Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Games that you have some hopes for- 2020 edition

Citizen

If serious answer is required, then I'm optimistic about

Alphons

Cipher
Ready or Not- SWAT 4 came out in 2005, still waiting for a worthy successor...

Colony Ship- I've replayed Age of Decadence several times and every time I've discovered something new. Dungeon Rats were fun too.

Beautiful Desolation- Stasis is a great game, will definitely play once it comes out.

Dying Light 2- first one was really fun, especially in coop. Those promises about reactivity sound really interesting (though if they manage to pull it off remains to be seen).

No More Room in Hell 2- the first one was a really great "hardcore Left 4 Dead" and the sequel promises to be bigger and better, with way higher replayability.

ATOM RPG: Trudograd- ATOM is fun, I'm interested to see how they do with a mostly urban enviroment.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
dying light 2, first one was really (surprisingly) good.

Anything From Software does I will pick up faithfully. God bless the nips.

ready or not looks hopeful but I'm not holding my breath.

Ground Branch is finally starting to look like an actual game instead of a UE4 modding project by aging ex-mil boomers. Again, hopeful, but not holding my breath. The problem with any sort of tac shooter on the horizon, is... what makes your game any more compelling than killing waves of towelheads on Insurgency Coop? Its an important question, because most devs dont seem to have an answer.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC. Yes, I know its out already, but I'm not paying a fucking dime for it in its current form. Heres hoping 2020 brings a few patches, or failing that, some dorks develop a crack for it.

wyes gull

Savant
Is Copper Dreams anywhere near release? If so, that. In addition to some that have been brought up (M&B2, DL2, CP2077).

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Each year the list grows smaller. Odd considering every year the slate of releases grows by orders of magnitude. I think that says something.

Most of the 2020 games I want were DRM-FREE but have gone now to Steam or Epic. Most of the 'total package' games I want are going DLC-heavy, and most of the games I want that I thought were free from politics now have up front cunts up front.

And the unforeseen but predictable - most of the 2020 games I want will turn into 2021 games.

Ultimate Admiral - Dreadnoughts and Age of Sail.
Grand Tactician. Civil War game.
Ostriv. Banished 2.0.
Ancient Cities. Civ meets Dawn of Man.
Crusader Kings III. This might get tossed from the list if Paradox keeps Parasucking.

Swigen

Arbiter
WizardryLoLS.jpg

You know about this gaem? Lemme tell you about this game. This game will have it all, dungeons, characters, builds, anime. It’ll have sexy elves and hidden shelves. It’ll have lots of stats and funny hats. It’ll have 8 classes with nice asses. If you liek old school blobbers with anime waifus I just know you’ll enjoy Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls. Should be out in a few days.

:bounce:

WizTrailerScreen.jpg

Games I'm at least somewhat interested in, not necessarily 2020 releases:

Ancient Cities, Baldur's Gate III, Beautiful Desolation, Biomutant, Cyberpunk 2077, Dark Envoy, Dying Light II, Eidolons: Netherflame, Encodya, Fields of History: The Great War, Gamedec, Hellpoint, Knights of Honor II: Sovereign, Octopus City Blues, Songs of the Eons, Star Dynasties, The Eternal Cylinder, The Fall of Rome, Tormentum II, Total War Saga: Troy, Undungeon, Vagrus: The Riven Realms, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines II, Weird West, Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood, Winter Ember, Witchfire

paperjack

Literate
Highfleet - http://koshutin.com/
Looks interesting.

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa
Hope Dies Last (tm). - maybe because I'm developing it now

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Colony Ship
Wasteland 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Bloodlines 2
Encased
Beautiful Desolation
Resident Evil 3 REMAKE
Pheonix Point

Haven't heard of a couple of these but pretty much the same thing I'd post. Some might disappoint but I'd guess I still enjoy them (like Outer Worlds) and I have hopes for them, which is the thread title.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
HYPED AF:
Colony Ship

Trails of Cold Steel III (if it comes out on PC)

Moderately hyped:

Cyberpunk 2077
Beautiful Desolation
Encased

Slightly hyped:
Wasteland 3
Gears Tactics
Bloodlines II

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Colony Ship (will probably be okay)
Bloodlines 2 (will probably be SJW beautiful shit)
Elden Ring (like, really? Sekiro just been released...Miyazaki delivers)
Star Citizen (wait, it is 2020 not 2030 hopes?)
Psychonauts 2 (it could be the same as 1 but with graphics)
INMOST (because...I don't know)
Selling Sunlight (wait, it was released, but it is not on Steam anymore for some reason)

and of course...

D.E.A.T.H S.T.R.A.N.D.I.N.G.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stoneshard (Long time since I felt so giddy for a game. Just a shame it has to go through a whole 1,5-2 year EA process first)
Urban Strife (Turn-based zombie survival, with some clear JA2 inspirations. Looks like it could be a smash hit for TB fans)
Mount & Blade: Bannerlord (Well, it's M&B. The singleplayer is going be good, and then thinking about all the future mods! I tried the multi-beta quick and the combat was so satisfying)
Gates of Hell (I love Men of War, and this one looks to have potential. Not a quick money-grab game like many other games on the GEM-engine.... if it ever comes out that is)
Shores Unknown (Cartoon-y graphics, but the phase-based combat look very promising, and I like the whole fantasy mercenary setting)
Beautiful Desolation (Interesting looking post-apocalyptic adventure game. Not 100% sure about the location setting, but looks ambitious and beautiful:cool:)
We who are about to Die (Roman inspired gladiator game. What interest me is the simulation aspect to the combat. Heavily inspired by Exanima which I adore)
Space Haven (Rimworld on a space-station with really good looking pixel graphics. Hopefully mechanics will be deep enough to be satisfying)
Ostranauts (Social life simulator(?) on a space ship. Looks great and interesting)
Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail (It's Ultimate General but now in 3D and with fantastic looking ship combat. You can also play artillery out at sea hammering positions to help the infantry. Looking forward to it)
Gray Zone (RTS set in some sandy apocalyptic world. Looks to have RPG elements and stuff like that. Going by the pictures and video it looks to have potential)

Edit: Added Urban Strife.

Last edited:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope I will have to time finish games I started playing the previous year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom