Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Now the militia striking over a fucking monkey is not something I am going to be responsible for. I am selling the tamarin and if the militia decides to strike over it then they can explain their decision (and how it wasn't blatant treason) to the Commissar.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will be selling your pet unless you choose to dedicate yourself to the Skullfort, Helly (although I would allow you to forage for food and construct a basic shelter in addition to drinking water at least but I guess thats up to Grimwulf). Your position is a punitive one. You will labor for the benefit of the fortress, not split your efforts between two parallel projects.

As for everything else, I have a few ideas, but I want others an opportunity to provide their feedback as per the

Lithium Flower said:
Policy #1: Unity Initiative
Being that I will have considerable influence over our imports, I will take suggestions directly from the dwarves of this fortress before making my choice as to what to import. Ultimately my choice will be my own, but I will consider every perspective, especially from the most industrious and knowledgeable among us. We must stand united in these tumultuous times, as we stood united with Commissar Grimwulf!

In this case, of course, we will be dealing with exports. What do we have excesses off? What would you personally not mind being sold off? Any dwarf that feels strongly enough can make suggestions and I will take them into account.

Oh, and I will also be selling the lion tamarin - because we have to offset the harm that Spigot's decision did somehow.

Perhaps you could sell our gold and gems, it's not as if we're going to be able to build a gemcutting industry anytime soon and gold is not part of Kommunistic values (unless it's the Kommisar's armor)

we gonna bring Tamburin to the barracks and if you want to sell him you're going to have to wrestle an elite squadron of sweaty dwarfs you fuck

Again, if you want to attack a bunch of civilians that get assigned to hauling our export goods that is your choice to make and the consequences of such an action surely yours to bear.

our new authority figures are cowards who hide behind grim's golden skirt whenever the common man stands up for himself

"b-but if you do thing the dwarfs and kommissar won't like it and there will be consequences" :lol:

our new authority figures are cowards who hide behind grim's golden skirt whenever the common man stands up for himself

"b-but if you do thing the dwarfs and kommissar won't like it and there will be consequences" :lol:

As opposed to doing whatever inane whim gets hold of Kalin after one of his drunken stupors and pissing themselves every time the man as much as raises his voice at them?

Please. The difference between us is that I am appealing to a legitimate authority, while you are just allowing yourself to get bullied.

You know what? Keep your stupid monkey. Its clear to me that you are so pathetic that you are going to need all the moral support you can get, lest Kalin chastise you one too many times and you slit your wrists, cravenly robbing us of a fighter. More importantly, though, its value is very slight (but was totally worth almost starting a war over, right?); I will likely sell the reindeer cow that is worth twenty times the tamarin's value, and is a peculiar creature that is an ill omen to have around besides.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Kek. Looks I got conscripted. Pretty kool. As Kommander Kalin don't mind, name my dorf "Sniperdorf". If I'll miss everything, I'll blame it on lack of sniper scopes mounted on our ranged weaponry.

Get me some crossbow or a bow. I guess firearms ain't in, aye?

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Sell the tamarin? Are you people out of your minds? It's sacred! Sacred I say! Do you even know what being a dwarf means anymore, Lithium Flower ? You dont sell what you took off an elf. You keep it and proudly display it anytime you see them to make them proper salty.

Thank gods our commander was on hand to rescue it. Didnt hold him for a sentimental type tho, so maybe my earlier theory about his possible progenitor (maternal side, we all know he's son of Kalin) isnt that far off? Would explain the temper as well.

drafts an article titled "TambourineGate - What YOU Need To Know"

Reinhardt

Arcane
Me, right now -
2ad65180d985d16963cb97f5c9add65c.jpg

Andnjord

Arcane
I'm glad we had this talk. Now - anything important to discuss before policy is set?

Sales wise I agree with Baud, we should sell some of that gold. Ideally we should make gold crafts out of them first, even if the dorf (which dorf? Me of course, no one is allowed to come close to my forge!) making them has no skills in metalcrafting you still get 1-3 crafts out of each metal bar for a (huge) increase in value.

Buying wise I agree with Azira, we should buy some soap. Not only does the hospital needs it to prevent infections, but dorfs get happy thoughts from cleaning themselves. UNFORTUNATELY, caravans do not bring soap, ever. :negative:

Otherwise...we should buy an Iron anvil (can't make them out of copper, got to be iron or steel but obviously iron is cheaper) since eventually we will want to set up additional forges and you need anvils for that, anvils that we currently do not have the means of producing ourselves. And if the caravan brings some cheap iron items (I doubt any steel items would be cheap, but you never know) we should buy them to smelt them so I can make better weapons than our current copper ones out of them.

And of course, get us booze, BOOZE!!!!!!!!!:outrage:

Oh, make sure the caravans leave with a decent profit margin, those capitalistic bourgeois traders require it if we want them to bring goods in decent quantities. Except for the elven caravans, screw them.

Roleplay aside, Elven caravans really only bring grown wood (which we don't need, as we have have plenty of wood in our biome) and food, so we don't really need them

Last edited:

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Ideally we should make gold crafts out of them first
True dat, but that will require charcoal, and burning wood in a kastle that's short on beds is a bit impractical.

And if the caravan brings some cheap iron items (I doubt any steel items would be cheap, but you never know)
Cheapest iron and steel items are anvils, iron are 100 each, while iron weapons/armor/items for smelting are way more than that. So, if we want to get some iron and steel, anvils should be requested from dwarven liason.

Elven caravans really only bring grown wood (which we don't need, as we have have plenty of wood in our biome) and food
Sometimes they bring nice animals, like tame giant bears, those can be a good addition to the defense.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If we cant trade directly for soap, maybe we can trade for the required ingredients, expediting the process of actually making our own soap?

Try to see if you could trade for lye and either oil or tallow then.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Умывальников начальник и мочалок командир is perfect description of Kalin's job.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom