Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Vorark

Erudite
According to reports Safi'jiiva is a less shit Kulve Taroth:

- Multiplayer oriented;
- No need to run around like a tard collecting tracks to increase pursuit level;
- You're able to pick 3 weapons instead of receiving a bunch of crap; one drop is guaranteed to be of the same weapon type you completed the siege with;
- Each weapon can have a innate set skill bonus, eg 1 point of master's touch.

Pretty meh overall and more rng bullshit for the autists.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Humble's selling this for $24 currently. As someone who liked Dragon's Dogma, and enjoyed the Witcher series sense of being a monster hunting badass, but didn't like Dark Souls, should I be interested in this? Also, I see talk here that implies multiplayer, yet Steam shows it as a single-player game. Who is telling the truth ???????

Old Hans

Arcane
Humble's selling this for $24 currently. As someone who liked Dragon's Dogma, and enjoyed the Witcher series sense of being a monster hunting badass, but didn't like Dark Souls, should I be interested in this? Also, I see talk here that implies multiplayer, yet Steam shows it as a single-player game. Who is telling the truth ???????
the combat is a lot more dragons dogma than dark souls. I thought it was a fun game, although a lot of times I felt like I was winning battle just through having gear upgrades and no so much getting better at actually playing

vonAchdorf

Arcane

You can group with up to 3 people for a party size of 4.

Perkel

Arcane
the combat is a lot more dragons dogma than dark souls. I thought it was a fun game, although a lot of times I felt like I was winning battle just through having gear upgrades and no so much getting better at actually playing

wtf are you smoking it is even more dark souls than dark souls when it comes to combat. DD is almost arcade game compared to DS or MH

Depends what you didn't like in Dark Souls. It if was combat then this is not game for you because it is even more Dark Souls than Dark Souls when it comes to combat. If it was world and everything else this will be best game for you as no game other than MH feels so great when you beat those bosses.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Depends what you didn't like in Dark Souls.
My experience was very similar to this blogger's: link.

It if was combat then this is not game for you because it is even more Dark Souls than Dark Souls when it comes to combat.
I enjoyed Dark Souls combat in general; I didn't enjoy the sensation of "Well you better find a new button on the controller because none of the buttons you've been using for 6 hours are gonna work now ... and oh yeah it's going to take you 45 minutes of tedious repetition before you can even try again. Whoops, didn't find the button this time either? OK, another 45 minutes of walking back."

sullynathan

Arcane
I enjoyed Dark Souls combat in general; I didn't enjoy the sensation of "Well you better find a new button on the controller because none of the buttons you've been using for 6 hours are gonna work now ... and oh yeah it's going to take you 45 minutes of tedious repetition before you can even try again. Whoops, didn't find the button this time either? OK, another 45 minutes of walking back."
Monster Hunter is not like that. It's an action game and exploration isn't as important. Better be read for lots of fighting because that's the core loop:kill monsters, upgrade, kill more monsters.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected

Beware, of you liked DD combat, this will feel sluggish and clunky ( even it is not actually)
The main factor contributing to this is that a lot of weapons have looong animations in wich you are stuck and can't regain control of your character until the animation ends.
So one of the most important thing is timing and positioning. A lot of times you get hit you'll think you could do nothing, and whike that is true in that moment you saw the attack coming, the game is actually punishing your mistake you did 3 seconds before.
If you think you can enjoy a more tactical and less "action" combat go ahead and buy it. If you want instant reactivity this game is not for you

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Iceborne is out in two days (for PC, that is). From what I've gathered so far it's pretty gud. Any reasonable objections to :takemymoney:?

Vorark

Erudite
It can't be any worse than launch day MHW on PC... hopefully.

Probably gonna pick this up 4 to 6 months from now; enough time to fix bugs, add Rajang & Stygian and a small discount.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Regarding mods:

2dmrkzqcrq941.png

Looks like the patch includes Iceborne even if you don't own it. I haven't bought it yet and the download is still 40GB.

Perkel

Arcane
hmm considering i don't actually like to play online in MH i think i will go for cheap shared account version without online. It costs like 4$

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
OP should be shot in the head for the title of this thread.

Edit: Now it's better

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1692722548349913114

Notice Regarding Known Bugs

The following bugs have been discovered in the Ver. 10.12.00 released on Thursday, January 9 17:00 UTC. We are currently working on a patch to fix these issues.

1. Slight display lag while DirectX12 API is enabled.

Issue:
Depending on your PC settings, your screen may lag 0.1 to 1 seconds with the DirectX12 API setting enabled.

Condition in which the issue occurs:
- Graphics Option "DirectX12 API" is enabled.
- PCs with slower CPU speed.

2. Certain graphics cards may cause the screen to freeze.

Issue:
Depending on your PC settings, the game screen may freeze randomly. The duration in which your screen may freeze could vary from 1 to 5 seconds. Although it is rare that this occurrs, it may happen more frequently with certain PC settings.

Condition in which the issue occurs:
- "DirectX12 API" is disabled (DirectX11).
- More likely to occur on NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU, with VRAM below 3GB.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your patience while we sort out these issues. Please wait for more info on the fixes.

Basically:

- Input stutter introduced by the Kulve update is still in
- Longer loading times
- Hammers the CPU even more
- DirectX 11 + Windows 7 combination is borked

The usual Japanese-port syndrome.

Palikka

Arcane
Kernel: 5.4.6-2-MANJARO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Memory: 15941MiB

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, that's about what I'm running too. Glad I decided to hold off on buying Iceborne for a couple months. Pretty unacceptable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom