Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yep, basically what is happening to the Forgotten Realms franchise is a GREAT template to what will happen to the Star Wars franchise. Basically everyone still somewhat invested in the franchise, including Filoni himself, are waiting for the inevitable "soft reboot" to happen.

Don't give me hope.

:negative:

Notice that, outside of a completely throwaway line about Canto Bight in one episode, none of Filoni's works (Mandalorian; Clone Wars; Rebels) has even a single mention of anything related to Disney Wars? It seems obvious he attempts to "wait out the storm" with his works, and make them as easy as possible to reinstate into a potential reboot.

Oh, one more thing: about Ashoka being confirmed as dead in Rise of Stinkwalker? Filoni already confirmed this is not the case. A "regular" LucasFilm employee just straight out told in an interview that the movie is wrong.
That explains why Mandalorian felt like a cartoon more than like a TV show or a movie.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Yep, basically what is happening to the Forgotten Realms franchise is a GREAT template to what will happen to the Star Wars franchise. Basically everyone still somewhat invested in the franchise, including Filoni himself, are waiting for the inevitable "soft reboot" to happen.

Don't give me hope.

:negative:

Notice that, outside of a completely throwaway line about Canto Bight in one episode, none of Filoni's works (Mandalorian; Clone Wars; Rebels) has even a single mention of anything related to Disney Wars? It seems obvious he attempts to "wait out the storm" with his works, and make them as easy as possible to reinstate into a potential reboot.

Oh, one more thing: about Ashoka being confirmed as dead in Rise of Stinkwalker? Filoni already confirmed this is not the case. A "regular" LucasFilm employee just straight out told in an interview that the movie is wrong.
That explains why Mandalorian felt like a cartoon more than like a TV show or a movie.

True, but that does not detract from my enjoyment of the good parts. Or my raeg at the bad ones.

Anyway, to steer things closer to topic, the waiting made me finally install PF:K to scratch my BG itch. Game is pretty decent, I esp. like the camping mechanics. Wonder if Larian will at all think of something similar, or forego that element completely.

Elex

Arbiter
In 5e books there is no reference about spellplague.

not a single NPC with a spellscar.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
In 5e books there is no reference about spellplague.

not a single NPC with a spellscar.
Not true. the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide talks plenty about the Spellplague, and how the Sundering has reversed some but not all the effects of the Spellplague.

Efe

Erudite
just took a quick look at two locations with spellplague in it. both said that part of the world was removed to another plane/world during spellplague and came back after it buggered off..
is this the common theme? if so its only a reference about spellplague's irrelevance .

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
for BG3, much depends on whether i'll be able to create a full party of my own and condemn pre-made NPCs to the void where they rightfully belong

don't give me a D&D game but create the characters for me, or stern words will be sent in a letter to the editor

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
This game is not real. It does not exist ,they have nothing to show. Game is development hell. I got proofs but I won't tell.
You're wrong.
it-s-true-all-of-it.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
Imagine thinking that TLJ 'fixes' anything
Don't worry, Rise of Skywalker brought back both the fascism and the incest, so everything is fine now, TLJ can't hurt the canon anymore.
I'm afraid to ask but here it goes - what "fascism" ?

More importantly, what incest?
Something to do with Ben and Rey being distantly related? I have no idea, I've tried my best to scrub TLJ from my memory and I didn't bother seeing RoS

Mortmal

Arcane
Got any good houserules for multiclassing in B/X? It's weird how all demihumans are fighters.
B./X is not really about multiclassing, there's some options so your elves and dwarves arent just sub fighters after they reach their level cap, they got low level cap and supposed to learn a few more martial abilties learned from human races that to compensate for better saving throws and darkvision...Introduced in GAZ5 The Elves Of Alfheim , you can level your elf more as a druid, druidic spells in becmi were specific cleric spells(companion book). In GAZ13 The Shadow Elves, your elf can specialize as wizard(or was it in gaz5 already?) and no longer get martial abilities past the level cap.For dwarf cleric you have to look at GAZ6 The Dwarves Of Rockhome.Those arent houserules but real official material.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Also Morblot , read page 29 of companion's book. Demi humans clans have a very powerful relic they can tap power from+ special crafts , that allows them to cast whole range of cleric spells up to resurection. It's not clear although who's the keeper of the relic, if its the pc or another clan member.Relic said to be kept in the stronghold , and in expert rules you already can build the clan stronghold.

Efe

Erudite
they actually decided on an unearthed homunculus like experiment from irenicus's lab being main protag as it also enables them to loredump the world while staying in character.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, and more more piece of information: Larian still hasn't decided who the protagonist of BG III will be. And yes, a Bhaalspawn is on the table, or at least was as late as December 2019.
Them not having decided on specifics does explain the total lack of PR and communication, so I'm kinda willing to believe that's the case.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I

Oh, and more more piece of information: Larian still hasn't decided who the protagonist of BG III will be. And yes, a Bhaalspawn is on the table, or at least was as late as December 2019.

That would hardly be surprising it's fairly normal that writers write the story around the stuff designers and artist have already made.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's the opposite of what they should be doing, lololol. If it's true, then it's no wonder video game writing is such a clusterfucky trainwreck.

Dodo1610

Arcane
That's the opposite of what they should be doing, lololol. If it's true, then it's no wonder video game writing is such a clusterfucky trainwreck.

How else do you think writing works for games? The writer has a great idea ->Devs try to make a game around it with the technical and financial limitations they have -> What they make turns out to be very different than what the author had in mind-> author changes the story because that's always cheaper than throwing away or changing the assets.

Turuko

Learned
for BG3, much depends on whether i'll be able to create a full party of my own and condemn pre-made NPCs to the void where they rightfully belong

don't give me a D&D game but create the characters for me, or stern words will be sent in a letter to the editor

q2H7IE0.jpg

bet they will probably go with a similar system to DOS2?
predetermined characters with the freedom to build them how you want

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom