Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
Did they get rid of the stupid system where your save games were only stored online, so you always had to go online to play a single player game?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
X-MEN Origins Wolverine

Another game that was made by Raven, but I didn't had a chance to play. Most of the licensed games aren't anything special. And considering how weak was the movie, I wasn't interested. Oh boy, I was so wrong about it. First thing that makes it so good, is a very nice combat system, with brutal finishers and lots of violence and gore all around. . We upgrade our stats thanks to the experience points from killed enemies and dog tags from killed soldiers. We have normal commandos, shotgun guys who can use cloaking mode, cyber-ninjas, mutants, machete raping gangs, mutants and much more to deal with. I really am surprised how Activision didn't have any problems with the violence. For example, Logan can rip of the arm of a shield guy and bash his head with it. We also can use environment to our advantage. Spikes, forklifts and other things can be used for instant executions.

Plus in specific moments we unlock new powers that will help us. Sometimes we need to mash buttons during boss fights, but for most of the time we just operate on our own. Of course our electronic version Logan was based on Hugh Jackman, and we've got original actors giving the voices to their corresponding characters, and they did a fantastic job. Graphically it isn't the top of the line since the release in 2009, but Unreal engine still makes it a very smooth experience. I really liked, how our character is regenerating after the skirmishes. When it comes to the length, I would say Wolverine is medium sized, and ends in a good moment. Mea culpa Raven boys, you did it again!

wolverine2019-12-1415scjq5.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1417htjv6.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1415ipkkw.jpg

wolverine2019-12-14159zk7h.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1416oiki5.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1417uvjd7.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1417dnjj3.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1418nsk2q.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1419klj1w.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1419cpj0x.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1419lvkdy.jpg

wolverine2019-12-15110vk4g.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1512yhkwr.jpg

wolverine2019-12-15128kjrd.jpg

wolverine2019-12-15129bk52.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1513vikq9.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1513pbkyf.jpg

wolverine2019-12-15153zjct.jpg

wolverine2019-12-1515rajbx.jpg

wolverine2019-12-15152jj20.jpg

Citizen

I loved this remake, and the gun you get for this fight specifically. Easily one of my favorite plasma rifles.

Turok runs at Doom-guy levels of speed if you move forward and strafe simultaneously. So fun.

Woah, the difference between hard and normal is huge. I just restarted on normal and played the first three mission to that boss guy without dying and got 9 additional lives (unlocked a cheat code :lol:) It seems like harder difficulties increase the speed and accuracy of the enemies significantly

HansDampf

Arcane
Half-Life 2: MMod

R9GHqMp.jpg

kpXiyk3.jpg

F2ORxjZ.jpg

Where does he keep all those bombs?

77TZhpr.jpg

PRHFNur.jpg

GLKhs3L.jpg

ikSn1YV.jpg

Best character.

QBov9jo.jpg

6Z4yHgR.jpg

K2hJkUY.jpg

9sDtWdu.jpg

I hate this part.

0neBh8v.jpg

H2wfpG3.jpg

yV1kPsc.jpg

QFDJUrE.jpg

The foot of the Citadel is a giant thumper to keep Antlions out of City 17.

JUy5v4W.jpg

bMAo82H.jpg

bTX7n2n.jpg

...time, Dr. Freeman?
The mod is a mixed bag. More after the episodes.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
GsTvYR4.jpg

The fabled Duriel's Shell, but it etheral and thus useless after a short while. :argh:

But hey, what's this?
QNDBK87.jpg

The first Balrog Skin (and I din't even kill a balrog) I find is a Unique, and it's the first non-ethereal (yay!) armour I've found with a Defense over 1000. This should will be useful for my Druid. Maybe he can even wield a 2H weapon now. But wait...what's this? "Required Level: 85". :argh::negative::decline:.
Useful only to grinders, "farmers" and those afraid of taking on Baal at lvl 72. Too bad the runes and jewels that lower restrictions only lower the stat reqs, not the level reqs...

The Red Knight

Erudite
Imlwoq0.jpg

Feels a lot like something between Fate and Eradicator. With cowardly Matrix characters versus rocket launcher Wookies.

I could only make it work in the windowed mode but it makes mouse aiming unusable because it doesn't lock the cursor in game window and keyboard-only aiming is cumbersome, especially with trigger-happy enemies.

Shift is slow run, Alt is either slow strafing or very fast run, and Alt+Shift moves you forward at the speed of light.

Has interesting stuff like different ways to enter a room/area, and shooting down projectiles (or enemies shooting your thrown grenades in front of your face).

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Stoneshard: prologue
Kz3mwgv.png

The final boss is not optional anymore and it's a bit more tricky now to figure out a good build against him.
BqWcESb.png

I am fighting a horrible vampire abomination and all i can think about is how much i want kfc right now.
I probably would have fared better against him if i had a better luck with food.

Citizen

Beating the shit out of dinosaurs...
iUivwb.jpg

Mechas...
iUinST.jpg

And finally mecha dinosaurs :lol::lol::lol:
iUiM17.jpg

iUiYpr.jpg

Cool guys don't looks at explosions, they D A N C E, while shit explodes around

Finished. Nice game

Citizen

What game is that? Is it played like Counter Strike or like Doom?

It's Turok remaster. It plays like like a lovebaby of quake and mario 64 :lol: So yeah, think doom's levels of speed + crazy platforming

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom