Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2019 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
more credible
:deathclaw:
What makes my poll not so credible? I posted all the rpgs and people just vote,there is nothing credible or not about it.
*More* credible, as in yours is more credible because only codex accounts can vote, and can only vote once.
Are you sure the Google voting does not offer the capability of filtering out multiple votes by the same IP or other excluding criteria (if it even counts them as multiple votes to begin with)?
Just because you can go somewhere and click buttons, doesn't mean it will actually have an effect.

Of course, you are right that it does allow non-Codex voters.
But I'm sure a hefty bribe towards DU will make him consider integrating a proper voting system into the forum/site/account code...

You can also give me or any other mildly capable programmer on the Codex a bribe to do just that ;)
Don't know if there is an option but our poll does take them in to account. Last year i trolled felipepepe with a dozen of spam asscreed(if i remember correctly) votes and he ended up deleting them.

Mortmal

Arcane
Poll lacks Nintendo Ring Fit Adventure.
yes, but here amongst us who really had the courage to use it ? I am sure when asked everyone would look at their feet with shame, for those who can still see them of course.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you sure the Google voting does not offer the capability of filtering out multiple votes by the same IP or other excluding criteria
6 September 2019:
https://support.google.com/docs/thread/13719157?hl=en&msgid=13721959
Google Forms does not have that feature. If you would like additional features or options, you should provide feedback to Google. Go to the edit form view, in the bottom right corner is a "?" icon for "Report a problem". You can share requests and ideas here. The Google product team does review this feedback. The more request for a feature, the more likely for it to be added.

Even if Google forms did allow seeing IP addresses of people voted, this wouldn't stop dedicated autists, who would use alterantive devices and connect through different networks, where their IP would be different to vote multiple times. Locking votes to codex forum accounts prevents these exploits.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't know if there is an option but our poll does take them in to account. Last year i trolled felipepepe with a dozen of spam asscreed(if i remember correctly) votes and he ended up deleting them.
As he explained himself, he deleted votes which seemed suspicous to him. Multiple identical votes coming in the span of a few minutes and then stopping is obvious trolling. You should have been more intelligent in your deception strategy. But if you are more careful this year, you may fool him.

Viata

Arcane
Because I have played like 3 or so games, I have not voted. Still, I'm way more interested in the TOP 5 than the first place(no matter what game wins). At most, I can play 5 good games, at worst, this year sucked more than I thought.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even if Google forms did allow seeing IP addresses of people voted, this wouldn't stop dedicated autists, who would use alterantive devices and connect through different networks, where their IP would be different to vote multiple times.
Given that this is the Codex, I think that we should not attempt to stop dedicated autists.
They need space to flourish.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As he explained himself, he deleted votes which seemed suspicous to him. Multiple identical votes coming in the span of a few minutes and then stopping is obvious trolling. You should have been more intelligent in your deception strategy. But if you are more careful this year, you may fool him.
Oh yeas,i know that :). I just did to troll him,i am not ill spirited to fuck the codex by pushing some garbage game as number one. It won't be that hard to fuck up the score,you just need to vote a few times every hour and mix your scores.

setting up a bot to give DE 1 and Greedfall a 4. if you want to remove the 1s from DE you will have to remove the 4s from Greedfall.

your move fantadomat
Ah don't really care about it jenkem :),despite what you believe i am not a fanboy of the game. I did play it and i did enjoy it greatly,that is all. Getting all 1s or being declared a non rpg,doesn't change the enjoyment of the game for me. Tho it is annoying how much you people had lost your mind. It is like visiting your regular morning coffee place and every fucking day there is somebody that screech in your ear how shit coffee is for an hour. It is annoying and it is getting old,you people have become like fucking sect's disciples.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone saying RPGs are in decline right now is either insane or began playing games after 2012.

But it seems they are. Before that there was a calm - there were people who were like, gather the team and quitely working on their projects.
Bit even mainstream shit was an RPG - Bethesda's games were bad, but they were RPG's more, than new glorious Witcher 3 which is a new industry standart for RPG.
And all the decent project are made by people with old conservative look on PRGs.
Disco Elysium looks just like last surge of vitality of a dying man, cause Estonia somehow avoided all-planet dumbing down, or most likely these dudes in Estonia.

What will new generation do with RPG?
Probably, we need to look ar Pillars of Boredom/SJWnazism, and Torment-yeah-that-right-it-will-be-great-Numazuma to answer that question, as e.g. in these games new generation of writers showed what they worth.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Big RPGs take like 3-5 years to make. We'll soon get the new wave from Bethesda, CD Project, BioWare and other big names, like Elden Ring, Bloodlines 2, Baldur's Gate 3 and Mount & Blade 2.

Even if those suck we'll still have all the AA, indies and Chinese games, like BioMutant, Colony Ship, Sands of Salazar, Solasta, Knights of the Chalice 2, Vampire's Fall, etc. Plus all the surprises we get along the way.

2020 looks very promising, and even 2019 was still miles ahead most of the 2000s.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Anyone saying RPGs are in decline right now is either insane or began playing games after 2012.

But it seems they are. Before that there was a calm - there were people who were like, gather the team and quitely working on their projects.
Bit even mainstream shit was an RPG - Bethesda's games were bad, but they were RPG's more, than new glorious Witcher 3 which is a new industry standart for RPG.
And all the decent project are made by people with old conservative look on PRGs.
Disco Elysium looks just like last surge of vitality of a dying man, cause Estonia somehow avoided all-planet dumbing down, or most likely these dudes in Estonia.

Probably, we need to look ar Pillars of Boredom/SJWnazism, and Torment-yeah-that-right-it-will-be-great-Numazuma to answer that question, as e.g. in these games new generation of writers showed what they worth.

You forgot Underrail, Age of Decadence, D:OS, Pathfinder Kingmaker, Shadowrun Dragonfall, Grimoire, Lords if Xulima, Atom, etc. etc.

The state of RPG's is not nearly as bad as it used to be.

Mortmal

Arcane

You forgot Underrail, Age of Decadence, D:OS, Pathfinder Kingmaker, Shadowrun Dragonfall, Grimoire, Lords if Xulima, Atom, etc. etc.

The state of RPG's is not nearly as bad as it used to be.
Not as bad but there's some subgenre who completely disappeared. Nothing like gold box anymore, and no real D&D game ever . The most promising one solasta dont even own the license. Realms beyond, 3.5 ogl , if not vaporware does not own it either.Pen and paper conversion are completely forgotten.

Prime Junta

Pen and paper conversion are completely forgotten.

Is this necessarily a bad thing?

Computers and DMs have radically different strengths and weaknesses. Faithful PnP conversions only succeed by happenstance: despite the system being converted, because the system happens to work acceptably in a cRPG, or because the system left enough room for interpretation that a version playing to the computer’s strengths could be created.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom