Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And I made your mums a mixtape.

Run her a nice hot bath. Don't forget to add a drop of shampoo. Light some beeswax candles and put this on for her:

She'll thank you later.

You have a square face. Also strangely you don't look like a faggot,huh you learn something new every day.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The takeaway is that Kasparov was in the final stretch for his Master’s and still managed to finish PoE multiple times..

:rpgcodex:

But really, great job and very informative video.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
In this thread:

1. People insulting each other for over last 15 pages. I liked the spoiler thread better.
2. Right-wingers laugh at DE not selling. Unlike PS:T and Troika games. Oh wait...
3. Left-wingers defending Marxism, to the irony of DE's description: "it failed so many times, but will surely work this time" (Big Communist Builder).

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Witcher 3 is the embodiment of decline. Your analogy that they aimed low is accurate, but why should that be applauded? It is a garbage game that dumbed down virtually every mechanic that makes Witcher unique, it is generic milquetoast AAA trite that primarily did well because it was boosted by console players raised on Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Ubisoft open world game design.

Going back to your analogy, it is better to aim high and miss than aim low and hit the target, especially when the target is a pile of shit. Simple as.

overly excitable young man

Dumbing down? Well Witcher series was decline from the start.
I like it for what it is but it's basically decline.

I just think that it's dishonest. You're screaming around: "lol crpg" , "be the cop you want to be" and then behind your back the decline starts creeping in.
Aiming that high is pathetic.
You could have just aimed a little lower and made an amazing game.
But they dug too deep and ruined the game.

Harthwain

Magister
Witcher 3 is the embodiment of decline. Your analogy that they aimed low is accurate, but why should that be applauded? It is a garbage game that dumbed down virtually every mechanic that makes Witcher unique, it is generic milquetoast AAA trite that primarily did well because it was boosted by console players raised on Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Ubisoft open world game design.

Going back to your analogy, it is better to aim high and miss than aim low and hit the target, especially when the target is a pile of shit. Simple as.
Sandbox games tend to do very well in general. I wonder if that's one of the key elements of TW3's success? Other than that I would suspect quest design (each quest feeling unique not being MMO-inspired "bring me 4x of Y" shit) and the game overall being very cinematic-heavy (including its non-plot quests). Even I will admit that the above elements were well done and probably helped to sell the whole game, even though many other parts - including crucial gameplay elements - were mediocre at best, if not straight up weak.

In achieving what?
Disco Elysium failed its basic premise.
Witcher 3 is good at being a stupid ARPG.
Disco failed at failing? That almost sounds like a praise, given that the game is very failure-driven.

overly excitable young man

Lol Nah, I don't think that DEs premise was to fail.
tbh i'm not really sure if it even has a premise.
I don't know why it exists and i don't know why it exists the way it does.

Harthwain

Magister
MartVirkusArcadeRage-700x664.jpeg

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

I wonder who are those tasteless people who made TW3 codexian GOTY.

Prime Junta

In-depth talk/interview by Robert Kurvitz:

Edit: hey Roguey you're wrong, they're not elitists, Robert says so himself

Edit 2: what does he want to do next? sex and violence

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom