Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

agris

Arcane
Patron
Low effort

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
"OtherSide Entertainment is a growing independent game studio with offices in Boston, MA and Austin, TX. We’re focused on providing players with innovative gameplay, immersive worlds, and engaging narrative. Our studio has a dynamic development culture with a nimble approach to development to ferret out the best innovations, and reaching for a wonderfully high bar to delight our fans."

https://www.linkedin.com/company/otherside-entertainment

"Growing studio."

"Engaging narrative."

"Best innovations."

"Wonderfully high bar to delight our fans."

Old Hans

Arcane
"OtherSide Entertainment is a growing independent game studio with offices in Boston, MA and Austin, TX. We’re focused on providing players with innovative gameplay, immersive worlds, and engaging narrative. Our studio has a dynamic development culture with a nimble approach to development to ferret out the best innovations, and reaching for a wonderfully high bar to delight our fans."

"Growing studio."

"Engaging narrative."

"Best innovations."

I like the whole "nimble approach to development to ferret out the best innovations" which judging from Underworld game, means cutting lots and lots of corners

Max Heap

Arcane
Sometimes I feel like this thread is only still going on because you guys haven't played the game.

It's like missing a funeral and therefore lacking a sense of closure.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

"Growing studio."

"Engaging narrative."

"Best innovations."

I like the whole "nimble approach to development to ferret out the best innovations" which judging from Underworld game, means cutting lots and lots of corners

The thing about studio boilerplates: they're not written for players, they're written for investors and press releases.

Harthwain

Magister
The thing about studio boilerplates: they're not written for players, they're written for investors and press releases.
It's no different when it comes to politicks or anyone who's bullshitting you: they use a lot of words, but don't make much sense. You can literally cross out the grass speech and see what's left. In the same vain you can simplify lawyer speak (although in this case you have to put in some extra effort for translating the remaining sentences into English).

Hines

Savant
According to his Twitter bio, Joe Fielder's back to being a writer following his unsuccessful stint as game director. He's now working on Deathloop. Nate Wells is also at Arkane, but working on an unannounced project at the Austin studio.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
it seems like only yesterday when they kicked off the kickstarter and immediatly jumping into the deep end with talks of implementing complicated eco systems

Sadly there was nothing complex about UA, a more shallow game would be hard to find.

The only complicated thing about it was trying to work around the game bugs ... or just finding a reason to enjoy it.

I gave up, really did, did try again on final patch and wrote it all off to bad experience and pure lies and deception from the beginning. Criminal charges should be bought against these people for pure and utter blatant lies and deception.

OK: It's the software gaming industry, but should they be exempt from lying and taking our money on false deception? Of course, they should not, its theft, its false pretences, moving the goal posts when kickstarter funds came in, its out right FRAUD the same as anything else.

I've not seen such dishonesty in this industry in my whole life, it's a bloody disgrace, and alll over one of the best game franchises of all time too ... these scum have no standards anymore.

Mind-numbingly boring chore fetch fest of pure fucking crap, with no redeeming quality whatsoever is what UA is and that's me on a kinder day.

Lies to everyone, from beginning to end ... what is our society becoming? :( It used to just be the domain of politicians to lie, now thanks to these fools we have to contend with game Devs lying to us too in hordes and expect to make a living out of it ... something needs to change, society is going backwards, maybe even imploding if we think the road to success are lies and half truths with no intent, ever to fulfil.

I just hope these shitheads have not opened the flood gates for other Devs to follow suite for the quick buck lying route, but I fear they may have set a trend, if they can get away with it, others will try to ... rest assured of that, the fuckers have already tried to do it with SS3 but have been caught out.

Pure shit/drivel and an easy candidate for worst game ever made, especially so considering what went before it.

Pure bile :(

It really does sadden me some morons supported this crap and still claim they enjoy it ... says quite a lot about them ... I guess. very, very, very sad :(

I never thought I would write this a few years ago, but after UA, its probably as well SS3 is not getting released, we do not need another franchise ruined forever by fraudsters and liars out for a quick buck with a stupid buggy shallow game to show for it.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
It goes deeper than that. I don't think that the Otherside devs have became particularly richer after this scam. It's a cultural thing forced by economy. Marketing has been so internalized in human psyche that lies and incompetence are so common and happen everywhere.

lies-lies-everywhere-14307791.png

Katana1000S

Nifft is quite correct of course, its all very sad how lies prevail these days, just who are we all fooling? Ourselves.

Why can't people just say NO in the face of blatant obvious lies, Game dev or real global Politicians, why do some become willing lemmings to their cause?

Efe ... I fully realize you are in this for the giggles at times, but your trolling does not help, its seen as a sign by other Devs to keep ripping off simpletons like you, please stop the trolling already and look at the bigger picture.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
There is no harm since otherside does not post here and no other sane developer looks to a flop like this for information or validation.

even if otherside came knocking, I doubt they would mentally survive an encounter in this thread

Katana1000S

Otherside are finished Efe, we do have one ex dev/whistleblower/colleague here trying to do some damage limitation, that's not worked well, has it.

When will you ever let go of this retard game and grasp some sense of reality boy?

Katana1000S

FFS: their own forums are dead now from their feedback, what the fuck will it take to convince you its over and has failed?

Are you really this dense, Efe?

Efe

Erudite
i agreed with you and u still rated my post shit and trying to dogpile..
you really take this antifanboism too far

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom