Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars 1

deuxhero

Arcane
So I bought it during the steam sale. PVE is really dead in this game.

Any suggestions for early E/Me builds? Currently I'm using a setup where I apply Double Dragon to a melee henchman, Lava Arrows an enemy to activate Double Dragon's cause burn and then Glowing Gaze to recover energy, while using Arcane Echo with meteor Storm to smash large groups of enemies. Any easy way to reach Marhan's Grotto, Ember Light Camp, Destiny's Gorge or Ettin's Back and get more skills?

I've got maximum AC armor already. Is there an easy way to get good focus+weapon?

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
PVE is really dead in this game.

At least you can safely solo the pve part and lose nothing in the process. Meanwhile the pvp...

Anyway, tbh you hardly need any specific builds for regular pve, especially early when your skill pool is limited. You just stick whatever shit you think is funny on your skillbar and proceed to deliver the pain. The only things you gotta keep in mind are various AI quirks, like its susceptibility to AoE, so as an ele you typically load up a shitton of nukes and das it. /Me you can use either for echo or additional energy management from things like drain enchantment.

Sentinel

Arcane
Get a guild, and play on the american district since it's the most populated one.

Me and a couple mates still do dungeon runs with our guild.

PVE is really dead in this game.

At least you can safely solo the pve part and lose nothing in the process. Meanwhile the pvp...

Anyway, tbh you hardly need any specific builds for regular pve, especially early when your skill pool is limited. You just stick whatever shit you think is funny on your skillbar and proceed to deliver the pain.
then, by level 13-14, you'll meet a group of 5-6 floating-brains-like thingies, mesmers with perfect reflexes, who'll proceed to rapexterminate all your casters. that day you'll learn what guild wars is really about.

mwnn85

Savant
Last time I logged in, the lobby areas were full of Asians.

:dead:

They screwed up the balance of the game from Factions onwards anyway; those early World Championships and so on were great to watch.

Last edited:

ultra loser

Scholar
I liked Guild Wars. The only MMO where you didn't have to exp or kill shit for hours to get items because you got to the max level and got the best armor after only a few days. It was a good retard filter because popammole fans like their mindless grinding shit and never wanted to play this after hearing that there is only 20 levels.
And the most important - you could play without friends.

Spent few hundred hours there just doing campaigns and legendary cartographer which was I think my only maxed title. Never played GW2 but I heard that it's some SJW shit.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Reinstalled the game while remembering nothing about builds and shit. Picked up my mesmer in prophecies ( just arrived in LA) .
I'm having a lot of fun figuring what could be the best build even with limited skills i have. Did 1 campaign quest and idk why the game is so relaxing.

Black

Arcane
I reinstalled too and am using the mesmer heroes for double Psychic Instability, it's so good.

Black

Arcane
NCSoft should make GW1 f2p, it's not like anyone's actually buying the game and that way they may make some money on their dlc shop.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Why can't we have a rebirth of GW1 like WoW Classic and just play the best MMO of all time like it was new again?

Wow classic didn't exist anymore, while GW1 is still there. They would need major change to attract more player. I'm sure they would mess it up adding dumb things like raised level cap, nerfing hard content etc. No please. Even if it was to just update the engine and animations, i don't trust nuAnet or any other NCskft owned studio to pull it off

NCSoft should make GW1 f2p, it's not like anyone's actually buying the game and that way they may make some money on their dlc shop.

If they relaunch the game as f2p, they will add any sort of micro-transaction to monetize.
Please guys GW1 has already been dishonored ( got a degenerate child: gw2), now don't spit on its grave.

The only thing they should do, and i doubt they will, is to make an offline client downloadable for whoever owns the game. They could even sell the 3 campaign and expansion to whoevet don't own them and milk the game a bit

gw pains me so much. one of the best games ever ruined by some of the worst retards ever (the same retards who closed down tabula rasa while its numbers were *raising*). time to tell my tale again: i had 14 toons, 2 pvp, all the others had at least faction armor, almost every elite unlocked, i had almost everything and i kept having fun. one day they had a security breach, my account lost everything but one toon and the stash (clear indication it wasn't a theft, not even counting the last access had been made from china), ncsoft blamed me on sharing my password and refused any rollback.
every day i wish them the most horrible death.

to me even selling everything for 1 dolla would net them a lot of unhoped for money, but it's ncsoft we're speaking of here. too retarded to understand simple reality.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
gw pains me so much. one of the best games ever ruined by some of the worst retards ever (the same retards who closed down tabula rasa while its numbers were *raising*). time to tell my tale again: i had 14 toons, 2 pvp, all the others had at least faction armor, almost every elite unlocked, i had almost everything and i kept having fun. one day they had a security breach, my account lost everything but one toon and the stash (clear indication it wasn't a theft, not even counting the last access had been made from china), ncsoft blamed me on sharing my password and refused any rollback.

to me even selling everything for 1 dolla would net them a lot of unhoped for money, but it's ncsoft we're speaking of here. too retarded to understand simple reality.
Damn that's horrible. In a perfect world you would have a thousand dollars compensation

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Apparently, it's literally 1 guy managing GW. It will probably last as long as GW2. They're on the same servers and GW takes a silly fraction of space and is easy to maintain.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

They really dropped the ball with GW2. Instead of keeping the fantastic deckbuilding skill systems and multiclassing, they wanted to be more like WoW and failed.

Codex Year of the Donut
gw pains me so much. one of the best games ever ruined by some of the worst retards ever
ncsoft destroyed all their MMOs in the west
lineage 2 was completely unplayable on the official servers, bots were absolutely everywhere along with gold sellers. Entire game became wallet warrior 2. The only true way to play it without this shit was on a private server, of which thousands were available due to L2J(meh server emulator) and because the source for the game's server code leaked multiple times(yay)

biggestboss

Liturgist
Wow classic didn't exist anymore, while GW1 is still there. They would need major change to attract more player. I'm sure they would mess it up adding dumb things like raised level cap, nerfing hard content etc. No please. Even if it was to just update the engine and animations, i don't trust nuAnet or any other NCskft owned studio to pull it off

If they relaunch the game as f2p, they will add any sort of micro-transaction to monetize.
Please guys GW1 has already been dishonored ( got a degenerate child: gw2), now don't spit on its grave.

The only thing they should do, and i doubt they will, is to make an offline client downloadable for whoever owns the game. They could even sell the 3 campaign and expansion to whoevet don't own them and milk the game a bit
GW1 already had a microtransaction shop years before GW2 came out. Personally, I'd love to see it just go F2P. That might actually get me to retrieve my old account info and reinstall the games.

Codex Year of the Donut
I've never played GW1 but I played GW2 and it was pretty shit. Heard it was way different, what's the reason they changed it so much?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom