Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
You know I like to mull over a game when I've finished it and I've got to say this about Stasis: This has an almost perfect atmosphere for a w40k game, the Groomlake could pass for a Space Hulk with very little modification, and with John you get a more grounded protagonist than a Terminator squad or what have you.

Pity we'll never get a game like that, but if we do I hope somebody like Pyke gets to work on it, because it's the human frailty and striving in the inhuman w40k setting that really lets us self insert into what should be unrelatable.

Thanks man. I've always been a fan of the designs in W40K. I never really got into the lore until my fiances brother recommended the audiobook for Helsreach ( https://www.audible.com/pd/Helsreac...PN34F0PNM&ref=a_pd_Xenos-_c5_adblp13nABCD_2_5 ). Its a fucking AMAZING story and really got me into the world of W40K.

Neanderthal

Arcane
You know I like to mull over a game when I've finished it and I've got to say this about Stasis: This has an almost perfect atmosphere for a w40k game, the Groomlake could pass for a Space Hulk with very little modification, and with John you get a more grounded protagonist than a Terminator squad or what have you.

Pity we'll never get a game like that, but if we do I hope somebody like Pyke gets to work on it, because it's the human frailty and striving in the inhuman w40k setting that really lets us self insert into what should be unrelatable.

Thanks man. I've always been a fan of the designs in W40K. I never really got into the lore until my fiances brother recommended the audiobook for Helsreach ( https://www.audible.com/pd/Helsreac...PN34F0PNM&ref=a_pd_Xenos-_c5_adblp13nABCD_2_5 ). Its a fucking AMAZING story and really got me into the world of W40K.

The animation is a pretty good adaptation as well, no wonder GW hired the animator.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
We've been working to get the game working on as many systems as possible, including ultra wide resolutions. All interfaces have actually been rendered with the extra screen space in mind, instead of just stretching existing stuff, or adding in black bars.

DES_WIDE_1.png

DES_WIDE_0.png

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

The animation is a pretty good adaptation as well, no wonder GW hired the animator.

Just watched it this weekend. Thanks for letting me know about it! Loved what he did.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...n-isometric-post-apocalyptic-ad/posts/2701871

December Update

Hey Backers!

We trust that 2019 was good to you, and we look forward to a 2020 filled with adventure games - notably Beautiful Desolation!

VOICE ACTING
We've amassed a talent pool of AMAZING artists that have lent their voices to this game. Julian Casey (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0143456/) has voiced Mark. He's best known for his roles in Far Cry and the Assassin's Creed series. Joining him are our usual veterans, Ryan and Glen Copper, as well as Sarah Williams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Anne_Williams) from Final Fantasy, Persona 5 and Skullgirls. Ian Cullen ( http://www.iancullen.co.za/about-me/), a prominent South African voice actor, plays Don.

The voice production has taken several months but is now complete and in the game!

Listen here (Click PLAY):

WIDE SCREEN 21:9 SUPPORT
Desolation will support native Ultra Wide Monitors. It does look pretty darn, cool at 2560 x 1080px. We'll also support 16:9 and 16:10.

(CLICK IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW)

LOCALIZATION
Roboto (https://roboto.global/games-localisation/) is working on the translation of Beautiful Desolation into Russian, German and French. More languages may be added once the game is released and we'd then seek partners to this end, as we did with STASIS. The translation process was built to be as simple as possible, and can be edited as an Excel Spreadsheet if needed, so we hope fans will also aid further translation!

INSTAGRAM
Be sure to follow us on Insta for development pics and glamorous behind the scenes photos. :)

Follow us here: https://www.instagram.com/thebrotherhoodgames/?hl=en

BACKER BETA
We are still ironing out bugs and doing HOURS and HOURS of testing, but we will message/email our backers when it's go time. Stay tuned!

SURVEY
The Backer Credits name survey will be sent soon, look out for it!

Keep well,

The Bros.

Bohr

Arcane
Biggest concern for me isn't really the social issues, but rather the infrastructure. Water and power. Its becoming harder and harder to effectively run a business with any sort of consistency when you don't know if you're gonna have electricity next week. Or tomorrow. Or this afternoon.

Hope those UPSs hold out for a few more months, good luck bro :salute:

I1CymRTS_o.png

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Right now we can get 2 hours of work off the UPS, but they need 4 hours to charge. With the load shedding now happening every few hours, there isn't enough time to charge up between down times.

But as the saying goes, "a boer maak a plan" - so we dusted off the generator this morning, gonna have it hooked up to the main inverters so we can charge them if needed.

axx

Savant
Right now we can get 2 hours of work off the UPS, but they need 4 hours to charge. With the load shedding now happening every few hours, there isn't enough time to charge up between down times.

But as the saying goes, "a boer maak a plan" - so we dusted off the generator this morning, gonna have it hooked up to the main inverters so we can charge them if needed.

I can't find any reports on frequency deviation on Eskom's page but I've found this: Stage 6 load shedding means shedding 6000 MW. It is an indication that Eskom has lost over 40% of its generating capacity. So your system is basically collapsing.
I've been watching Serpentza's videos and he's definitely not optimistic and has no plans of returning there. Hope things improve (generally in SA) and you release a good game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Didn't you think about leaving to another country? Even eastern european countries have stable infrastructure and you can live pretty cheap there.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

Didn't you think about leaving to another country? Even eastern european countries have stable infrastructure and you can live pretty cheap there.

We think about it often and talk about it equally often! Nowadays among my friends circle the go-to topic of discussion is 'So, when are you leaving?'. I think that Nics entire friendship circle from high school days have left. I have a few mates still here, but most are in some sort of transitional phase.

Honestly the biggest thing for me is our parents. I don't want to leave them, and we don't have the money to relocate them as well. I've got friends who the last time they saw their parents was on a funeral leaflet that was emailed to them. I don't want to do that.

Honestly tho, we may have to. It really is more of a 'when' and not an 'if' situation.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

We think about it often and talk about it equally often! Nowadays among my friends circle the go-to topic of discussion is 'So, when are you leaving?'. I think that Nics entire friendship circle from high school days have left. I have a few mates still here, but most are in some sort of transitional phase.

Honestly the biggest thing for me is our parents. I don't want to leave them, and we don't have the money to relocate them as well. I've got friends who the last time they saw their parents was on a funeral leaflet that was emailed to them. I don't want to do that.

Honestly tho, we may have to. It really is more of a 'when' and not an 'if' situation.

Probably the best place in Eastern Europe.

But don't tell anyone. We are all gypsy here.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Probably the best place in Eastern Europe.

But don't tell anyone. We are all gypsy here.

I am Pyke from the future and I tell you this:

DO NOT GO TO ROMANIA!
NOT. EVER.

5ef33a8e66ed5f37832141878be1333d.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Pyke Bruh, I just found out THE BROTHERHOOD doesn't have a developer page on Steam (like this). Do you consider making it?
To be honest I kind of hate how developer pages supersede developed by searches in steam and I have to manually type that format in to get the more easily navigable and digestible list.

Jinn

Arcane
Do we have an official release date yet (that maybe I missed)? I seem to remember something about the end of January.

I think I might start allowing myself to get hyped up again if its soon. BEAUTIFUL!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom