Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Spiderweb Software's latest remake

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
indieapocalypse is a myth as even mediocre releases are exceedingly rare and it's just inevitable that they get noticed. One way or another.
Fucking Knights of the Chalice only has 26 reviews on Steam, mostly from Codexers buying it for a second time, and you still say that?
It's an old release. They never get much traction because most people played them (and discussed/praised them on forums, generating excitement and interest) years ago.

Merry Christmas!

I'll check it out. I've been meaning to get back into geneforge, played the first one for a handful of hours and liked it.

passerby

Arcane
Stealth could mean expanding non-combat solution similar to AoD

The only two things Vogel cares about expanding these days are his belly and his bank account. So, don't bet on it.

Yeah, it'll probably just be a way of skipping normal combats.

Yep, because of my OCD I was also doing both stealth and combat routes in Geneforge games to farm both XP from mines and XP + Loot from combat.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stealth could mean expanding non-combat solution similar to AoD

The only two things Vogel cares about expanding these days are his belly and his bank account. So, don't bet on it.

Yeah, it'll probably just be a way of skipping normal combats.

Yep, because of my OCD I was also doing both stealth and combat routes in Geneforge games to farm both XP from mines and XP + Loot from combat.

That's the other issue with a stealth option. The game is heavily weighted towards combat XP, Jeff probably won't re-balance the game around such an option being available (that would take actual effort on his part).

V_K

Arcane
Technically, Geneforge games already have a sorta stealth system (at least G5 does), it's just rather rudimentary and based squarely on proximity. Stealth skill will probably just determine how close you can get to an enemy before being noticed. Which isn't much, but still an improvement.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarting the Geneforge remake too, eh? It's just like with Steam - Jeff finally figured out this Cool New Trick to get more money and probably wishes he'd done it earlier.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Finally, I love Geneforge. If he updates Geneforge to his Avadon engine without touching anything else, he'll be fine.

I wish he'd get someone involved with a sense of aesthetics, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wizardry 8.... mine was missing a disc and instead came with 2 disc 2s and no disc 1. God damn bargain bin no returns. Yeah i was sitting on my shelf for years before i opened it up. Don't do that; open those fuckers up immediately upon purchase.

Or buy a digital release like normal people these days

Nim

Augur

Probably old news.

dZpEg78.jpg

Yes, I can definitely see the improvement :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom