Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
List of recomended Fan Missions:

u9xtf6k.jpg

Lore said:

SkTPFCm.png

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Also, any idea what I need to get to have water that looks like this?

woBinek.jpg

I tried the T(2)Fix enhanced water option and it looks a lot worse.
If you can't see through the surface, you're better off with vanilla.

nicked

Educated
Yeah, the installation instructions at least are slightly out of date now. I've been meaning to go through and update it. Might be something I can look at over the Christmas break.

Andronovo

Learned
What graphical upgrades do y'all suggest for playing the main Thief Gold campaign? I mainly just want to make everything less crusty without disturbing the vanilla experience.

Andronovo

Learned
Oh God the HD mod makes things look even MORE crusty. The zombies look like they're made out of dirty clay.

Don't get me wrong, I think you purist faggots are retarded. There's nothing wrong with upgrading an old game with new textures, AS LONG AS THEY DON'T FUCKING SUCK.

Last edited:

Mechs Delight

Educated
Oh God the HD mod makes things look even MORE crusty. The zombies look like they're made out of dirty clay.

Don't get me wrong, I think you purist faggots are retarded. There's nothing wrong with upgrading an old game with new textures, AS LONG AS THEY DON'T FUCKING SUCK.

But there IS something wrong with name-calling just because you disagree with them.

Andronovo

Learned
But there IS something wrong with name-calling just because you disagree with them.

Shut up faggot. All your opinions are objectively wrong.

:nocountryforshitposters:

In all seriousness, why does no one make a Thief Gold texture pack that just upgrades the texture resolution without making really shitty changes like massive oversaturation?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It looks like that's what I'm going to have to use. It looks a little weird and scummy though.

It is a Work In Progress, it may get better in the future.

And I second those who think you're being an asshole for no reason. The "problem" with Taffers like us is that we're all quite mature, we can debate and argue (almost) all things without losing our cool. Right now you're not. But it's a New Year, it's a New Dawn, so lighten up and be reasonable. :)

Andronovo

Learned
And I second those who think you're being an asshole for no reason. The "problem" with Taffers like us is that we're all quite mature, we can debate and argue (almost) all things without losing our cool. Right now you're not. But it's a New Year, it's a New Dawn, so lighten up and be reasonable. :)

I'm going to call you a faggot now. And I'm going to keep calling you or anyone else who pitches a fit a faggot until you stop taking me seriously. Really, who gets worked up about banter on the internet?

I hope and pray that the day comes when someone with good taste makes a COMPLETE Thief Gold texture pack. I doubt that person will be me though, I'm far too lazy.

Zenith

Arbiter
Only on newdark 1.26+. In cam_ext.cfg, set tex_filter_mode to 0 and comment out tex_filter_trilinear. Leave all of the options that are prefixed with lm_ alone because those are the ones that have to do with lightmaps.
Guess I should be reading the patch notes after all. Thanks!

Andronovo

Learned
Are there any FMs like Compulsory Egress? I haven't been able to find any they do that good of a job with the sprawling town and exploration feel.

pavis

Educated
Are there any FMs like Compulsory Egress? I haven't been able to find any they do that good of a job with the sprawling town and exploration feel.

Sure, you can try (with no particular order) for thief2:
  • A short night's work
  • Behind closed doors
  • Being thief
  • Bones episodes 1: the old quarter
  • Cracks in the glass (a coup de maitre for a first mission)
  • Morbid curiosity
  • Disorientation
  • Home sweet home
  • L'Arsene (Emilie Victor 1)
  • Shadow plans
  • A night in Rocksburg (1 and 2)
  • Waterfront racket
For thief1:
  • Most missions from the excellent Skacky and Melan (Between these dark walls, Endless rain, Rose garden...)
  • Some of the 20 years anniversary context: The Whistling of the gears, The sound of a burrick in a room, The burning bedlam, Lost among the forsaken (ruins)

Are there any Thief FMs like The Swing in The Dark Mod where you just jump, run around and mantle without any actual gameplay? Counter Strike's Jump or Surf maps come to mind... anything like that in Thief?

Edit: Yes something like this haha -

Last edited:

Andronovo

Learned
What FM's do the best FMs at nailing the pagan asthetic? They're a lot that have a little bit of paganism sprinkled around, but I haven't seen many that go all out with it.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
That feel when still playing Thief in 2020, partly because it's really damn good, but more so because nothing wholly better than it has ever been made despite it having been over 20 years since the original release.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
There's several dozens of games from that period you could easily say the same about. Fucking decline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom