Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Ysaye

Arbiter
Mystic Knight for the win!

I played as a Mystic Knight and it was fun no doubt. But I think if I was to come back to this game I would play as a Sorcerer....

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's hard to see the appeal of arc of deliverance after playing sorceror. Why charge up for 30 minutes to kill a foe when you can charge up for 30 minutes to kill all the foes and anything else that is going to show up until you're finished making dinner?

Hyperion

Arcane
It's hard to see the appeal of arc of deliverance after playing sorceror. Why charge up for 30 minutes to kill a foe when you can charge up for 30 minutes to kill all the foes and anything else that is going to show up until you're finished making dinner?
Because I can withstand the destructive force of goblin throwing a rock at me without having to jump away like a nonce

Black

Arcane
AoE stuff will never be as personal.

fighter can perform a perfect block...

I've been doing that, but unlike in other games, it's kind of pointless. In Dark Souls, a perfect block stops a dangerous attack and gives you a massive damage boost on the counter. In BotW, a perfect block stops a dangerous attack and lets you get a few shots in.

In DD, it's almost impossible to get a perfect block against regular enemies, because 90% of the time they will be on the ground rolling in fire, thanks to pawns. And against large enemies, they are such bullet sponges that you are better off just climbing them and spamming away.

Delterius

Arcane

Black Angel

Arcane
All vocations are fun on its own, tbh.

Initially, I thought staying a Fighter/Strider/Magician is pointless because they're 'starting class'. But then I realized 'upgrading' to higher tier means giving up certain advantages, like letting go defensive capabilities of a Fighter for maximum offensive power output of a Warrior. Then I saw that one pawn from the Rift who's a Magician, and yet she outdid me in terms of raw power like a billion to one. This was 6-7 years ago, on PS3.

Hyperion

Arcane
fighter can perform a perfect block...

I've been doing that, but unlike in other games, it's kind of pointless. In Dark Souls, a perfect block stops a dangerous attack and gives you a massive damage boost on the counter. In BotW, a perfect block stops a dangerous attack and lets you get a few shots in.

In DD, it's almost impossible to get a perfect block against regular enemies, because 90% of the time they will be on the ground rolling in fire, thanks to pawns. And against large enemies, they are such bullet sponges that you are better off just climbing them and spamming away.
What kind of limp wristed nerd perfect blocks as a Fighter when Dragon's Maw gives you immunity to literally everything in the game.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Found this at le reddit. Some 4chan leaks, most probably fake and gay, but you never know

zkztb0kvvcb41.png

Sentinel

Arcane
it's fake and gay. original post that was posted last year had some deviant art pic that OP claimed was "concept art". He was exposed and called a fag, but keeps reposting his shitty pasta every couple days.

That said, DD2 is happening.

Sentinel

Arcane
Probably, because it won't have Grigori, and to me Grigori is the central piece of Dragon's Dogma. Without it, DD would be completely unremarkable generic pile of shit with good combat but not much meat around it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope DD2 never happens because I know that if it does, it will be nearly 100% likely to be multiplayer shit instead of a proper singleplayer sequel.
Dragon's Dogma online is just giving you the benefit of hindsight here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom