Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Vorark

Erudite
Where were your config files at?

By default Citra keeps its settings and saves in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Citra but you can create a folder named "user" in the same directory the .exe is at to avoid cluttering AppData. Maybe the new update just changed the location and so it appears everything got deleted.

Puukko

Arcane
Here's something cool: I booted up SMT Nocturne Chronicle Hardtype - that is, a promotional version that never got released in the west, using a fan translation patch, the hardtype difficulty mod and a fan patch to enable that mod to run on this version of the game. This is very likely the most obscure version of the game to date. All that, and it can still load my old saves for the base Maniax version, with Raidou replacing Dante in my party, should I wish to for some reason.

sullynathan

Arcane
Now with Cemu 1.16.1 I get 55 - 60 fps at 1080p everywhere in BOTW except when there's a shit ton of explosions. Good job. Now if only they have a way to return to main menu and not quit the program, and if they implement a pause and rewind feature.

Puukko

Arcane
False alarm, men. I found a backup of my Citra folder I had made just recently and somehow completely forgotten about it. I do intend to replay IVA and SJR at some point so having the NG+ option is welcome.

spekkio

Arcane
BROs,

I just wanted to let you know, that the "black eyes" bug, which Jak series had been suffering from since forever, has been fixed as of 1.5.0-dev-3250.

So, game looks like this now (native internal res):

wJfXZ3s.jpg

AaMtuNe.jpg

dupFkOE.jpg

fkhj0Wb.jpg

0tUsb6d.jpg

thinking.png

Then I cranked the internal res to 3x & enabled a "deblurring" fix:

Go to config>video>plugin settings, tick enable HW hacks, open advanced settings and hacks, texture offsets set Y to 200.
Outcome:

XEUeGGb.jpg

Framerate is rock-steady 60 FPS, OFC. :obviously:

P6NfYXJ.gif

Reinhardt

Arcane
I got tired of waiting on "good" PS2 emulation and bought a phat for ~$30. Apparently, it's even one of the good revisions. Drive still works and everything.
What's the problem with ps2 emulation? It already worked almost perfectly years ago on any toaster.

JDR13

Arcane
Now with Cemu 1.16.1 I get 55 - 60 fps at 1080p everywhere in BOTW except when there's a shit ton of explosions. Good job. Now if only they have a way to return to main menu and not quit the program, and if they implement a pause and rewind feature.

I haven't tried BotW in awhile, but it ran fine for me on Cemu close to a year ago. How do you emulate the parts that use the gyroscope function of the Wii U controller?

Terra

Cipher
playing some Mana Khemia on PCSX2:

mana-khemia-school.gif
Gust's spritework was pretty nice back in the PS2 era, made me sad when they rolled out that craptastic 3D aesthetic for Ar tonelico 3. Even with their later 3D efforts being technically superior in terms of model aesthetics, I still miss the sprites - none of their post-PS2 titles ever really grabbed me.

Reinhardt

Arcane
playing some Mana Khemia on PCSX2:

mana-khemia-school.gif
Gust's spritework was pretty nice back in the PS2 era, made me sad when they rolled out that craptastic 3D aesthetic for Ar tonelico 3. Even with their later 3D efforts being technically superior in terms of model aesthetics, I still miss the sprites - none of their post-PS2 titles ever really grabbed me.
First Mana Khemia and second Ar Tonelico are still ones of my favorite games ever.

sullynathan

Arcane

I haven't tried BotW in awhile, but it ran fine for me on Cemu close to a year ago. How do you emulate the parts that use the gyroscope function of the Wii U controller?
There's a cemu wiki with instructions. I did mine with a PS3 controller.

JDR13

Arcane

Thanks. I have a DualShock 4 so I guess I should be fine. I plan on doing a full playthrough of BotW eventually, but I want to play Skyward Sword via Dolphin first.

Puukko

Arcane
I got tired of waiting on "good" PS2 emulation and bought a phat for ~$30. Apparently, it's even one of the good revisions. Drive still works and everything.
What's the problem with ps2 emulation? It already worked almost perfectly years ago on any toaster.
Really depends on the game. A bunch of JRPGs required me to fiddle with pixel offsets and VP2 I couldn't get right no matter what. Shadow Hearts Covenant has prominent black screen effects during battle and doesn't play nice with widescreen.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Really depends on the game. A bunch of JRPGs required me to fiddle with pixel offsets and VP2 I couldn't get right no matter what. Shadow Hearts Covenant has prominent black screen effects during battle and doesn't play nice with widescreen.
Don't remember any problems with SH when i played it years ago. VP2 is speshul case - i agree.

sullynathan

Arcane

Thanks. I have a DualShock 4 so I guess I should be fine. I plan on doing a full playthrough of BotW eventually, but I want to play Skyward Sword via Dolphin first.

Follow optimized video instructions

Get shaders for the game.

Follow guide for enabling Gyro for whatever controller you're using. There's a decent amount of shrines you'll need this for.

All things considered, it works great on AMD now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom