Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearts of Iron IV - The Ultimate WWII Strategy Game

Delterius

Arcane
I hate that brazil so much.

Its like they think any state in the amazon without including all of Grão-Pará would be able to last more than five seconds.
The whole thing presupposes a similar development pattern without the rise of the centralized government which managed resources and lend institutional power to portions of a country whose geography is particularly shitty for inland development. If there was such a thing as an 'United Kingdom of Brazil' it wouldn't be just Sao Paulo + the south and the northeast + Minas just because those are the big states in our post imperial colonization rojects, post republican dictatorship-led corporativism. It would likely break down into a number of local state oligarchies like the US.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
First of all you basically can not have a land locked resource-based-economy nation that is independent. How the fuck will they export their massive tonnage worth of exports? Ans how will they manage any other kind of economy?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have HoI4 with most of the DLCs, should I play vanilla or get Kaiserreich or something? I have played before, but not in the last few months and never with a mod.

vd32v784cu841.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have HoI4 with most of the DLCs, should I play vanilla or get Kaiserreich or something? I have played before, but not in the last few months and never with a mod.
Mod.
Mod.
Mod.
Mod.
Mod.
Mod.

I would say this is the essential mod kit:
- Coloured Buttons
- More Division Icons
- Extended & Streamlined Production (sounds fancy, but really just adds more factory slots to productions)
- Puppet Manager (may be optional, depending on the overhaul you use)
- Player-Led Peace Conferences (if you could only install a single mod, it would be this one, screw the peace treaty AI, this is mandatory for sanity)

And in addition to that one of the overhaul mods:
- Kaiserreich, obviously, if you are into the alt-history. Undoubtedly the overall best mod due to the sheer amount of events, decisions, details. Only the research tree is too sparse IMO, too vanilla
- Road To 56, which starts historically but then goes bonkers
- Hearts Of Oak, which is like vanilla on steroids - if you don't want a mod that is too far from vanilla, pick this one

That said, I started playing using only vanilla and it isn't a terrible game on its own. I just don't see a reason not to improve it with mods. Especially with the essential ones.

State Transfer Tool is fairly essential, and I'd also suggest some music mods.

There's also a bunch of submods for Kaiserreich, including the likes of Kaisertech and !ZMM MoreVariants, as well as some waiting for releases or updates such as Dankest Hour, Home of the Brave and Kaiserredux. There's also Balkans Upgraded although it feels too much like 'choose your own ideology'.

However, I'd say the mod I'm by far the most interested in is Godspeed: A Flame for Winter.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
State Transfer Tool is fairly essential.
Why do you need this when you already have the Player-Led Peace Conferences?

I really hate that mods such as these are even required. It is terrible to sprinkle your game with tools that would just let you cheat like crazy.
But even the constant exposure to "oh, hey, don't you want to use me to give you a little edge nudge nudge wink wink" is better than the catastrophe of what happens by default.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Btw, I've been having some problems with the new launcher and mods. Is the new version of KR supposed to be for the latest patch?

Beastro

Arcane

Its like they think any state in the amazon without including all of Grão-Pará would be able to last more than five seconds.

CONUS is just as weird.

Do they honestly think without the Louisiana Purchase the US wouldn't keep pushing forward? Even before the 19th Century private American Citizens were trying to find ways of bringing French and Spanish land into the fold despite it causing diplomatic problems for the Federal government.

It's similar to the Alaska Purchase. Had it not be bought the US would have found some other way to get a hold of it. The only other nation they were remotely content to tolerate free of their influence on the continent was Britain.

CONUS is just as weird.

Do they honestly think without the Louisiana Purchase the US wouldn't keep pushing forward? Even before the 19th Century private American Citizens were trying to find ways of bringing French and Spanish land into the fold despite it causing diplomatic problems for the Federal government.

It's similar to the Alaska Purchase. Had it not be bought the US would have found some other way to get a hold of it. The only other nation they were remotely content to tolerate free of their influence on the continent was Britain.

godspeed_map.png

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Some kind of UK + France alliance of containment could certainly work if they decided to go this way.

Beastro

Arcane
Some kind of UK + France alliance of containment could certainly work if they decided to go this way.

America was too good a pawn to play with by the French doing unto Britain what Britain had always done to them. Once that era ended the US and Britain had too many coinciding national interests to make them be at odds despite their talk to the contrary.

About the only way they could be at odds is if Jefferson made a clone of himself that ruled as dictator after him for a good few decades and succeeded in his desire to break the trade of New England and force them all to be good Yeoman farmers like he hoped all Americans would become. It was that reason why he was so insanely hostile towards the US Navy and sought to neuter it, since he felt the only thing it helped protect about the US was its overseas trade, as if that was a bad thing.

Beastro

Arcane
Red tide is the most boring and pretentious mod hoi4 saw

Wait, these are real?

I thought they were some silly satirical meme people were making mocking this kinda thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom