Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

mwnn85

Savant
If Blizzard were hoping for some kind of great Battlenet resurgence with Starcraft Remastered and this - then it doesn't appear to have happened.
Now if they had the brainpower and humility to stick this and SC:R on Steam and port it to all systems with cross-platform multiplayer then we might be talking.
All the millions they've made off WoW (thanks to the prior games) and this is the best they be bothered to do.

I think it'll just be one for Blizzard and/or WoW die-hards.
I can just run the old Blizzard digital installers through WINE to play the campaigns for Starcraft and Warcraft 3.
And the GOG installers for Diablo & Warcraft 2.
Never felt the need for their client which is why I never picked up Starcraft 2.
I don't even play it but they should've grabbed DOTA when they had the chance - what a massive lost opportunity.

Silly Germans

The sad part is that this might be the best RTS release 2020 ...
Lets hope that Iron Harvest turns out well.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It looks overcooked. They spent a gazillion hours adding detail on individual assets but once you put it all together and you see it form a distance everything looks off and awkward.

JBro

Arbiter
ttosEmi.png

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
There's no official way to buy the most recent version of "normal" Warcraft 3, with working Battle.net and stuff, is there?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm so happy I still have my boxed copies and my cd keys still work. I'm curious whether Blizzard's reputation will take another hit when they release this abortion upon the world.

my in depth review:
- cons
it is shit and quite frankly a downgrade all around, bugs aplenty and runs like the average unity indie game

- pros
i didn't actually buy it and got to experience the re-forged™️ experience at a friends place, where I also managed to witness a real time refund with my very own eyes

Citizen

Wait, so there's no way to buy OG warcraft 3 now? Did they just pull beamdog on us

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Hahaha, they actually broke the base game too:

They even removed features from people who own the original version

The original and remastered are now missing:

• Automated Tournaments

• Clans

• Profiles

• Ladder

• 3D animated campaign backgrounds

• 3D animated portraits in Battle.net

• /slash commands in Battle.net chat

• Communal channels listing

• Custom Campaigns

• Battle.net News section

• RoC campaign balance (RoC now uses TFT balance)
This is from the warcraft3 sub

I just tried and now the game wants to update as soon as i launched it. Lmao.

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
What is with Blizzard and this oversaturated vomit inducing rainbow colors, haven't they learned their lesson with D3. That 2018 demo looked decent and promising, but how they succeeded to downgrade it to this level of amateurism and slap a 40$ price on it is just disgusting. Hopefully they won't fuck up D4, hopefully... yeah right.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Even the 2018 demo didn't look good though and the only thing it hinted at is how some maps would be too huge for the engine to handle the new graphics.

Citizen

The funny thing is - all the wc3 talk made me want to play it again, and I would actually buy it since my CD is long gone. But you can't buy the original from blizzard store anymore :rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom