Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Ahahahaha :lol::lol::lol:
PCGamer Review said:
Iceborne has almost nothing to offer.
There's always been an unease for me in playing these games where I'm asked to go out, invade the habitats of these species and kill them to make the next set of armour and weapons. With World the discomfort was extreme at times, beating monsters till they limped then being asked to lop off their tails to hear whines and squeals. You don't just kill the monsters in these games—you make them suffer. Engaging as its loop is, as enthralling as its fights are, I've always been disappointed that they've created such a rich ecosystem and the only thing they can ask me to do in it is murder everything.

Monster Hunter is bad because you hunt monsters in it.

Last edited:

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
The way the review is written is probably very deliberate tbh. Hate clicks are an effective way of generating revenue in the journalism world nowadays.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The whole scientific study and ecology blah blah of the expedition is funny though when all you do is murder monsters. Like the Japanese and whale hunting for research purposes.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
To anyone who says that they lost performance. When you install iceborne game resets every display settings and uses some sort of retarded auto swich for options based on your hardware. MHW is notorious to have graphical options that barely do anything and cost 50% of performance. The main culprit is here is LOD.

So play with options.

In my case when i switched to options i wanted my performace actually went up a lot. I used to have issues in forest and dips below 60fps and now whole game is 60fps smooth.
Could you post a list/screenshot of your graphics settings? I never paid attention to my settings to begin with but took a hit to performance with the patch, not sure what I should turn up and I'd rather not spend hours changing one setting at a time and testing it on a hunt.

Perkel

Arcane
Just set everything to low and bump up until you get enough performance/quality ratio

mogwaimon

Magister
guys it's already been proven that iceborne added in new anti-cheat software that is hogging the CPU, any performance loss in Iceborne isn't because of 'reset settings', though there was also a rare save deletion bug going around too (guess it was on first boot, so anyone playing now is safe, I think). there's an exe out there that kills the anti-cheat and restores performance, and if you don't want to deal with that there's another workaround that involves initiating a shutdown of MHW but not clicking ok to finalize it, somehow that kills the threads that deal with anti-cheat and frees up the CPU.

i'm personally going to just wait and see if they patch it, or if a more refined 3rd party fix is released. Game runs 'well enough' for me as is right now after some tweaks but i'm not going to put undue strain on my CPU if i can help it.

Damned Registrations

I was just reading abou all that shit, apparently the antianticheat and the close program fakeout fixes each fix a separate problem and can be used together for even better performance. Either way it's a total crock of shit that they fucked up their game that badly for the sake of DRM that doesn't even work.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Lol DRM, once patches and enough extra dlc are out I'm pirating it, never intended to buy a steam exclusive from the start, especially considering it also has denuvo.

It's funny about "oh no killing monsters is bad" argument being told to use the capture mechanic instead, because I reserve capturing for the monsters I hate the most. When you kill a monster, it's over, but when you capture a monster, it gets tortured and experimented on by the guild.

Vorark

Erudite
It's funny about "oh no killing monsters is bad" argument being told to use the capture mechanic instead, because I reserve capturing for the monsters I hate the most. When you kill a monster, it's over, but when you capture a monster, it gets tortured and experimented on by the guild.

Another way was to slay it and then kick its corpse. Shame there's no dedicated kick button in World.

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, Barioth seems to be the skill and equipment check for people entering into Master Rank (G-Rank). He took me three tries solo.

First time, I went in with the equipment I had been gathering since I started Iceborne. Weapon was fine, but I found I needed armor with some higher elemental resistance. I carted once during that fight, but ran out of time and I'm guessing I got him down to about 1/4 HP. Second fight, I went in with some more appropriate armor and managed to get him near death without a single cart, but again, ran out of time. So it became apparent that time was the major factor here, despite the fact that I was being extremely aggressive and dealing damage at every possible moment. I felt if I had just 5 or 10 more minutes, I'd be fine getting him with maybe some time to spare. On the third try, I managed to get him with 2 minutes to spare, but only because I used the environment to my advantage (dropped some stuff on his head), and he got beat down in a turf war near the end.

Overall, it was a great fight and I really enjoyed getting to know his moveset. The biggest annoyance is when you know that you're basically dealing as much damage as you possibly can, have some of the best equipment you can have, using every item and trap at your disposal, and you still can't get him with your capped gear at that point without using environmental hazards. I like having the option to use the environment as a tool for hunting, but I kind of felt forced to in this case. He has a ton of HP on solo.

Last edited:

Dyskolos

Cipher
The biggest annoyance is when you know that you're basically dealing as much damage as you possibly can, have some of the best equipment you can have, using every item and trap at your disposal, and you still can't get him with your capped gear at that point without using environmental hazards.

Are you using the clutch claw? I hadn't paid it much attention at the start but getting good at clutch+wall bang feels a must for keeping solo times reasonable. Hide softening is useful too but wall bang does 1200 damage and topples them for the next few seconds.

Jinn

Arcane
Are you using the clutch claw? I hadn't paid it much attention at the start but getting good at clutch+wall bang feels a must for keeping solo times reasonable. Hide softening is useful too but wall bang does 1200 damage and topples them for the next few seconds.

Yeah, I do a lot of clutch clawing to soften hides, particularly on breakable parts. Now wall slam is something I'm not familiar with yet, or maybe missed a tutorial on. It sounds like something that would have helped A LOT with Barioth. I'll have to look into it.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pre-release Notification of Upcoming Patch

Addressing issue pertaining to high CPU usage

[Issue Summary]

We've noted an issue that resulted in an unusually high level of CPU utilization during active gameplay. The upcoming patch, which should be released in the coming days, should improve CPU utilization.

Please note the upcoming patch will update MONSTER HUNTER WORLD: ICEBORNE to Ver.10.12.01.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

mogwaimon

Magister
the patch is out and some people are reporting even worse performance than before, and what's worse the bypass that was available is now broken. still haven't tried it on my end yet though. Sucks because I was one of the ones who had no problems with World at launch but I guess turnabout is fair play because Iceborne is now giving me trouble.

Damned Registrations

Yeah that's exactly the boat I'm in. As it stands now, there's currently just enough lag to make it unplayable. Bought a copy of the base game for a friend and he bought a copy for his friend just before iceborne came out too, and now we can't play together. Fucking blows.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The game just looks like shit. It is as if they just don't bother tuning the post processing etc... to actually look good for the game and just included default engine settings. It has absolutely no consistency. Some places will look like dotted grids, some like pixelated 1990s game and somehow manage to be both blurry as fuck and jiggy at the same time. This game literally hurts to look at with any settings. Downloading reshade and sharpening the image "fixes" some things somewhat but further distorts the image in other ways. Almost every single post processing effect uses some kind of incredibly low res setting because reflections look pixelated and ao shadows look blocky.

This is actually plague of modern gaming. They keep introducing post processing effects that force you to use post processing AA like TAA or FXAA. The problem is almost every game completely fails to make this trade off of not having MSAA anywhere close to worth it. People still end up turning the post effects for fps or because it looks like shit so why not just not have them to begin with and just keep it old school AA options.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yea except gameplay is a clunky mess too. This game is a pure console decline. I suspect most people just can't tell the difference between their grinding addiction and actual gameplay hence the praise of dumb shit like MHW, Warframe, POE type games.

It has the DS gameplay loop of waiting for safe to attack time window except with additional lengthy clunkiness and most importantly without all the incline of atmosphere that DS excels at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom