Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh gee willikers, I do wonder what prophecy is finally getting fulfilled?

Andhaira

Arcane
I hope they add a sorcerer or warlock type unit allowing you some limited, dark spell casting ability. Or a cultist that can actually, you know summon the aid of its dark patron.

Some of the most important members of The Black Company were their wizards, after all.

Harthwain

Magister
I am curious if they add more interesting mechanics (think: more Beasts and Exploration rather than Warriors of the North). Having more weapons/enemies/events is secondary to me at this point.

I hope they add a sorcerer or warlock type unit allowing you some limited, dark spell casting ability. Or a cultist that can actually, you know summon the aid of its dark patron.
I would abandon all hope if I were you. They said from the beginning that Battle Brothers themselves won't have access to real magic, only a placebo.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Some of the most important members of The Black Company were their wizards, after all.
I love the BB fighting system and I think you can add spells to include magic users. In fact, I hope someone does it and creates great RPGs with it.

Just keep it out of Battle Brothers.

Grit & steel vs magic & monstrosities is a big part of the charm.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Magic for the player is haram in this game.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Magic for the player is haram in this game.
Magic IS haram. Someone should report Andhaira to his local mullah.

Andhaira

Arcane
I am curious if they add more interesting mechanics (think: more Beasts and Exploration rather than Warriors of the North). Having more weapons/enemies/events is secondary to me at this point.

I would abandon all hope if I were you. They said from the beginning that Battle Brothers themselves won't have access to real magic, only a placebo.

They also said they would never come back to the game after launch and there would be no DLC. We are coming onto 4 DLCs now (including Lindwurm)

I bet if they never had legendary items and someone requested that as a feature everyone would say Legendary Items are crap fantasy-shit and has no place in BB. Ditto for the monsters in B&B, as well as the crafting.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They also said they would never come back to the game after launch and there would be no DLC. We are coming onto 4 DLCs now (including Lindwurm)

I bet if they never had legendary items and someone requested that as a feature everyone would say Legendary Items are crap fantasy-shit and has no place in BB. Ditto for the monsters in B&B, as well as the crafting.

More DLC doesn't change the design principles though. And they had a legendary item (Fangshire Helmet) from he beginning, so those aren't a new concept either.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly I hope they would do something new with the expansion.

I agree with Roxor review that past certain hours (40ish for me) you are just keeping doing something over and over, and every single losses become a chore to recover.

The new starting options are nice to alleviate early-mid game fatigue. Wish they do something on the lategame besides "here is some super though enemies that is good for bragging if you defeat them but probably set you back 5 - 10 hours of gameplay coz your men now dead."

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

I agree with Roxor review that past certain hours (40ish for me) you are just keeping doing something over and over, and every single losses become a chore to recover.

The new starting options are nice to alleviate early-mid game fatigue. Wish they do something on the lategame besides here is some super though enemies that is good for bragging if you defeat them but probably set you back 5 - 10 hours of gameplay coz your men now dead.

You can stop playing Ironman after some point.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

The new starting options are nice to alleviate early-mid game fatigue. Wish they do something on the lategame besides here is some super though enemies that is good for bragging if you defeat them but probably set you back 5 - 10 hours of gameplay coz your men now dead.

You can stop playing Ironman after some point.

I mean sure. But nature of the game as currently is that the biggest challenge in the lategame is attrition. The various DLC only gives attrition in another form (namely mega beast and super buff wild men). I honestly have no idea on how they could freshen up lategame experience, I just wish they could.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Wasn't Darth Roxor's review 'I couldn't shoot over this big rock, so I'll pan the game in a butthurt rage'?

I'll give you that the 'Crises' don't create a satisfying ending for a campaign. Maybe they all should include a 'Big Final Battle', but I imagine that would get old fast in a longer playthrough. You could make up your own archenemy - Witches, Gobbos, Orc, Kraken, Undead etc. - and retire once you've beaten the respective legendary location.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
and every single losses become a chore to recover.
there is no reason to take losses without a sufficient reward

if you aren't good enough to ironman the game then just do like 3 reloads per fight

only absolute retards unironically lose a random usable brother in an irrelevant zero reward fight and keep grinding

Norfleet

That's why we need samurai expansion - katana is superior choice in every situation! It can cut ork warboss in half in one slash!
Heh, maybe that will turn out to be true, but I guess orcs are not known for the quality of their armor-crafting. It would be funny if it turns out that, like in the real world, katanas suck vs. heavy metal armor, the kind that would NOT be found in Japan due to the lack of quality metal, as if swords were somehow made to be adapted to the threat profiles they would encounter, and the katana's typical prey is unarmored peasants and guys in lacquered leather armor, and trying to whack a guy in a metal can would just fuck up the sword.

Of course, swords in general don't perform their best vs. heavy metal armor, period, but the katana is a nearly pure slashing weapon that fares absolutely terribly against this.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That's why we need samurai expansion - katana is superior choice in every situation! It can cut ork warboss in half in one slash!
Heh, maybe that will turn out to be true, but I guess orcs are not known for the quality of their armor-crafting. It would be funny if it turns out that, like in the real world, katanas suck vs. heavy metal armor, the kind that would NOT be found in Japan due to the lack of quality metal, as if swords were somehow made to be adapted to the threat profiles they would encounter, and the katana's typical prey is unarmored peasants and guys in lacquered leather armor, and trying to whack a guy in a metal can would just fuck up the sword.

Of course, swords in general don't perform their best vs. heavy metal armor, period, but the katana is a nearly pure slashing weapon that fares absolutely terribly against this.
It's american propaganda. They were just scared after they saw what katana can do to tank or plane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom