Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

HansDampf

Arcane
Prey (CryEngine) is capable of rendering multiple scenes, complete with actors and everything. The entire starting area is built around this gimmick. Couldn't the same tech have been used for mirrors?
Ed6L453.jpg

Beowulf

Arcane
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

A272513302B8B0127C498A02FAA0E041B95D7DB7

A29BB9D83ACB68F491CC27E5B93FF67D9669C1C9

BA670342801D422679BA8D1BB43E5EE2323F7268

4B5767B3EE2EC09578A15E2CBC38585330B31505

Focus is a bunch of heretics and traitors. They botched up the release of two Space Hulk games and thus sabotaged any hope of additional work on them.
And Streum On somehat improved it with the release of the Enhanced Edition and even released one more additional level.
So much wasted potential here. The framework is good, they should be milking it now with DLC's with more enemies and locations.

Oh well, that's the curse of Games Workshop I guess. Their greed slowly penetrates weaker minds of bard members of their license holders.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And Streum On somehat improved it with the release of the Enhanced Edition and even released one more additional level.

Tbh, I reinstalled deffwing recently to check the enhanced changes, played through the first level and it looked largely identical to the release version except for better performance.

Beowulf

Arcane

Tbh, I reinstalled deffwing recently to check the enhanced changes, played through the first level and it looked largely identical to the release version except for better performance.

Well, I don't really remember the details, but the EE was mostly a giant patch, that fixed a lot of bugs, improved performance for many and added customisation and better MP options (which still lack some basic convenience features). There were no SP changes I believe (except for improved AI behaviour probably).
My guess is that they decided to release it as an Enhanced Edition - i.e. a new edition and a new entry on steam, mainly to give the game a new start and leave the previous entry with negative reviews. I don't think the regular edition is available on steam any more.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
202001151931351.jpg

Imagine you are on the precipice of wrecking your rival's fucking unprotected, unattended to coastline...

when suddenly...

6AFFEEE051A3CDEAADA9F8F9114084A978E8287E

some fuck decides to vote "yes" for the lulz and gives victory to the guy he's currently at war with :neveraskedforthis:

Viata

Arcane
I like how the two first images just feel like any other old war game and then the Jews appeared in the third image and I knew this game took place when Romans were taking control of Judea.

HansDampf

Arcane
Untitled Goose Game

5iGlREL.jpg

Overrated meme game. It's well-made and funny, at first, but gets boring fast. More fun to watch a speedrun than to play it.

xm46Hlc.jpg

0zVpy3M.jpg

N8cNvST.jpg

---
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

g6JM3CN.jpg

I've never played a Castlevania game. This looked interesting. And boobs. The first hour left a bad impression, though. Cringy anime story, far too much dialogue, annoying NPCs with fetch quests, and worst of all, the voice acting. Even Miriam's shouts and screams in gameplay are so bad, I was close to uninstalling. Then I found the solution: Switch voices to Japanese and skip most of the dialogue. Now, I can try and enjoy the game.

b7dwfkc.jpg

Boobz.

XOAPRXp.jpg

tCUTq8E.jpg

Nice.

4euByxZ.jpg

gt82kww.jpg

lf04oXK.jpg

Rfh8P8W.jpg

Tx1gjAL.jpg

n7h7XoY.jpg

iseewhatyoudid.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom