - are still valuable for trading.
- AMK style artifact transmutation.
- Probably the most amount of C&C ive ever seen in a STALKER mod. There are often multiple ways to deal with a quest and your choices affect later quests/characters.
- unlike MISERY mod item bloat, every single item in NLC has a purpose, and its usually logical and intuitive.

The bad:
- The beginning of this mod is awfully unfair, and repeatedly asks you to eat shit and then laughs in your face for actually doing it. An example of one very bad beginning quest is the standard fetch an artifact for Sid. You will be very low on HP and also sleep deprived (so running very slow as a result) - which the mod doesnt make you aware of - and picking up artifacts barehanded gives a random amount of damage and chance to bleed, so its pretty much pure luck if you can make it back to sid's bunker and get necessary meds as reward from him before dropping dead.
- the mod does the opposite of hand holding - it instead literally asks you to remember crucial details yourself to the point where there is apparently a note writing function in the game. Seriously - no "quest" entries in your PDA, no map markers etc. You still do quests, but all the information comes from dialogues and items.
- the machine translation is very rough, and this is a mod that requires attention to detail.
- Changes to mutants are annoying. Boars emit a minor radiation field that stops you from sprinting, blind dogs have a psy effect that gets stronger the larger the pack, pseudodogs have an infuriating effect that throws your aim and vision off, tushkanos cause massive bleeding. Zombies, for whatever reason, cause hunger and deafness just from being near you. I'm sure it will get worse from here but i havent found out yet.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, NLC is like this.
Also for first quest I'm a;most sure it's not random, you probably could do something, more likely find something to get more chances to survive. Probably youtube know this.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
So uh, NLC 7 3.0 finally has a machine translation. https://www.moddb.com/mods/nlc/downloads/nlc-7-addons
https://www.moddb.com/games/stalker/downloads/nlc-7-build-30

Ive briefly played after finding videos of the mod very interesting. The machine translation is awful, but enough to know where to go and what to do i guess.

Are you the poster in the comments section for the mod known as "cretinous?" I had a good lol at your crankiness. Personally I would never play a machine-translated game these days. Life is too short and getting shorter.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
tried the gunslinger beta. single digit fps in skadovsk even on static lighting, 800x600 and everything turned off. cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom