Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

ChaDargo

Arcane
So I'm trying to make a colony on an Ice Sheet. Anyone got some tips? Unmodded except for UI stuff

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also why even if u get a pyromaniac for his rare traits you put him on a steel only environment, exiled from the nicest flammable area of your colony :lol:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It seems if you get a random blight in a field that's not close to other plants it won't spread and the event won't fire again, so that's a neat way to avoid further crop failure.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
So I'm trying to make a colony on an Ice Sheet. Anyone got some tips? Unmodded except for UI stuff

-Build around geyser for starting heat
-Hunt EVERYTHING
-Tech to batteries, then hydroponics asap, then turrets, then geothermal (wall off an area for wind power first)
-Living inside mountains comes with risk of infestation, usually better to roof over enclosed mountain valleys
-Butcher every raider (with psychopath if you have one), but don’t eat the meat unless it’s an emergency/you have a cannibal/you can handle the mood loss (micromanage moods, give best room and food to unhappiest pawn)
-If you are getting desperate, consider popping an ancient danger

Of course, all this is just warmup for the REALLY fun scenario: Tribal Ice Sheet.

Last edited:

Citizen

You have a strong raid, for example, blow the wall and run away/ All the shit inside have a good chance to fight with raiders.

I wonder if you can make a spiderfarm by digging a big unlit room under the mountain and use it as a kind of a killbox to lure the raids inside and make fighters and raiders kill eachother?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You have a strong raid, for example, blow the wall and run away/ All the shit inside have a good chance to fight with raiders.

I wonder if you can make a spiderfarm by digging a big unlit room under the mountain and use it as a kind of a killbox to lure the raids inside and make fighters and raiders kill eachother?

Standard infestation "prevention" method is exactly that, a room deep inside a mountain with a lot of furniture inside and a one-tile access tunnel. That way you can control WHERE the infestations happen.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard02.png

:shitandpiss:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

You could until a point the sectoid colony grows too big and start causing problems to you.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I had the whole colony, 12-ish people, get gut worms. Vomit everywhere, especially in the kitchen and food storage. So everybody also kept getting food poisoning.

-Build around geyser for starting heat
-Hunt EVERYTHING
-Tech to batteries, then hydroponics asap, then turrets, then geothermal (wall off an area for wind power first)
-Living inside mountains comes with risk of infestation, usually better to roof over enclosed mountain valleys
-Butcher every raider (with psychopath if you have one), but don’t eat the meat unless it’s an emergency/you have a cannibal/you can handle the mood loss (micromanage moods, give best room and food to unhappiest pawn)
-If you are getting desperate, consider popping an ancient danger

Of course, all this is just warmup for the REALLY fun scenario: Tribal Ice Sheet.

That's just warm up for Tribal Ice Sheet Permanent Toxic Fallout and Permanent Volcanic Winter.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Permanent toxic is just horrible. The second you kill some for meat in the open it rots. You must be cave people to survive literally.

ChaDargo

Arcane
All you need is the roof it seems to prevent rotting

A roof prevents any of the negative effects of toxic fallout. Also helps to restrict your people to a new area that is only under roofs and then micromanage them if they need to go outside of the roofed area.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I think any sort of toxic build-up before slaughtering ruins the meat. I know you can't use those poison blow guns from weapons mods to hunt for that reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom