Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kenshi - open-ended sandbox RPG set in a desert world

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm tempted to check my dude into slavery for all that training, but I'm worried about how the dog I bought would manage on its own. 'tis but a wee pup.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Strength in the 60's, toughness in the mid 40's, agility in the high 20's, dodge high 40's, martial arts in the low 40s for one guy, lock picking in the 70s for both guys, laboring in the 80s, and athletics in the 70s. And I still have about 70 or 80 days to go before year one is done and I escape.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I've got quite a lot of them. Living World, Let's Talk, Hives Expanded, More Combat Animation, Sensible Spider Range, Hydroponics plus, Impaler armor set, Racial diversity (formerly multirace bandits), gusoku armor set, more bounties, faction caravans(robbing caravans is fun. Robbing attacked caravans is even more fun), NPC enjoy more shopping, More Names!, Faces plus, Enhanced Shopping economy, In-Game Biome map, Dark UI, 256 recruitment limit.

Check them out, maybe one of those will fit You. There is quite a lot of great mods which might improve Your overall experience with Kenshi.

You can also check Swish Mods: xxx expansion, as they expand some territories with new cities and such.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Day 280. The escape may come sooner than anticipated. While Malak Red-Hand has proven capable, Kell Iron-Hide is a mad berserker. One by one, the two have beaten down guards with their fists until only those guarding the gates remain. And they are falling. Kell is now training his hacker skill using a stolen paladin cross. And his stats are overall admirable.
Wait til I get Beep.

There is no work being done in the prison. Most of the slaves are gone it appears and it looks the empty graveyard.

Reputation with Holy Nation is --76

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Day 281: from the writings of Kell Iron-Hide

After beating enough guards, Malak and I were left to our own devices. As long as we picked up a pick for an hour or so a day, we were ignored. Not that it mattered. There weren't enough guards at that point to make every slave work. I'd seen to that.
When they bothered to accompany me, they'd come four at a time.

Weak fucks.

Still, that's not to say slavery wasn't without entertainment. Seven guards joined Malak and myself, punishment for getting beaten so horribly with my fists. Malak helped some. But the tall bastard was a bit too awkward to really be helpful. That was seven men I'd add to the tally of dead already attributed to my name.

I think I'll kill them tonight.

Delterius

Arcane
Damn, did Kenshi ever fix the 'train stealth by being restrained next to a guard and a light source, reach 100 in a day' bug? Because I love it.
Using exploits makes baby jesus cry.
did you ever try hiding inside a cage while trying to open it from the inside

ain't easy

ergo +++ exp

now, in all seriousness its just such a hilarious thing to see I'd like it if it stayed in even if I don't use it

Last edited:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
A'ight. I'll try to start another playthrough with living world. Reactive world didn't work that well for me in my last one. IIRC, I've built a base in shem and was pretty much untouchable at some point. This time I'll go with more exploring, starting as a slave. Might be fun to come back, who knows.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Not sure if was posted:

Must have mods to fix crashes (low ram under 16) and performance:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1649794243&searchtext=compressed Reduces the Textures to 1024 and some to 2048 - reduces the loading times, improves fps with a small hit in graphic quality
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1670632089&searchtext=clutter+0.25 Reduces map clutter to 0.25 (0.5 is bugged) - the biggest performance mod, on some systems it doubles the fps and reduces the loading times by a lot
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1630021836&searchtext=reduced+weather - Reduce weather effects, rain (vain) etc

If you experience crashes sometimes, try to verify integrity of the game files through steam, because due to crashes on exit, or in some instances, it corrupts the main files.

unvpaxlma2v21.jpg

(i dont like Dark UI, even if the font is better)

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLOLLLOL I SHOULS TRY THIS AGAIN

I BOUGHT IT ON GAMERSGATE FOR LIKE FIVE DOLLARS FOR TEN GAMES OR SOME SHIT LOLLLOL

I WENT FAR ENOUGH TO KILL SOMETHING ONCE LLLOLOLLL I SENSE MANY FUN IN THE GAME JUST GOT TIRED OF DOING STUPID SHIT AND GETTING QRECKED

Delterius

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1880985984

unofficial expansion with new world states

wooooooo

Kaizo (改造, remodel/reorganize) is an overhaul mod intended to make the game more interesting for repeat playthroughs. The mod adds a large amount of content and makes the world more dynamic while attempting to remain lore-friendly in all aspects.

Import is required for old saves.

List of new World States[pastebin.com]

AI AND DIALOGUE:
- Dozens of new interactive dialogue lines
(e.g. Proactively give money to starvers, engage in diplomacy or start fights with bandits)
- Many tweaks to NPC AI packages for more lifelike behavior:
-- NPCs won't try to heal when squad mates are under attack
-- Bandits can kidnap people who get KOd in their towns instead of ignoring them
-- Gate guards rescue downed allies instead of ignoring them
-- Cannibal Hunters attack passing cannibals instead of ignoring them

- Dialogue tweaks made for bug fixes and more lifelike behavior:
-- NPCs won't yell about intruders who are already imprisoned
-- Hungry Bandits more often demand food before attacking
-- Inquisitors won't let you just walk away from them carrying Emperor Tengu
-- Bandits are generally less likely to attack when outnumbered or injured
-- More NPCs will actually react to failed assassination attempts
-- Shek bandits remember you from the last time they picked a fight
-- Certain skeletons are more careful about saying certain things
-- More lines of dialogue that reflect speaker's personality

- More recruitment scenarios for solitary, non-hostile NPCs in a bad situation
(e.g. solitary starvers or escaped slaves)
- NPCs (particularly bandits) loot unconscious foes with greater frequency
- Homeless/starving characters may eat food from the ground or steal food from sleepers
This can count as a crime and will provoke a response if they're caught
- Some tweaks to prevent suicidal behavior / avoid very undesirable situations
(e.g. Burn will now stay inside before meeting the player)
- Additive word swap edits and new tokens for more variation in dialogue
- Non-destructive edits to vanilla dialogue providing minor typo and bug fixes
- Removed DC_IS_PLAYER check from some dialogue lines, allowing more NPC interactions

CAMPS, RESIDENTS, AND HOMELESS SPAWNS:
- Spawn lists are more diverse,
- Spawn rates tweaked for many zones.
- Zones are less "leveled" and stronger enemies occasionally spawn in weaker areas
(e.g. Band of Bones and Kral's Chosen squads may appear in the Border Zone)
- New kinds of camps for various factions, some depend on world states to spawn
- Homeless bandits less frequent, bandit activity more tied to camps
- Major factions spawn War Camps when leaders start to fall
(only HN and Flotsam are implemented as yet)
- More roaming squads that stop and hang out in bars
- More resident squads set to regenerate (kill off a town to stop squads from regenerating)
- More buildings are for sale, where it would seem to make sense
(e.g. ruins in non-military towns)
- Other buildings can be purchased once certain world state conditions are met
(e.g. Burn's Tower if Burn is killed)
- Item vendor lists added to some town resident squads to make the world seem more lived in
(e.g. squatters keep collections of scavenged stuff)

CHARACTERS:
- Many new generic NPCs bring the world to life
- More characters have randomly-generated names
Non-leader bandits, guards and other "faceless" types still tend not to have names.
- More thematic pacifiers and new ones for some factions lacking them:
Tech Hunters, Machinists: Shark
Mercenary Guild, Reavers: Black Scratch
Skeletons, Cannibal Hunters, Deadcat: World's End
Swampers, Blackshifters, Grayflayers, Stone Rats: Flats Lagoon
Twinblades, Nomads, Manhunters: Mourn
- Small (<1%) chance for military characters outside the HN to spawn with skeletal limb(s)
- Some characters have more random skill distributions

REBALANCES:
- Overall difficulty increased
- Adjusted faction importance for assorted NPCs for more sensible reactions.
(e.g. Hungry Bandits have less importance, certain Swamper Gang Leaders have more).
- Holy Nation armies more competitive, with slightly better gear and new weapon grade
- Generic recruits slightly more common, and some squads regenerate.
- Ordinary Lanterns more commonly found in trade shops
- No-go zones are less restrictive
(e.g. Band of Bones will enter the Border Zone)
- More weapon variation for NPCs (less so for soldiers who should use issued equipment)
- Greater clothing/armor variation for NPCs that don't wear a uniform
(e.g. Hungry Bandits and Slave Hunters don't all have identical outfits).
- More protective gear for bandits operating in harsh environments
(e.g. breathing masks for Cloud Ninjas)
- Greater range of squad sizes while preserving average number of characters per squad
(extremely large spawns are not changed due to performance concerns)
- Mercenaries offer longer contracts, up to 1 week for bodyguards and 30 days for outpost duty
(Guard job dialogue now explicitly states *nearest* outpost)
- Hiring mercenaries for very long contracts will slightly increase relations with them
- Main factions conduct stronger late-stage campaigns
- Ranged units added to most major faction armies
- Rescaled equipment quality (important/skilled characters less likely to have shoddy gear)

WORLD STATES:
- Dozens of new world states, complete list is found below
- Changed some existing world states to disregard player involvement
(e.g. Shark overrides)
- Some settlements more resistant to world state changes with new local leaders
(e.g. Rebirth, Okran's Fist)

ZONE-SPECIFIC CHANGES:
Arm of Okran: Added homeless spawns; Tech hunters, escapees and slave hunters, some starvers, possibly flotsam / holy nation patrols (depends on world state)
Rebirth: 0.1x rate Homeless spawns added: Goats, rare chance of broken skeleton
Heng, Great Desert: Reduced number of homeless Skimmer squads

FACTION-SPECIFIC CHANGES:
Many of these, see link for detailed list: https://pastebin.com/raw/gxrPuxJq

COMPATIBILITY NOTES:
Kaizo is a large mod and should be placed low in the load order to avoid conflicts. See the Compatibility Discussion for more detail.
There may be some unexpected behavior if combined with other mods that make sweeping changes to AI packages and world states.
If there's a mod you want to get working with Kaizo, then please comment about it. A patch might be feasible.

THANKS AND CREDITS
Thanks to Boron, Nanogiraffe, oi__io, Shidan, I.C.E., Thoros and Cataphractoi for the following guides that helped get this project off the ground and released:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1444279946
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804686889
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287177013
https://steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/3/351660338683696515/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/3/365163686051518697
https://steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/3/1640912849396702757/

Further thanks to HaTsUnE_NeKo for constantly answering others' questions that I had to search, and to the Super Mario Kaizo community for inspiring this mod's name.

And thanks to Lo-Fi for creating and releasing a most excellent game.

SEE ALSO:

Reactive World by Shidan - I played this mod before and during Kaizo's development and was undoubtedly influenced by it. Strongly recommended, but compatibility will be difficult to do.

Please leave any feedback you have and report any bugs you may encounter.

Molina

Savant
Between Kaizo, Living World and Reactive world, which one is best ? (I don't want to try 3 times a new save).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom