Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I think that this exercise would result in a creation of a game that would be a blend of everything in existence, a game so mediocre and lacking personality that it makes it to some extant special.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To properly decide each Larian employee needs to play every cRPG in existence... At least 7 times.
That would be one hell of an improvement, can you imagine what kind of RPG would come out then when they eventually have to do it? I'm reminded of one quote from a woman who was locked up by her family her whole life - "to create art not out of love or beauty, but of solitude forever you must live and die in a dungeon". I feel like there's a poignant message there if we change up some words to be more appropriate for the situation.

Yeah, but maybe they just locked her up 'cause she was a talentless retard?.

Heinrich

Scholar
When is the next big game announcement thing? Swen said they had some real information after the holidays.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
We can only guess based on big gaming events. Since he said gameplay will be revealed before this year's E3, unless that's delayed...

Jan 17th - PAX South
Feb 27th - PAX East (bigger event, so if they do reveal at PAX this will be more likely)
Mar 16th - GDC

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
We can only guess based on big gaming events. Since he said gameplay will be revealed before this year's E3, unless that's delayed...

Jan 17th - PAX South
Feb 27th - PAX East (bigger event, so if they do reveal at PAX this will be more likely)
Mar 16th - GDC

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they do their gameplay reveal in the week before E3 like other companies.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wouldn't that be a year without any kind of news about this game, though? That would just make it look like they are very, very early in development.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wouldn't that be a year without any kind of news about this game, though? That would just make it look like they are very, very early in development.
You mean like cyberpunk,anthem and nu vampire?! Devs constantly overhype shit for E3 (without any real reason) and then it ends up being still in the context stage.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Why aren't they using Avellone? It would be an extra kick of publicity if his name is floating around even if we know he'll do like a sentence for a character in a graveyard which will be edited out or something.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Fuck even the new Magic RPG which was announced at The game awards already got a gameplay trailer

WOTC :rage:
:negative:

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Tbh, I'd be pissed if I were Avellone and Larian edited out my whole contribution, so maybe he doesn't want to work with them. Either way, having him on board can only be a good thing, even if only as a PR move. I doubt anyone thinks "Avellone wrote D:OS2!" only because his name was floating around.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tbh, I'd be pissed if I were Avellone and Larian edited out my whole contribution, so maybe he doesn't want to work with them. Either way, having him on board can only be a good thing, even if only as a PR move. I doubt anyone thinks "Avellone wrote D:OS2!" only because his name was floating around.
You would be mistaken. There are also people who who still think he wrote Mask of the Betrayer, New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, and Kingmaker. Whenever he's on a project there are some people who will believe he wrote everything (I've even seen some give him credit for Baldur's Gate because he's listed in the thanks section).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom