Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2019 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
It's about supporting combatfag depression. Chin up ol bugger, Wasteland 3 will have plenty of fighting, with yuge explosions that would make Michael Bay cream his drawers.

Prime Junta

nobody will know.
almost like the poll is being manipulated because there's nothing to stop it from happening
maxresdefault.jpg

I’m worried you’re taking the obvious success of Disco Elysium too personally.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Disco has the highest % of 4/4 votes than any title before, including AoD, Underrail, Witcher 3 and D:OS.

but have you perhaps considered that this is because there was literally nothing else that could compete with it in this grorious year 2019 that was better than all the 2000s combined because literally everything else was various degrees of bad or forgettable except for a cyoa running on lasagna that nobody's heard of

it wouldn't be so if the poll itself wasn't a crappy 1-4 scale.

Alright game? 4/4
Average game? 3/4
Bland game? 2/4
Turd? 1/4

Any decent game, no matter whether somewhat alright or great is bound to receive max points. Hence this scale sucks. I voted Disco 4/4, but it by no means is 10/10 or 9/10. Felipoopoop just screwed the poll just like he screwed his book by not including non-mainstream titles (like Prelude to Darkness).

That said, he does at least do something and I appreciate it. Nobody else bothers, including me.

Latro

Arcane
disco elysium is an adventure game with progression whisked behind RPG-like mechanics; but it is not an RPG

where's the fucking combat? where's the fucking -anything- that makes something an RPG? fucking neptunia is more RPG than disco elysium, that shit should win our RPG GAME of the year, fuckers!!!

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Disco has the highest % of 4/4 votes than any title before, including AoD, Underrail, Witcher 3 and D:OS.

but have you perhaps considered that this is because there was literally nothing else that could compete with it in this grorious year 2019 that was better than all the 2000s combined because literally everything else was various degrees of bad or forgettable except for a cyoa running on lasagna that nobody's heard of
there is this amazing unfinished gaym stygian

Lovecraft theme park in 2019 is so breath of fresh air very GOTY

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Stygian was decent. Very flawed with good ideas. If executed correctly, it could have been great. The big word here being "If".
It was a pleasant experience even despite it's shallow approach to Lovecraft's work, but an unfinished half of a game shouldn't even been released let alone included in the vote, but that's the current state of gaming industry.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Stygian was decent. Very flawed with good ideas. If executed correctly, it could have been great. The big word here being "If".
It was a pleasant experience even despite it's shallow approach to Lovecraft's work, but an unfinished half of a game shouldn't even been released let alone included in the vote, but that's the current state of gaming industry.

You want really deep approach to HPL theme park, it is not in the games, it is graphic novel "Providence" by Alan Moore.

Prime Junta

Great news I've contacted the administration re disco;
- disco proponents get permanent lock on gd/politics and sb
- their posting is limited to one post a day of 140 letters at most with six letter and longer words blocked
- their avatars are all blue dog with a tag REPROBATE added to the codex handle
- their handles are automatically reformatted to say DISCOFAG_(handle)
- they're given site access for six hours a day at most counting at midnight of their respective time zones
- no access to front page reviews except for batailles parody of a review
- one of them is randomly banned on a weekly basis

Any plans for what the three of you left are going to be doing with your time?

Latro

Arcane
- their posting is limited to one post a day of 140 letters at most with six letter and longer words blocked
- they're given site access for six hours a day at most counting at midnight of their respective time zones

So what are the three of you left going to be doing with your time?
talking about and playing RPGs

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Maxie pls make the dog avatar woof-woof again.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

So what are the three of you left going to be doing with your time?
talking about and playing RPGs
But you people don't play games. You and Maxie play as much games as i spend time in ballet training,aweigh play only some obscure jrpg dungeon crawler and Jenkem plays walking sims like outward,tho at least could be seen posting from time to time in to the normal rpg discussions. So in the end he is the most normal of your lot,which is strange since he is the guy that runs around and screech about muh disco is shit,the most.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When fanta starts to call people out, you know something went down the shitter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom