Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Surge - "sci-fi Dark Souls" from Lords of the Fallen devs

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Last DLC. Apparently may be able to wear hats.

Pleased, but bizarre. Now people will be able to whine there's no guns in this cowboy game, as well as in this space game.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Cool, maybe will play it. I liked the "walk in the park" DLC. I hope the sequel will have more variety of baddies and more bosses, too many similar opponents was imo the biggest flaw of The Surge.

Arnust

Savant
Cool, maybe will play it. I liked the "walk in the park" DLC. I hope the sequel will have more variety of baddies and more bosses, too many similar opponents was imo the biggest flaw of The Surge.
I believe this is sort of its whole point, kind of like the Mooncrash DLC for Prey, more of a gamemode that seems to be about arena fighting, perhaps in spirit of the challenge portals from LOTF?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Was going to buy it, but DANM dat dlc bloat. Full content is about 3x the base game in my local banana pricing.

Arnust

Savant
The Good Bad and Augmented actually has shitloads of gear to it but yeah if you're not that interested in the combat engine I guess it wouldn't really be your thing. Walk In The Park's great either way though.

Cat Dude

Savant
That's the standard of western style rpg for having similar types of enemies. I can't say the same about jrpg though.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bought it for like 7 Euro during the Christmas sale. One of the best spent 7 Euro in my life.
So far I like it quite a bit more then Surge 2 which I played prior to it.
Despite part 2 featuring a lot more polish, more developed mechanics such as elemental damage, directional parries as well as much greater enemy, weapon and moveset variety.

Part 1 feels more rewarding, these is no overabundance of loot, you don't upgrade your gear every 15 minutes (less upgrade tiers is a big plus in my book!) and, at least in the early game, there is actual scarcity of equipment/materials for upgrade.
Also levels only provide Core Power, so there are more meaningful trade offs involved in gear selection.
Plus you don't backtrack nearly as much as in part 2 and the areas are more varied, atmospheric and interesting IMO.

Got the Code: Moonlight a bit earlier in R&D (where it was initially useless vs the cleaners in Elite Hazard Suits... but very good near the end of the zone vs androids and afterwards vs all security personnel and robots) and recently also MG Judgde 2.0 and... I kinda feel like Code: Moonlight is a bit OP?
It's spin-2-win is very fast, stunlocks most enemies (even Black Cerberus). Judge 2.0, despite slightly higher nominal damage, can't really keep up. Feels slow as moleasses in comparison. Sadly charged attacks kinda suck in part 1 (loved them in part 2). But then fighting all the time with spin-2-win feels kinda cheap...

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Or how long does it take to kill an ecologically damaged planet and start anew with new Ubermensch... or even machines... :D

Yeah, these guys were really crazy.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom