Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Daggerfall Unity isnt Vaporware

Miles Davis or John Coltrane?

• Miles Davis

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • John Coltrane

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Kenny G (kc response)

Votes: 68 41.5%

• Total voters

index.php

Arcane
Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16
Post by Interkarma » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:57 am

0.10.16 has been posted to Live Builds.

General Fixes & Improvements
  • Shorten labels for "Delete Save" and "Rename Save" to work with non-SDF fonts (Hazelnut)
  • Add location index to interior NPC name seed to ensure unique per location (Hazelnut)
  • Clean up corpses from persistent interiors such as player-owned buildings and rented taverns when player exits world cell (Hazelnut)
  • Move climbing skill check and weapon anim times to overridable formulas (Hazelnut)
  • Classic quest fixes (Jay_H)
  • Accept numeric keys without shifting for international keyboard compatibility (Pango)
  • Can now bash close doors like classic (Pango)
  • Added clang sound when weapon strikes static geometry (Pango)
  • Fix classic key values for Free Action and Climbing spells so these import correctly from classic saves (Pango)
  • Fix "tdbg" FPS display while game is paused (Pango)

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Wilderness NPCs
Post by Xorberax » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Wilderness NPCs
Spawns friendly and enemy NPCs in the wilderness.

Just released v1.1.0!

Added mod settings, allowing for spawning to be tweaked. Comes with two presets for low spawn rates and high spawn rates.

Media:
https://gfycat.com/distinctheftygeese
DistinctHeftyGeese-size_restricted.gif

https://gfycat.com/dazzlingaridarizonaalligatorlizard
DazzlingAridArizonaalligatorlizard-size_restricted.gif

Download: Nexus Mods

Installation:
1. Open the "WildernessNPCs.zip" archive
2. Open the respective operating system build folder
3. Extract "wildernessnpcs.dfmod" to your "DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods" folder

I made this mod because I thought that the wilderness, though vast, was devoid of life.

Unleveled Mobs
Post by Jay_H » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Purpose: Change DFU's monster spawning methods to eliminate level scaling. Also, caves will have exclusively natural enemies, spider nests will have spiders, orc strongholds will have orcs exclusively, and so on.

Warnings: This mod will make the game HARD. Wandering outdoors at night will also provoke undead spawns. Use the Unleveled Quests pack to try to alleviate this.

An enormous thanks to Hazelnut for helping me set up the Mod Builder so I could create and update this on my own. Without that help this absolutely would not have been possible.

I'll continue updating this mod as I figure out how to correct the monster types and decide methods to balance the dungeons.

At some point Ralzar and others will create much more developed mods to alter DFU's spawning, but this is a start with where DFU is now.

Download link: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/51

-----------------------------

Did testing. So far mod confirmed 100% ok.

Found a dungeon: type Ruined Castle

I just set Ruined Castle to produce only Centaurs.

Tested in Unity: got all Centaurs.

Built mod. Tested in 0.10.14: got all Centaurs

As BadLuckBurt pointed out, there is apparently some dungeon blocks that contain static enemies. I am fine with this and suggest we just shrug our shoulders and keep moving. They'll just add some spice to the dungeon and aren't level scaled anyway, seeing as they're static.

This seems to be exactly what we need to at least build a slightly improvised unleveled dungeon mod.
The big headache is making themed tables that do what we want based on how the spawn mechanic works.

So I'm not sure what level of modding you are aiming for here? We could split up the work of making all these tables. Or, we could make two or more sets of tables? And figure out how mod settings work so we can just switch between the table sets in the mod settings menu.
For example:

(All examples are themed. So Orc strongholds have orcs etc)

Set 1: Monster levels mixed for a more balanced experience. (I think this is what you are doing now?)

Set 2: Monster table difficulty based on dungeon frequency. So Natural Caves and Mines are Easy while Dragons Dens and Volcanic Caves are really hard? Might have to be adjusted for type of enemies. Deadra-themed dungeons should probably be the hardest.

Set 3: ? There are probably ways of doing this I haven't thought of yet.

Of course, we could also build seperate mods, but that seems like a lot of overlapping work (and can get needlessly competitive).

Thought for future: if we figure out how to place high level monsters in all quest rooms, that would be a perfect extra setting for this mod.

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] NPC Health Indicators
Post by Xorberax » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:37 am

NPC Health Indicators
Displays an NPC's health.

Media:
file.php

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.27 - 21.59.51.68.jpg (436.91 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Download: Nexus Mods

Installation:
1. Open the "NPCHealthIndicators.zip" archive
2. Open the respective operating system build folder
3. Extract "npchealthindicators.dfmod" to your "DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods" folder

This is my first mod for Daggerfall Unity (amazing project btw!), and serves as practice for familiarizing myself with the modding workflow.

Luzur

Good Sir
November Builds 0.10.12
Posted on November 27, 2019 by Interkarma

Live Builds have been updated to 0.10.12. This is another primarily bug-fix release, with one major new feature.

Class Questions (Numidium)
This is a feature from The Elder Scrolls 1: Arena that has carried over to other Bethesda games, including Daggerfall. Even the infamous G.O.A.T. in Fallout 3 is a variant of this system. During the class questions process, the player is presented with several ethical problems and a few alternate ways to resolve each situation. Each answer will weight player towards the Thief, Mage, and Warrior archetypes. Once the questions are completed, a class hopefully fitting your play style will be offered.

This UI is more than just an elaborate class selector. It provides hooks for the imagination to think about how you might roleplay your character once generated and plunked into the world. Thanks to Numidium, this feature is now fully implemented in Daggerfall Unity.

If you find it hard to see the darker portion of above animation on your device, Numidium created the following screenshot with false colours that make the archetypes easier to see. If you’ve played Skyrim, you might recognise these designs from the Thief, Mage, and Warrior Guardian Stones. It’s wonderful how the later versions of TES make little nods like this towards the earlier games.

New Release Schedule
I have a backlog of pull requests (pending changes) open on GitHub for review. Every change can take a lot of time to work through and test before merging into the monthly builds. This can mean simple fixes might take a few weeks to come out, or be held up while a larger change is still under review. Sometimes a change might get bumped to the following month just because there isn’t enough time to review it properly before end of current month.

Now so much of the game has been built out, I can’t see any reason to stick with a strictly monthly schedule. Rather than dropping a big release with many combined changes each month, I will start releasing new builds approximately weekly. If something minor is fixed, I’ll try to release a new build just for that change. This also has the benefit of making it easier to pin down new problems when the number of changes is fewer in each release.

On the Live Builds page, I will start retaining longer history of available builds rather than cycling out old builds once per month. If you encounter problems with a new build, you can roll back to the previous build until it’s fixed. I’m looking at retaining approximately 4-6 weeks of build history.

This also means a scaling back of the monthly blog updates. Unless something big is available to feature, I’ll use the forums to post incremental changes and save the blog for more interesting content. I will link future releases to change log as they’re posted to Live Builds page.

General Fixes & Improvements
The November builds have several other small fixes included.

• Allow mods to change wagon weight limit (AsesinoBlade)
  • Fix opening quest log clearing residences from map (Nystul)
  • Use classic formula for Masque of Clavicus (Numidium)
  • Support for custom books is now stable (TheLacus)
  • Fix player falling through floor when entering certain buildings while mounted (Hazelnut)
  • Add console command “add_all_equip magicWeapons” to spawn all magic items for testing (Hazelnut)
  • Make spawned weapons identified (Hazelnut)
  • Fix issues wth replacement buildings (Hazelnut)
  • Fix 1gp quest reward (Hazelnut)
  • Fix rented rooms duration underflow (Pango)
  • Use webm videos on Linux (Pango)
  • Fix NullReferenceException in DaggerfallVidPlayerWindow.IsPlaying for loading screen (Pango)
  • Fix comment displayed in text block for quest C0C00Y10 (Jay_H)
  • Do not resist “caster only” self-cast spells, e.g. heals (Interkarma)
  • Do not reflect spells from caster onto self (Interkarma)
  • Fix Thieves Guild O0A0AL00 using local NPC for contact, causing a crash in some cases (Interkarma)

dunno if posted already?

Lemming42

Arcane
It's great to see work taking place on filling up the wilderness with all kinds of shit. With the game's ludicrously complicated and extensive faction system there should be a huge variety of possible encounters out in the wild - city states fighting other city states, rival knight orders kicking the shit out of each other, Daedra hunters, bounty hunters, all that.

Luzur

Good Sir
It's great to see work taking place on filling up the wilderness with all kinds of shit. With the game's ludicrously complicated and extensive faction system there should be a huge variety of possible encounters out in the wild - city states fighting other city states, rival knight orders kicking the shit out of each other, Daedra hunters, bounty hunters, all that.

well with this, prob on its way.

V_K

Arcane
Is Bethe$da OK with this or is this another project DOA?
Well, Beth released the original Daggerfall as freeware some years ago, so as long as DFU remains non-commercial I don't see why they would have a problem. I mean, EA is far more litigious than Beth, yet all the Ultima fan remakes are still there.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Sorry if I asking probably stupid question, but since mods started popping up for this, Daggerfall Unity is complete? I remember somewhere in this thread was link with developer plans (whats completed/planned), but I lost it.

index.php

Arcane
Did they fixed bad dungeon design?

You're just mad cause you got lost.
Well, they kinda fixed it:
Experimental Smaller Dungeons
To enable, open your settings.ini file and set the below option under [Experimental] section.

SmallerDungeons = True

If player is already inside a dungeon subject to this change, you'll probably be dropped into the void. Please ensure your character is outside before toggling this setting.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Tried to play it, used character creation question to form a character...Well I think on this stage it's better to just select class, because apparently dev messed up and answers do not match to style of Mage/Warrior/Thief. It's completely broken right now.
Example:
  • While exploring the woods with two other adventurers, you come across a small, abandoned hut that seems to have once belonged to a mage. Looking through the window, you see the remains of a laboratory, many potions and scrolls still on the shelves. A fighter named Geotina, who thinks you a cowardly sort, suggests breaking into the shack and exploring. Another fighter named Hunard suggests going to town to find out more information. You advise:
a) Going into town. They are more familiar with the area and may have important information about this hut and the surrounding area. (Mage)
b) Breaking into the shack, but leaving one person on the outside in case something goes wrong. You should investigate new things, not run away from them. (Warrior)
c) Daring Geotina to go in first. If there is a trap, she can trip it, then you and Hunard can go in and explore at your leisure. (Thief)
Normal people would think that warrior option is b), but nah, it's a) in Daggerfall Unity. And every question messed up in this way. I don't think person who would roleplay as warrior in game would be afraid to break in house.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Tried to play it, used character creation question to form a character...Well I think on this stage it's better to just select class
Create your own class FFS! That's one of the (if not "the") greatest strengths of the game. Even if you don't really know what you're doing, most things are self explanatory enough to give it a try. It's worth it.

Old Hans

Arcane
Did they fixed bad dungeon design?

You're just mad cause you got lost.
Well, they kinda fixed it:
Experimental Smaller Dungeons
To enable, open your settings.ini file and set the below option under [Experimental] section.

SmallerDungeons = True

If player is already inside a dungeon subject to this change, you'll probably be dropped into the void. Please ensure your character is outside before toggling this setting.
giphy.gif

half the fun was getting hopelessly lost in those dungeons

deadmeme

Learned
The game bugged out and I did not receive Lady Briesena's message about the start of the Totem Quest and I can't install anything to fix it. All the requirements for that quest to start have been met. The last game i played (Arcanum) also glitched out when it was 90 percent finished. Maybe I am playing to old games?

deadmeme

Learned
I had such a good 1HK build. Late game was very easy. Good experience except for the bugs. I put around 70 hours in this playthrough and now it is broken. So pissed atm

MWaser

Arbiter
not the first time I saw this bug. Seems Unity has some issues with the event triggers for some quests, including that totem quest at the end in particular for Lady Brie.

But if you want, you can always hand over the totem to someone other than Lady Brie and finish it that way.

Oremus

Novice
The game bugged out and I did not receive Lady Briesena's message about the start of the Totem Quest and I can't install anything to fix it. All the requirements for that quest to start have been met. The last game i played (Arcanum) also glitched out when it was 90 percent finished. Maybe I am playing to old games?

Same, the totem disappeared from my inventory and the quest went from my log. Got pissed off and deleted the save.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom