Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tbh, I'd be pissed if I were Avellone and Larian edited out my whole contribution, so maybe he doesn't want to work with them. Either way, having him on board can only be a good thing, even if only as a PR move. I doubt anyone thinks "Avellone wrote D:OS2!" only because his name was floating around.

The whole point of having his name floating around was so people think he wrote the game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Announcement is delayed to next week:

People think it's another Forgotten Realms book, then I guess this book will be somehow relevant to BG3.

It's like WotC is doing everything hyping up Baldur's Gate.

Recently revealed this Laeral Silverhand's kit: https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/explorers-kit

It's basically dice kit plus cards with lore info from the perspective of Laeral Silverhand.

wlclwcjcwke_prodimage.png

The card for Baldur's Gate actually uses a still shot from the BG3 trailer.

And Funko Pop for Minsc & Boo and Mindflayer!

Not even talking about the ongoing Minsc comics series.

Farewell into the night

Laeral Silverhand's kit is just beautiful! So blue, I love it <3

Mortmal

Arcane
Yep, basically what is happening to the Forgotten Realms franchise is a GREAT template to what will happen to the Star Wars franchise. Basically everyone still somewhat invested in the franchise, including Filoni himself, are waiting for the inevitable "soft reboot" to happen.

Don't give me hope.

:negative:
Where did you get some in this thread ?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Even though I liked The Last Jedi quite a lot, some structural problems and superfluous characters notwithstanding, I think just ignoring the whole sequel trilogy is for the better. Just like they ignored the prequel trilogy lol. The thing is, they got 1 good-ish film (TLJ) out of the whole batch they released, the spin-offs were also terrible, which tells me they just can't make worthwhile movies with their current writers or crews, or whatever it is, so it doesn't really matter whether they will ignore them or not. As for the Forgotten Realms, eh, what did they have to ruin? Drizzt and Elminster were hardly high literature. I haven't followed it for quite a while, I see some of Minsc's new comics in my local gaming/comic book store and it does indeed look cringe, soooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Efe

Erudite
so you liked the last movie they put out but they cant make anything worthwhile with current crew...
isnt this like admitting to having shit taste?

Lacrymas

Arcane
The last movie is Rise of Skywalker, not TLJ. RoS did indeed cement the notion they have no idea what they are doing, or at least have no plan, and retconing everything worthwhile from TLJ was a very tasteless move that created a film nobody liked, so whatever. I'm not invested in this franchise enough to care.

Lacrymas

Arcane
How the fuck can you just come out and say some retarded shit like that and not die of embarrassment?

Because I have the ability known as critical and contextual thinking. TLJ is a pretty good movie, good cinematography, and it brought some interesting ideas which always plagued this franchise to the forefront, while fixing others (the borderline/straight-up fascistic elements, the incest, and the nature of a hero). It didn't go as far as KotOR2 with the radicalism, but it made me think that Kreia, while right about the general concept, wasn't correct in assuming destroying the Force was the only option to fix the underlying existential dread of this setting.

S.torch

Arbiter
Make no mistake: I'm not saying that Disney will "decanonise" the Sequel Era and its related products. Instead they'll move a completely different era and never, EVER, look at the Sequel Era again.

That's why they already announced that in the new seasons of their streaming series, The Mandalorian, characters from the sequels are going to appear?

And at this point, it doesn't really matter if Star Wars or Forgotten Realms are rebooted. Again, delusion.

Yosharian

Arcane
How the fuck can you just come out and say some retarded shit like that and not die of embarrassment?

Because I have the ability known as critical and contextual thinking. TLJ is a pretty good movie, good cinematography, and it brought some interesting ideas which always plagued this franchise to the forefront, while fixing others (the borderline/straight-up fascistic elements, the incest, and the nature of a hero). It didn't go as far as KotOR2 with the radicalism, but it made me think that Kreia, while right about the general concept, wasn't correct in assuming destroying the Force was the only option to fix the underlying existential dread of this setting.
No it's not

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Got any good houserules for multiclassing in B/X? It's weird how all demihumans are fighters.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Got any good houserules for multiclassing in B/X? It's weird how all demihumans are fighters.
Elves are already a combination of fighting man fighter and magic-user in OD&D, B/X, and BECMI. :M Labyrinth Lord - Advanced Edition Companion has brief suggestions for multiclassing with demihumans, but if the aim is to have variety among dwarves and halflings (and elves) rather than to have multiclassing itself, I suggest looking at any existing rules for demihuman class options. For example, GAZ6 The Dwarves of Rockhome has rules for a Dwarf-Cleric, GAZ8 The Five Shires has rules for a Halfling Master "sub-class", Dragon Magazine #96 (April 1985) contained an article by Gary Gygax on demi-human clerics/druids/rangers, and so on.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Cael

Arcane
Yep, basically what is happening to the Forgotten Realms franchise is a GREAT template to what will happen to the Star Wars franchise. Basically everyone still somewhat invested in the franchise, including Filoni himself, are waiting for the inevitable "soft reboot" to happen.
The Spellplague was the single dumbest thing ever in the entire human history of marketing.

"Let's wipe out 90% of characters that people grew up with, that is integral to the entire lore of the setting, that all the fans got invested in, that basically defined the entire setting in the first place, and make completely new ones in a cliche post-Apocalyptic fast-forward. What can possibly go wrong?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom