Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Spire of Sorcery - turn-based RPG where you play a party of runaway mages - abandoned in Early Access

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
:hypeship::incline::incline::incline:
THE SCOURGE, DECLINE, RTWP IS DESTROYED AND CAST ASIDE FOR THE GLORIOUS LIGHT OF INCLINED PURE TURN BASED GAMEPLAY

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The concept is reworked
1. The mage is several centuries dead
2. He exists as a kind of ghost who called acolites to the Tower
3. Goal is to find a way to resurrect yourself via alchemy or some other ritual

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
it will be completely changed in the next patch. we'll see. So far devs are very keen to EA group suggestions and discuss all mechanics and opinions on them. Current change is mostly due to EA test group reaction and feedback

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
it will be completely changed in the next patch. we'll see. So far devs are very keen to EA group suggestions and discuss all mechanics and opinions on them. Current change is mostly due to EA test group reaction and feedback

I take it current gameplay is total shit then? Since its getting changed?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

There is no actual game yet. It is veeeeeeeeery early.

Mortmal

Arcane

The game was already playable in its earlier version and lacking but ok for that price, they are revamping it all the time testing new things and concepts until they are satisfied . It's not shit, its a collaborative work in progress.It may remind that which sleeep except there's something real bein worked on.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Remind me of That Which Sleeps.

:mixedemotions:
Oh, come on. This thing is two years in development and developers've suddenly decided to move it from realtime to turn-based? Really?
Here some guy (lead designer, I suppose) says that it would be an exciting game if player had some control over his units. And here he says that you don't necessarily need to be able to craft everything because you can get some things from map locations only. Ri-i-ight.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Remind me of That Which Sleeps.

:mixedemotions:
Oh, come on. This thing is two years in development and developers've suddenly decided to move it from realtime to turn-based? Really?
Here some guy (lead designer, I suppose) says that it would be an exciting game if player had some control over his units. And here he says that you don't necessarily need to be able to craft everything because you can get some things from map locations only. Ri-i-ight.
That is a textbook RPG - you can craft something but you can get some stuff from expeditions to the ruins. For example in one session I crafted a sleeping bag and in some ruins my party got enchanted sleeping bag and enchanted dagger, none of which my apprentices could craft right now.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
New prototype draft for hex map and groups
image_245.png

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The map is looking more and more like Eador. Provinces that cover one terrain type, have their own population (monsters?), resources and lairs, and parties moving in turns. Not that it's a bad thing.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Seems to be in :decline:
Just look at this.

Compare to this.

Last november they had a working prototype of a game about indirect control of adventuring parties, swapping items around for "crafting" and meeple misbehaviour CK-style.
Today it's a generic-looking roguelike with repetitive skill checks, degraded interface and simplified mechanics.

I had some hopes for this game. :argh:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Take note that previous prototype became boring VERY fast. It took me several playruns to got bored with very limited replayability.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
It means that developers didn't manage to make indirect control fun in that version. Then they've chickened out and thrown their work into a dumpster in favor of making clone of Thea.
Dungeon Keeper, Dwarf Fortress, Startopia, Dominions, Settlers, Crusader Kings, Supreme commander, Victoria, Factorio and Oxygen Not Included are all generally about minimising unit shuffling in favor of organizing indirect control schemes. They're very different. And fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom